The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sven Baertschi to Canucks

Trading picks for Vey, Clendenning, and now Baertchi. Bennington will either look like a genius when all these kids speed up the rebuild, or like a total moron for throwing all those draft picks away for washed up over-agers.

Even good young players don't become NHL regulars until their early 20's. None of them will be franchise players but if they become productive middle of the pack players I'm happy.

Great trade, too bad it's a 2015 rather than 2016 2nd.

even in a deep draft, what are the odds of a 2nd round pick making the NHL let alone showing they can produce? Sven has shown he can play in this league and produce. JB did exactly what he said he would in trading for prospects that are further along in their development. Far less risk with Scven than some yet to be determined 2nd round pick.

Calgary fans don't seem too thrilled about it. and that's enough for me :)

I love it, anytime we get the better of the Flames on a deal is always a win in my books.

Was very impressed with him when I watched him in Abbotsford.

Nice. I'm sure he'll do better than whoever we would have took with our second rounder. Young and great potential.

Is he on a 2 way contract? I think I might have preferred Stewart for the second though.

We got 3 Swiss guys now? Luca webs and now Sven! Hopefully it's good for chemistry.

Archived