The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

15 hours ago, Yung1 said:

I'm pretty sure a Tryamkin contract cannot be submitted to the league before July 1st? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he can't play this season no matter what. I remember reading that somewhere.

You are mistaken, there was a report out that said he couldn't play which you likely read but it was absolutely wrong, Tree can play in this years playoffs, even if he signs after the trade deadline, it is just a matter of him being released once they either miss the playoffs or are eliminated. It isn't for certain but absolutely can happen and has been previously covered in this thread.

Copied this over. Sorry it's a leafs article but it applies as he is on our Reserve List.

I expect you guys already know this but Tryamkin can be signed after the trade deadline and still play in this years playoffs, here's the article which also states that this does apply to RFA's.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa

"However, if you read that rule it says it doesn’t apply to players on the reserve list or players on loan to the European club. That means players the Leafs already have the rights to, who have been loaned to Europe, are eligible to join the team. They can even join their NHL team after the trade deadline and still play in the playoffs."

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure who else saw this, this is from today's Vancouver Province:

"The 25-year-old, who appears to want to return to Vancouver, is eighth in the KHL in blocked shots (87), sixth in hits among D-men (89) while averaging 20 minutes of ice time this season.

Tryamkin has two goals, nine assists and a plus-7 rating in 51 games."

I especially like the 6th in hits. We need a Tree hitting other teams forwards!

Any day now.

• Cheers 2

Watched his game today. Almost two periods. Man their replacement goalie sucks. They lost 4-2 and looks like they'll make the playoffs but man they aren't good without Kovar their number one goalie. Tryamkin looked good. Lots of jump but tried to do too much when they were trying to catch up in the third. He's going to need coaching in the offensive zone. He had one dead on chance to go to the crease with the puck but dumped it behind the net. Not that we need his offense, but when everyone is backing off why not take it to the crease? First unit pk again. Cleared the crease well. Playing physical without taking a penalty. 

The refs here are going to watch him like a hawk whistles at the ready. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

benning is gonna makes moves at deadline especially if tryamkin is finished yr i khl  sign him 3 yrs jimbo   he was a beast when i wat hed him play against ducks  getzlaf and perry and kesler were scared to  go into canucks zone by end of the game. 

id love seeing what juolevi, rafferty and lind and gaz can do in bigs before playoffs.

Hopefully benning unloads some of our vets at deadline  this team might ge getting wins but being outshot constantly isnt a good thing. In my eyes   4 of 7of  this group  (Schaller, Tanev, Sutter, Stecher, Fantenberg, Leivo, Baertchi) should be traded as cap dumps or in package deals for upgrades.  Eriksson needs to retire next yr or permanently play his contract out in ahl.

miller petey virtanen

pearson horvat boeser

ferland  gaudette macewen 

roussel  beagle motte 

gravovac, bailey, lind, goldobin  

edler myers

hughes tryamkin 

juolevi benn

rafferty, brisbois 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

Tryamkin playing Jokerit. Love those Joker unis, up tempo game as teams head for the playoffs. In the 1st as TK was clearing a puck from his RD position a small fast LW was bearing down on TK and tried to hit TK full force after TK passed. TK didnt budge and the guy literally bounced off TK and fell straight on his back. Was quite funny. TK with one beauty hit as he was going for a line change and the play caught up to him. Layed the guy out, in the NHL someone would have challenged him to fight for a hit like that. He played 2nd unit PP, which is rare but good to see. Jokerit with the better systems and defensive coverage beat Avto  easily 4-2.  Avtos back up goalie 86% save pct again looking very nervous and jittery. TK looking strong as he ragdolled a forward trying to press into the crease area. I hope Tryamkin is getting learn time with Pavel Datsyuk while he's there. Datsyuk could offer a lot in teaching about the pro game in the NHL.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, SilentSam said:

Geezus...  is it me , or is the CDC emoticon menu starting to look like the trinket section in a Loonie store :picard: ?

When what we really, really want is the return of the minus button.

(What was the problem with that again?  Crappy posters getting too many minuses?)

5 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

When what we really, really want is the return of the minus button.

(What was the problem with that again?  Crappy posters getting too many minuses?)

I think it was encouraging some of the trolls to be as outrageous as possible, competing to get the most minuses.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, canuktravella said:

edler myers

hughes tryamkin 

juolevi benn

rafferty, brisbois 

Sorry pal.  Tanev ain't going anywhere and he is better than tryamkin at D.

Edit: PLUS...why the hell would the Canucks want to split up Hughes and Tanev when they have been unreal??  Actual NHL GMs and coaches don't pull crap like that when they are leading their division.

Edited by Kanukfanatic