The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tyson Barrie Could be Moved - Friedman

DeltaSwede

Edler/Hamhuis, Demko, Jensen/Boesser, 3rd?

He would be worth that, if not more in my opinion. Giving up Demko and Boesser would hurt but we have Markstrom and great winger depth.

you have Jensen and Brock at the same value?

You have a pending Ufa dman (hammer) and a dman signed below market value long term at the same value?

You have a pending Ufa dman (hammer) and a dman signed below market value long term at the same value?

I get the first one.  The second one though, at the deadline (because he's a coming UFA) Hammer might have more value than Eddie, who is signed long term.  Some UFA rental D men get crazy returns at the deadline, and Hammer is most likely one of those guys.  I don't know if he's bringing a Tyson Berrie back, but he might get more than Edler.

If i'm Benning i'm pushing hard to see if Colorado is interested in moving Barrie and what it's going to cost. He would solidify are defence core for a lot of year

Edler-Tanev

Barrie-Sbisa

Hutton-Pedan

If Colorado is looking for a top prospect (like Cassels) a roster player (Hamhuis) and a pick i'm jumping all over that

If i'm Benning i'm pushing hard to see if Colorado is interested in moving Barrie and what it's going to cost. He would solidify are defence core for a lot of year

Edler-Tanev

Barrie-Sbisa

Hutton-Pedan

If Colorado is looking for a top prospect (like Cassels) a roster player (Hamhuis) and a pick i'm jumping all over that

is Berrie any different than Jordan Suban?  I thought he's pretty small, and a one way guy.

Colorado shouldn't be moving him for picks and prospects (as in players not having played 1-2 seasons in the NHL). It doesn't make any sense for them to take Barrie and move him for unknowns. For that matter, Hamhuis isn't helping them much either at the moment, but if that's what they want for their RFA dman you can bet Benning will ask Hammer to waive. 

I don't think Jensen or Guance will cut it. Jensen will be a project and Guance will likely top out as a third line player. Hard to say with Shink, he's having a excellent start though.

I think the discussion starts with one of bo, jake, jared or 1st.

Agree.

No, they aren't the same value, hence why it is either or. Wouldn't make sense to give the option of two players with the same value would it?

Could be a package of Edler, Boesser or if thats too much then Hamhuis, Boesser or Edler, Jensen.

Understand?

there is no quick fix for this direction this team is heading. It's best to trade for younger guys through veterans and not mess up the young prospect core group. For example, Hamuis and Edler has to be considered to trade for younger D-men. 

Who would you target and why would they give up a younger guy for Edler or Hamhuis?

This guy can carry the puck, hit , and skate in front of the net then score like a forward.

Small guy may be, reminds me of Keith Ballard.

Huge upgrade than Bartkowski and Weber. He can blast the puck just like Salo.

If the Sedins were to resurrect their PP, THIS is the GUY. 

Who would you target and why would they give up a younger guy for Edler or Hamhuis?

think of a team that needs a ready now defence man. Doesn't have to be specific, but just remember the Canucks' will likely get what Philly got for Coburn, a late 1st rounder and a decent prospect but not elite. Now for Edler his market could be a game changer, the thing is its about being open to trading your talent just look at what Winnipeg got from Buffalo last year. Teams might be interested in Edler and trading him makes sense.

If I remember correctly Edler's got no intention of leaving so I'm not entirely sure he'd be on the table anyway. Sure, players waive their clauses but I'd be quite surprised if Edler left.

That being said while Barrie would definitely be a great addition I'm not sure if it'd be the best move to acquire him when we're finally starting to accumulate some solid prospects and integrating them into the lineup. He'd boost us, I don't see us being contenders any time soon with or without him. Could go either way I suppose, but I still don't see him coming here.

think of a team that needs a ready now defence man. Doesn't have to be specific, but just remember the Canucks' will likely get what Philly got for Coburn, a late 1st rounder and a decent prospect but not elite. Now for Edler his market could be a game changer, the thing is its about being open to trading your talent just look at what Winnipeg got from Buffalo last year. Teams might be interested in Edler and trading him makes sense.

He has a NTC and doesn't want to waive it. 

He's also A LOT older.  It seems like A LOT to give up for A LITTLE player, who might not be any better than a guy we already have?  

lol silly, Subban has potential but Barrie has proven that he can play in the NHL, hell he already has 10 assists/points in 14 games... and he's 24.... opposed to 20 ? not ALOT older. 

Anyways I think we have too many NTC/NMC to make a trade like this to work without trading some younger pieces. Maybe if we are out of the playoffs and can move out Vrbata / Hamhuis as pieces for a Barrie trade but it's not likely that the trade will be open for that long.

Ah well I'd be happy to get Barrie but doubt it happens.

Archived