The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to Bring Back Zack Kassian!

Zigmund.Palffy

What a stupid post. Piss poor effort? Vancouver has outplayed Calgary this series so far. They are not showing a poor effort at all, stop basing effort on results. Just like i will try not to base your intelligence on this one post....

And to think, if no one bumped this thread I would have never seen this little ball of e-thug directed at me.

Yeah, Vancouver sure outplayed the crap out of Calgary. Guess I didn't know what I was on about there. Silly me.

• 3 weeks later...

Benning called 2 teams about Kassian on top of the 6 that called him. I think it is possible that at least one of those teams wanted to wait to see where they wound up in the draft before committing to a trade. It is possible that Kassian is traded for a big center. I like Kassian, but certain attention to details comments were made by Benning, Linden, and Desjardin during the Kassian debates.

I didn't want start a thread, so I bumped.

Its pretty safe to assume Kassian will be traded. Benning wanted Seguin gone from Boston because he didn't want to "baby sit" the player due to off ice issues.

Kass loves skiing too much. Benning not the type of GM who would let that slide.

• 1 year later...
On 20/04/2015 at 11:38 AM, Zach Parise said:

really hope kassian is back , guys like ferland needs to be taught a lesson , missing one of our toughest players that can stick up for our teammates!

Has anyone have any news on Kassian ?

Zack Kassian is playing like a beast right now. We need a player like him badly here. :huh:  Prust was a bust.

I understand the path he needed to get to this point, but man I'd sure like to watch that at the garage in the near future.

z.thumb.JPG.4f285e61d07ce59741b485ad5668237e.JPG

2 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Zack Kassian is playing like a beast right now. We need a player like him badly here. :huh:

I understand the path he needed to get to this point, but man I'd sure like to watch that at the garage in the near future.

Jake will get there eventually.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Garbage trade by Benning.  

Kass would have been a great addition on our team .  Prust was damaged goods when we got him. ....

I agree Benning lost this one. Could always see the skill with Kassian. Sold so low on him what was the point. Can't win them all unfortunately.

It was one goal in one game. Sure, he made some hits too, but Kass is the same argument as Grabner. Each went through a rock bottom after they were traded to a new team and only then found their games. We had nothing left of value in him at the time we moved him and he was not a positive in the locker room in his state at that point.

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Garbage trade by Benning.  

Kass would have been a great addition on our team .  Prust was damaged goods when we got him. ....

Yeah he would, but not the old Kassian.

And Benning was right to ship him out, when he did. He may have saved Kassian...from Kassian. 

2 hours ago, xereau said:

Super happy for Zack, he deserves everything.  I feel management gave up far too early, and kicked someone in need of help to the curb.

It's called tough love. People with addictions (I am one so do have personal experience) need to face the consequences of their actions. We have no idea what was offered to Zach here, but the sequence of events since getting traded forced him to take responsibility for himself and his addictions and now he is doing great. Wish he would have done it here, but I am just glad for him that he's done it at all!

1 hour ago, afan said:

Kassian makes JB look like an idiot in the Kassian plus a 5th round pick for Prust trade with Montreal.

Yet Montreal put him through waivers.....without ever playing a game for them. That deal was a 5th for Prust if you take Kassian off our hands. He had no value.

3 hours ago, xereau said:

Super happy for Zack, he deserves everything.  I feel management gave up far too early, and kicked someone in need of help to the curb.

Kassian had no value when we traded him and even less when Montreal traded him.

The fact Kassian went to Montreal and carried on party boy as usual after rehab here tells me he wouldn't have straightened out here. He needed to be traded, another stint in rehab, clear waivers, and be traded for a cap dump for it to finally hit home he needed to straighten out or be washed up at 25.

Archived