The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen and McCann officially make the team

hatedkid666

Why? That's not a good enough reason. I think they'd both prefer to be in the NHL rather than in the WJHC. The Oilers wont send McDavid, why should we send McCann or Virtanen?

Extra development and a great experience. 

Neither are vital parts of the team yet, Virtanen understandably can stay as he went last year but McCann deserves the experience. 

Why? That's not a good enough reason. I think they'd both prefer to be in the NHL rather than in the WJHC. The Oilers wont send McDavid, why should we send McCann or Virtanen?

Agreed.  The Oilers did that with RNH his first year and the couple of weeks at the WJC was pretty much a waste of his time.  He looked really out of sync.  They're two totally different games.

Especially glad McCann made the team.  Adds a dimension to the Prust/Dorset line that I would've never imagined.

Great news! 

Now watch McCaan play his way up the line-up. I sure hope he can escape year 1 injury free--especially with all the 4th line minutes he's been eating.

Boy o boy did the yotes ever get away with several liberties, and that's without Grettal. What are they, the new Boston. Both kids could easily have been hurt with those nasty cross checks. 

Congrats to both! Well deserved and a great decision by the Canucks to keep them both.

Can't wait to see the video of how everything unfolded. I love that the team is joking around and having fun again. There were a few years after the Cup run and before the Luongo/Kesler era ended where it seemed like the energy around the team was always super dreary

PS - I'm assuming Hutton has made the team without there being an official announcement?! They just treat him like a pro lol

Archived