The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

How much trade value does he have? I honestly feel the only untouchables the canucks have are Pettersson, Hughes, and Horvat (cuz hes captain). 

Makes me wonder... cuz MIN were interested in boeser in the summer. I wonder if they offered a 1st rd pick unprotected  hmmm

IMO if we're going by draft picks, he's worth a top 10 pick at minimum. To be honest, the asking price should probably be closer to a top 5 pick. If a team drafted 5th overall and got Boeser, they'd be happy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

IMO if we're going by draft picks, he's worth a top 10 pick at minimum. To be honest, the asking price should probably be closer to a top 5 pick. If a team drafted 5th overall and got Boeser, they'd be happy.

Top 6 wingers is arguably the team’s weak spot now so trading Boeser doesn’t make sense, also think getting equal value would be difficult, a pick in the 5-15 range is not enough IMO. 

It’s interesting though that Boesers trade value might be the highest it’ll ever be right now. He’s been good overall and is around top 20 in the league for points. Would love to be wrong but I think that’s about his ceiling. I’m kind of surprised by his overall game this season though so hopefully he’ll continue to impress. 

6 hours ago, J-P said:

Top 6 wingers is arguably the team’s weak spot now so trading Boeser doesn’t make sense, also think getting equal value would be difficult, a pick in the 5-15 range is not enough IMO. 

It’s interesting though that Boesers trade value might be the highest it’ll ever be right now. He’s been good overall and is around top 20 in the league for points. Would love to be wrong but I think that’s about his ceiling. I’m kind of surprised by his overall game this season though so hopefully he’ll continue to impress. 

I agree, I wouldn't want to trade Boeser at all--just trying to play @DontMessMe's game and get a value for him.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

How much trade value does he have? I honestly feel the only untouchables the canucks have are Pettersson, Hughes, and Horvat (cuz hes captain). 

Makes me wonder... cuz MIN were interested in boeser in the summer. I wonder if they offered a 1st rd pick unprotected  hmmm

What in theeee hell are you talking about trading Boeser for?  If we had a very high 1st round pick for him we would hope that pick would turn into Boeser....in like 3 years??

Why would we consider trading him for a 1st?  Haha...that is bizarre to say the least.  :frantic:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, J-P said:

Boeser is only 22 years old. Many players peak at around 25.

Why should we think he is maxed out?  Pure speculation on your part imo. Plenty of time to continue to grow and get better.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Boeser is only 22 years old. Many players peak at around 25.

Why should we think he is maxed out?  Pure speculation on your part imo. Plenty of time to continue to grow and get better.

Well, he is at a point per game pace currently. Trade him now before he’s a 23 year old burnout! ;)

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What in theeee hell are you talking about trading Boeser for?  If we had a very high 1st round pick for him we would hope that pick would turn into Boeser....in like 3 years??

Why would we consider trading him for a 1st?  Haha...that is bizarre to say the least.  :frantic:

Bruh this draft is deep af. Boeser is like an ok player. + who knows how bad his contract situation will get in the future. Im just saying, the only untouchables are Horvat, Pettersson and Hughes. And benning did say he wanted a first rd pick this coming draft so.... 

But before y'all flame me. The chances boeser stays are like 99%. Just trying to get an estimate of value thats al. 

• Wat 2

34 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Bruh this draft is deep af. Boeser is like an ok player. + who knows how bad his contract situation will get in the future. Im just saying, the only untouchables are Horvat, Pettersson and Hughes. And benning did say he wanted a first rd pick this coming draft so.... 

But before y'all flame me. The chances boeser stays are like 99%. Just trying to get an estimate of value thats al. 

I'd characterize Boeser as more than "an ok player". He's a high-level sniper who's capaple of a consistent 30-goal rate in 82 games and could probably hit 40+ in his prime. He's also half decent defensively and physically and can also pass the puck quite well.

It's an interesting idea to poke around what his value might be, but at the end of the day, as you say, it's probably all moot point as he's almost certainly not going to be moved.

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

Just stop....are you even a Canuck fan???

:picard:

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Just stop....are you even a Canuck fan???

Just because he's exploring the idea of trading a beloved player, doesn't mean he's not a Canuck fan. I mean, I don't agree with the notion, but I wouldn't say that it discredits his fandom.

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:07 AM, DontMessMe said:

1st round pick is my bet for the Conn Smythe this year. 1st round pick is one of the premier players in the NHL.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

I wouldn't trade Brock for less than 2 first rounders, 1 in the top 5 and 1 in the top 10; I'd also like an upper "b' level prospect as well.

Brock has already proven he can play and score at a high level, while the picks are just "hope the player can play" in the future.

Also note that Brock's contract would not be any worse than the picks if they turned out to be players.