The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Kings | 04/06/15 | 7:00 PM PST | SNP

Orka

Need two points but I will settle for one. Can't come out of this with zero. No way do the Coyotes and Oilers not try and play spoiler.

better believe it .. and playing with no pressure can feel very easy . I think our boys have pulled out gutsy efforts all year and I think they are going to do it again tonight .

The Nucks shall dethrone the kings tonight . it has been decreed

Are you for real?

Stick checking is one of the biggest parts of the game. Without doing it be ready do give up every single battle on the boards, get caught out of position because you are doing nothing but going for the body. Damn. What am I doing. No one is that stupid. I just got trolled

A player has two choices when the man is on the boards...he either take the man then the puck (which also involves the stick). Take the man to separate him from the puck or you stand beside him and stick check him.

Taking the man to separate him from the puck (individual tactic) or you can take the man and have your team mate take the puck (team tactic) or you can stand beside the player and stick check him...Canucks do a lot of stick checking; rather, they can separate the man from the puck by taking the man then the puck...This style is more successful in the playoffs because it creates intimidation, if taking the man is done consistently. Over the game, if started at the starting whistle, this will have an effect in the later periods. "No stick checking" isn't to be taken literally.

Just curious could anyone tell me. Since Winnipeg and LA are tied in points. What is the overall tie breaker? Since Winnipeg has more wins I thought it would be them but LA has more ROW wins is that what is the tiebreaker??

Just curious could anyone tell me. Since Winnipeg and LA are tied in points. What is the overall tie breaker? Since Winnipeg has more wins I thought it would be them but LA has more ROW wins is that what is the tiebreaker??

ROW then head to head record and then goal differential

No bad starts allowed, any flailing and the kings will kill us.

If the 'nucks play a full 60mins we have a chance. The kings are hungry and will eagerly pounce on any weakness, dirty scavengers, I hope they all break an ankle in the pregame skate.

Full 60min effort 3-2 Canucks. Stick to your guns boys, or you're f#$%ed.

We got this.

Dear Kelly Sutherland:

Hi. I remember you.

Here's the drill....you are from Richmond and I am from Richmond. That means we're almost cousins and family comes first.

You wear my birth date (11) and again, it's a sign.

I will say this: don't cross Deb because she's got your number. She knows purple curses and stuff. Ouija, voodoo dolls - all that.

Today is a new day...let bygones be bygones and start anew. Turn the page. Out there on the blue line you're a million miles away. Nevermind.

I want to like you, I do. I WILL like you, provided you polish up your best glasses, shine 'em up real nice and (sorry, channeling the Rock here)....see things clearly and evenly. Don't get so excited and caught up with it all that you forget that two teams are playing. I know your focus has been on the Canucks and that's cool and all, we love you right back, but there will be another team to focus on. They call themselves Kings but, honestly, they can be clowns at times...watch for that. This is not the circus, it's hockey. Don't tolerate it in your barn. Hold them to a high standard that says "you can't do that" if they try any funny stuff (they will).

Come on Kelly, you can do it. Make me a proud Richmondite...one that says "this guy has integrity. He is from my hometown and I like him". Right now, it's up in the air.

Sincerely,

Deb

richmond4lyfe

Little-Fockers-Robert-De-Niro-Close-Up-2

Gotta do something about the disaster that is Linden Vey, he is where plays go to die. Move Matthias to C and scratch Vey in favour of Kenins.

Agree, time and experiment is up with LV. Time to park him and use anyone else. Useless in the faceoff circle and too much of a lightweight.

Archived