The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

The thing that impressed me most about Brock is his ability to position himself for one timers off rushes. And Im not talking teeing off slap shot one tee's, they are quick on the net hard and accurate. Reminds me a bit of how Brett Hull was, very smart at quick releases never allowing goalie to get set. He definitely has a goal scoring mentality in O zone. Had some chemistry going with McCann, they scored some highlight reel goals in two on one drills

I see Brett Hull all over this kid. But remember how long it took Brett hull to become Brett Hull.CDC will run him out of town. I think he is very capable of being a number 1 winger. as well as Virtanen. SO we could have some deep prospects to fill some Voids.

I see Brett Hull all over this kid. But remember how long it took Brett hull to become Brett Hull.CDC will run him out of town. I think he is very capable of being a number 1 winger. as well as Virtanen. SO we could have some deep prospects to fill some Voids.

You vastly overestimate the power of this board.

• Upvote 3

Boeser has talent..but lets get real here...lets not make him a superstar before his time..he is a long way away...slag me if you want ..but really..he isnt the player you put into the lineup to become an all star..he is the type you slip into the lineup..he excells and helps those around him.

• Upvote 2

Boeser has talent..but lets get real here...lets not make him a superstar before his time..he is a long way away...slag me if you want ..but really..he isnt the player you put into the lineup to become an all star..he is the type you slip into the lineup..he excells and helps those around him.

I agree..

My biggest question going forward with him is whether he is a player that can carry his own in the big leagues and create his own offence and opportunities or is he more of a complementary piece that gets things done with whoever he is with.

i don't base management strategies off video games. I use common sense, and what's actually been happening in the league. some think it's so easy to just swap prospects and expect it to be a fair trade, and that no other factors apply, or get actual good value when a market is crap. the only thing i have against benning is the timing of his trades, when the market is saturated, or not holding out for better value at the trade deadline. if he was able to even get fair value for 50% of his trades he'd be a great gm in my eyes.

How the F do you know what market value for players is? Do you work for a team and answer the phone when it rings?

• Upvote 2