The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

that says nothing about him joining the Canucks this season. When his season is over, they'll talk, see if there's interest and common ground on price.  It's not only not guaranteeing anything, it makes zero mention of him playing this year.

What are you looking for? A contract while he still plays in the KHL? A promise? Those haven't exactly been true in the past. If he did make a promise and then it didn't happen, then what? This could be a situation like the old FA day was, lots of hearsay and one minute after midnight lots of signings, but no one was allowed to talk until July 1. Lots happened then, why not now or something similar?

Just now, Lazurus said:

What are you looking for? A contract while he still plays in the KHL? A promise? Those haven't exactly been true in the past. If he did make a promise and then it didn't happen, then what? This could be a situation like the old FA day was, lots of hearsay and one minute after midnight lots of signings, but no one was allowed to talk until July 1. Lots happened then, why not now or something similar?

peopleare counting down to the end of his season like there's been actual talk, by people in the know, that he's joining the team, when there's actually been zero talk in that regard.  He may very well end up in Van again, but there's absolutely no indication whatsoever that it's this season.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lazurus said:

650 sportsnet

“We feel Nikita can play for any club in the NHL,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond said via text message. “Vancouver has his exclusive NHL rights, he is familiar with the city, ownership, management and staff, and we will engage in talks after Nikita’s KHL season.

“Obviously he’s on our reserve list,” Benning said Thursday morning. “Our pro scouts continue to watch and keep tabs on him. When his season is over and his contract is up, I’ll speak with Todd.”

“Nikita is a guy we know can play in the league. He’s a good skater for his size and he can make a good first pass.”

Benning and his pro scouts held meetings last week in Vancouver, taking stock of the players they may want to add to their roster, should the opportunity arise.

The team’s stock of looming free agents was also part of the discussion.

“We have some decisions to make from now until the end of the year,” he said.

While not coming out and guaranteeing an instant return, if he comes back it is good for the Canucks in so many ways, cap wise and in negotiations.

This is about as close as it can be stated especially if they said he would it gives leverage to the other side or fan discontent if they failed

Does not say anywhere here, that he will be joining the club this season.

We all know Its all just speculation with a wait and see, as are most things on the forum. Im not sure what some posters are trolling for? 

Khl is still going on.....some posters are just whiner negative Nancy’s. Which i feel sorry for...cuz they’re so obviously sad people.

some people just need a big boobed hug and too be reminded everything’s ok in Canuckland.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kylecanuck said:

That is what the argument has been though, there are those here that claim he is a number one shutdown D man on a cup team. I'm saying he isn't, he would be a good 3/4 if health...

4 hours ago, kylecanuck said:

I think we will make it this year too, and I'm a little excited about what we could do. If healthy, meaning ferlund is good to go, tanev is healthy, and Ericsson playing third line quality hockey. We could make some noise

Throwing in Tryamkin could be what pushes us through the first and dare I say second rounds!!

The only thing he lacks in being a number one pairing for Hughes is a nasty disposition. 

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

We all know Its all just speculation with a wait and see, as are most things on the forum. Im not sure what some posters are trolling for? 

Khl is still going on.....some posters are just whiner negative Nancy’s. Which i feel sorry for...cuz they’re so obviously sad people.

some people just need a big boobed hug and too be reminded everything’s ok in Canuckland.

fight club hug GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, kylecanuck said:

I hear what you're saying and it makes a lot of sense but I'm going to have to point out a few things. I was saying he isn't a number one shutdown on a cup contending team, he has been the top lock down D for a bottom feeding team as you put it. The contrast in those two teams and the value of a number one defensemen on each team is quite different.

Again as I've been saying, it's his smarts and body positioning, not his skating that makes him the defenseman he is. He isn't fast, but always in the right position so as to not be beat, he doesn't wow with his edge work as he's smart enough of a player that he doesn't have to be flashy. Virtanen is a good example of good skating with out the smarts to use it fully yet. 

Plus minus is great and all, and I'm not saying he hasn't been great for us as a number one defenseman over arguably the worst stretch of Canucks hockey in history. I just look at the factors of him missing a third of his career to injury, and not being offensive or physical at all makes him a good 3/4 on a cup team.

And I agree, having the other players like Myers and fantenberg to take up some of the heavier minutes is helping with his health. Still willing to put money he isn't starting opening night of the playoffs

Yea and adding a guy like tanev to a cup contending team is locking up your back end and making damn sure its going to be hard for teams to score on you. Any team that can add what he brings is a serious step forward to being a cup contender as opposed to just a contending team

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knucklehead91 said:

Yea and adding a guy like tanev to a cup contending team is locking up your back end and making damn sure its going to be hard for teams to score on you. Any team that can add what he brings is a serious step forward to being a cup contender as opposed to just a contending team

I agree with you 100% brining him in as a 3rd defenseman would solidify any team taking it from a playoff to cup contender. But he still wouldn't be top two options. 

I think a first+ B prospect or a solid blue Chip prospect and we should trade him. Not that I think anyone would offer that

• Wat 1

Just now, kylecanuck said:

I agree with you 100% brining him in as a 3rd defenseman would solidify any team taking it from a playoff to cup contender. But he still wouldn't be top two options. 

