The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen not playing

snucks

Why in the heck are they not playing Virtanen? That guy brings energy that is lacking by some who just go through the motions or are messed up by the coaching . Virtanen can do it all and above all, has energy that it seems the coaches don't want. Why is that ? The reluctance to play him is mind boggling. If those young guys aren't playing and old puckers are, maybe its time the management thought about bring up the coach from Utica that knows how to work with young guys.

The idea of having a skilled, fast team here without penalties in a league of much bigger tougher players is wrong, Torts had it right. Linden has it wrong. Iron Mike had it right. Hockey is a hard game. Its not always 3 on 3.

They want to slowly break him into the league, the Canucks feel a full 82 game schedule will burn him out. They pick and choose his games.

Yesterday they chose to put McCann into the game because it was more of a skilled game with very little crash and bang. Willie wants to use Virtanen vs Calgary because he knows his physicality will be required.

Looking forward to your thread on Saturday as to why McCann is sitting.

11 minutes ago, snucks said:

The idea of having a skilled, fast team here without penalties in a league of much bigger tougher players is wrong, Torts had it right. Linden has it wrong. Iron Mike had it right. Hockey is a hard game. Its not always 3 on 3.

Iron Mike says hi from Siberia.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The kid is 19. We're lucky to see him with the big club. He's got a lot to learn. We won't see the real Jake Virtanen for a while. /thread

Maybe not. The best place for Virtanen to learn is on the ice. Of course in Willy's scheme you have to be brought along slowly till your  24 like his Vey

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

They want to slowly break him into the league, the Canucks feel a full 82 game schedule will burn him out. They pick and choose his games.

Yesterday they chose to put McCann into the game because it was more of a skilled game with very little crash and bang. Willie wants to use Virtanen vs Calgary because he knows his physicality will be required.

Looking forward to your thread on Saturday as to why McCann is sitting.

Haha I don't know if skill really is a factor when the 23rd worst team in the league plays the worst team in the league. What I saw last night was a CBJ team take it to us physically and kept the puck while doing it most of the night.

5 minutes ago, meh_wassup said:

Haha I don't know if skill really is a factor when the 23rd worst team in the league plays the worst team in the league. What I saw last night was a CBJ team take it to us physically and kept the puck while doing it most of the night.

Weird that they kept the puck all night. I wonder how we out shot them and won more face offs. What really puzzles me is how they out hit us while keeping the puck. Strange days to be a nucks fan

Archived