The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

Do people not realize that a player that was drafted from major junior can refuse to sign. If the player or the team dose not come to an agreement then the player would go back into the daft. The team would either lose or trade his rights. " Lindros"

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Don't know if this has been answered yet, but could Gaudette play for Utica in the playoffs?

He could not play for the Canucks and then go to Utica for the playoffs. He could go directly to Utica though on an ATO and play in the playoffs.

Just now, Rick Blight said:

He could not play for the Canucks and then go to Utica for the playoffs. He could go directly to Utica though on an ATO and play in the playoffs.

That would be the best situation. Save a year on his elc and get another  chance to win a different championship. 

And he won't "disrupt the tank" lol 

25 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I think I need to step away until he signs.....this place is driving me nuts !  LOL

I was out for breakfast. I didn't finish reading all the comments.  I swore he had that picture before too lol.  All good. I'm fully able to catch up now. ^^

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

well let me just get the ball rolling and say that we better draft the highest rated B.C. born player this year or pur pick will either refuse to sign and go back into the draft, bolt to the KHL or stay in Sweden to play close to home or stay in college until he is ufa. in fact I am starting to wonder if any of our draft picks will ever sign with us again.

Ya , Pettersson will probably stay in Sweden and never play a game for us.:o

7 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I don’t care as much about burning a year of the contract as I do about burning a year of expansion draft exemption, which apparently he wouldn’t do if he were to play the last 7 games this year (the omnipotent @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME explained this a couple pages ago).

In my opinion, it really wouldn't be a huge deal if we blew that year and had to protect AG. The way our forward group is looking around that time, there's not really much of a problem on protecting our forwards....

Bo & Brock definitely protected. 

Jake = Protected

Sven = Either way, but probably protected if continues trending right way and can avoid "injury prone" status

Goldy = Probably

Twins = Long gone

Loui = NMC becomes NTC, so most definitely exposed if still around

Gagner = UFA prior to XDraft

Granlund = Probably exposed if still around

Gaunce = Doesn't matter, couple years to decide....if he's still around

Any UFA's = still room for protection.

All our other prospects will be exempt....worked out good that Dahlen went to Sweden as he'll be a "2 year Pro" and exempt.

rotect

Still think we look good for the Seattle Expansion Draft. Only a few "Must Protect" guys, a few "Could Protect" and and bunch of "Doesn't Really Matter" guys. I'm not worried. More than enough room to protect Gaudette.

• Thanks 1

Pros and cons on him playing both NHL and AHL for this season?

i for one really wanna see if he will fit in like donato in the bigs but would also like to see him go on a deep playoff run with Utica but that is not guaranteed either 

thoughts...? 

Edited by LegionOfDoom
  • Upvote 1

Just now, appleboy said:

Ya , Pettersson will probably stay in Sweden and never play a game for us.:o

probably? I'm pretty sure that's a certainty at this point. why come to the NHL when he can spend his career dominating the SHL and be close to home. As for the B.C born players thing I mentioned earlier that wont work either because they don't want to play in a market as media intense and negative as Vancouver and they need a change of scenery. I'd say we should sign the crack head at the corner of hastings and main but I heard he got offered an echl deal with the everblades and is going to take that instead because of the nice weather and lower taxes in Florida.

3 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

In my opinion, it really wouldn't be a huge deal if we blew that year and had to protect AG. The way our forward group is looking around that time, there's not really much of a problem on protecting our forwards....

Bo & Brock definitely protected. 

Jake = Protected

Sven = Either way, but probably protected if continues trending right way and can avoid "injury prone" status

Goldy = Probably

Twins = Long gone

Loui = NMC becomes NTC, so most definitely exposed if still around

Gagner = UFA prior to XDraft

Granlund = Probably exposed if still around

Gaunce = Doesn't matter, couple years to decide....if he's still around

Any UFA's = still room for protection.

All our other prospects will be exempt....worked out good that Dahlen went to Sweden as he'll be a "2 year Pro" and exempt.

rotect

Still think we look good for the Seattle Expansion Draft. Only a few "Must Protect" guys, a few "Could Protect" and and bunch of "Doesn't Really Matter" guys. I'm not worried. More than enough room to protect Gaudette.

Gudbranson stetch also need to be protected 

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If you value their insight so much more than ours, maybe you should post solely over there?

Didn't I post I don't rely on forums for information?

Someone has to balance out the pro posters side with at least something other than fantasy thoughts.

Just look at what started this whole string of negativity, I posted some facts and a possibility, I didn't even go into depth with regards to what I posted.

But the one poster is so unsure of his position he had to find negativity in the posts.

I, at no time, stated I thought he would not sign here. It is just insecurity of the pro posters. Apparently it is being negative to post rules or opinions to some of the far right people.