I think a first+ B prospect or a solid blue Chip prospect and we should trade him. Not that I think anyone would offer that

He might not be a top 2 on some teams, but if any significant injury occurs on a teams top pairing, you’ve got him in your back pocket who is capable of filling in as #2 until they return from injury

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

He might not be a top 2 on some teams, but if any significant injury occurs on a teams top pairing, you’ve got him in your back pocket who is capable of filling in as #2 until they return from injury

The odds of Tanev stepping up because of injury, and being replaced because of being injured going to be favoured on the being replaced side. His career history speaks volumes, expect him to not finish out the season

What GM in their right mind wants a 50 game a year Defenseman?

Edited by kylecanuck
  • Wat 2

13 minutes ago, kylecanuck said:

The odds of Tanev stepping up because of injury, and being replaced because of being injured going to be favoured on the being replaced side. His career history speaks volumes, expect him to not finish out the season

You do realize how heavily relied upon Tanev has been in dying minutes of the game, important d-zone starts and his fearlessness to block shots without anyone behind him in the lineup to help take some of the abuse is what lead to his injuries. The more he is on the ice in those situations, the more likely an injury will be an outcome.

With Meyers and Fantenberg or Jordie Benn when he is in the lineup, there are more options on the PK and in defensive zone situations, giving Tanevs body a break. He gets injured from blocking shots. 
You NEED guys who sacrifice the body by blocking shots fearlessly or taking the big hit to make the simple play, to win a cup. The guy who takes a big hit but makes the short pass to the winger on the boards wins you games.

The guy who avoids the hit and gives up the puck loses you games. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tryamkin is a sutd.  Watch Zadorov play.  Tryamkin is bigger, faster, meaner and better than Zadorov who is a key piece to Colorado's defence.  When he comes back and he's ready to play watch out.  6'7", 265 pounds and can skate like a forward with a blistering shot, a long stick and can rag doll guys that are 230 pounds.  

Nikita Tryamkin is going to turn some heads when he is back.  He was just a kid a few years ago when he joined us.  He is a man now.  And knows what he wants.  He wants to play in the best league in the world and make money for himself and his family.  He knows this now.  He will come over and be in beast mode, mark my words...

Let's hope so. I'm not holding my breath. My gut instinct is he's a 5/6/7 dman who will probably bolt when that aspect is fully realized.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

You do realize how heavily relied upon Tanev has been in dying minutes of the game, important d-zone starts and his fearlessness to block shots without anyone behind him in the lineup to help take some of the abuse is what lead to his injuries. The more he is on the ice in those situations, the more likely an injury will be an outcome.

With Meyers and Fantenberg or Jordie Benn when he is in the lineup, there are more options on the PK and in defensive zone situations, giving Tanevs body a break. He gets injured from blocking shots. 
You NEED guys who sacrifice the body by blocking shots fearlessly or taking the big hit to make the simple play, to win a cup. The guy who takes a big hit but makes the short pass to the winger on the boards wins you games.

The guy who avoids the hit and gives up the puck loses you games. 

Yes ok, you all win... He is a number one hands down,  and his career has been HOF worthy, I'm so excited to have him play half of the remaining games in his career for the Canucks.... It'll be so rewarding to start the playoffs with Tanev on the LtIR, throwing off our D pairing like has happened every single season he has played... 

Let's all join hands in prayer that at his oldest he has his healthiest season ever!!!

• Wat 2

1 hour ago, kylecanuck said:

The odds of Tanev stepping up because of injury, and being replaced because of being injured going to be favoured on the being replaced side. His career history speaks volumes, expect him to not finish out the season:picard:

You are ridiculous.  

1. This is the Tryamking thread.

2. If you really think most GMs in the league would not want Tanev, you have zero hockey knowledge. 

Good grief.....:picard:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kylecanuck said:

Yes ok, you all win... He is a number one hands down,  and his career has been HOF worthy, I'm so excited to have him play half of the remaining games in his career for the Canucks.... It'll be so rewarding to start the playoffs with Tanev on the LtIR, throwing off our D pairing like has happened every single season he has played... 

Let's all join hands in prayer that at his oldest he has his healthiest season ever!!!

Your posts are not worth seeing bug.

Cya!!

6 hours ago, stawns said:

peopleare counting down to the end of his season like there's been actual talk, by people in the know, that he's joining the team, when there's actually been zero talk in that regard.  He may very well end up in Van again, but there's absolutely no indication whatsoever that it's this season.  

6 hours ago, stawns said:

It’s just the same as the season he did join us in 2016..   Benning was in touch with Diamond, Nik’s Agent.  And when Nik’s season was over , he was on a plane and here inside of a week.

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

It’s just the same as the season he did join us in 2016..   Benning was in touch with Diamond, Nik’s Agent.  And when Nik’s season was over , he was on a plane and here inside of a week.

Yes, the same factors that made it appealing to him last time to come here in the spring would apply again. Getting to know his teammates, finding out what the coaches feel he should work on over the summer, getting a nice chunk of NHL signing bonus money to help with getting set up here, shopping for a new home, etc.

Until a new contract has been actually signed, neither JB nor Tram is likely to make a definitive statement that he is coming over, because to do so would give the other side a substantial amount of negotiating leverage and would consequently be stupid.

But, last time he came here in March. How does that saying go? Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to......go on endlessly about how they think it will be different this time because......"there's actually been zero talk in that regard."

14 hours ago, kylecanuck said:

From the nonsense in your posts, I assume that you are too young to remember Sami Salo.

• Haha 3