The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best wishes to Dan and the Hamhuis family

*Buzzsaw*

Just wanted to post a note of best wishes to Dan Hamhuis for a quick recovery. 

He is a class guy and has been a big contributor to Vancouver both on and off the ice.

Having experienced a broken jaw myself, I know how painful that can be... bone injuries are excruciating, and especially those in the head.  You could see how much pain he was in from the way he kicked his feet while laying on the ice.

Nothing you'd want to wish on anyone, let alone a guy as standup as Dan.

Hoping there are no complications and he is back soon.

What a tough break! I will admit that I have not been Hammy's most vociferous supporter this year and was wondering if we were in fact going to trade him for some picks etc. etc. but this particular incident kind of blows all of that sort of talk away. You simply have to love a guy who, after he gives up the puck, gives it his all to make amends to the extent that he sustains a grievous injury which, by the look of it, will see him sit out some considerable time in some considerable discomfort. The first word to come to me when this all went down was "heroic" which might be a bit over the top perhaps but isn't too far off and it's the best I can come up with right now.. Get well soon Dan.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hopefully it's nothing career-threatening or life-threatening and the hospital trip is just for precautionary measures.

He'll be out a while though, lucky Pedan's on fire at the moment.

Eder - Tanev

Hutton - Bartkowski

Pedan - Biega

Yikes. Sbisa can't come back soon enough.

If nothing else dental surgery so unlikely just precaution. If upper jaw, as some have speculated, that's a very serious injury. 

On December 9, 2015 at 10:58:44 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hopefully it's nothing career-threatening or life-threatening and the hospital trip is just for precautionary measures.

He'll be out a while though, lucky Pedan's on fire at the moment.

Eder - Tanev

Hutton - Bartkowski

Pedan - Biega

Yikes. Sbisa can't come back soon enough.

ya hooefully sbisa is back soon  but no worries are rag tag ahl defense will pull it together like last yr 

poor hammer. wish him well. Hope we keep him long term now. bring him back.  he obviously wasnt meant to be traded if this happens.  Look forward to his return. Hope Pedan gets the call up instead of weber sliding in.  web makes this team so weak on defense.

GL hammer. your such a nice person!

It sounds like he got his in the upper part of his mouth, at least according to Willy D in the press conference afterwards. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, but I've heard that it would have been better if it were the lower part.

Here's to hoping for a smooth and quick recovery and that it's nothing too serious.

Archived