The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson | #44 | D

-SN-

8 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

DYRRGyEWsAgr99R.jpg

I imagine getting the inevitable surgery now is best for his being fully ready for October.  Would rather have seen him shut down and surgery done back in November though.  What's up with our medical staff?

On 2/27/2018 at 5:56 PM, Qwags said:

Guddy isn't an elite D-man. I don't know why some are expecting him to be. He's certainly a top 4 D-man who could play a lot of minutes and whose style of play is vital come playoffs.

Whether he is or isn't ain't the problem.  His inability to remain healthy is (particularly for a guy you want to play physical).  Obviously not his fault (nobody wants to get injured); it's just extremely unfortunate (like the problem that plagued Salo).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Shame. He was playing the best he has as a Canuck the last 6'ish weeks. 

Well, this sure won't hurt the (not so stealth) tank :lol:

Come 'home' Dahlin, join with your countrymen EP and JD and become this teams next SWE superstars! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Shame. He was playing the best he has as a Canuck the last 6'ish weeks. 

Well, this sure won't hurt the (not so stealth) tank :lol:

Come 'home' Dahlin, join with your countrymen EP and JD and become this teams next SWE superstars! 

only gotta beat buffalo and arizona now, im really sad that i gotta say beat them for last place lol, sad times for us.

26 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

only gotta beat buffalo and arizona now, im really sad that i gotta say beat them for last place lol, sad times for us.

The thing about finishing last is the worst we could pick would be fourth.  We might no get Dhalin, but (considering the kids at the top of this draft) we are pretty much assured an impact player for our future core.  Slipping out of the top five, and it's (again) a guessing game, and becomes hit and miss.

• Upvote 1

Wow, guessing he wouldn't have passed another teams physical and that's why he wasn't traded. Looks like we're saddled with his contract for three more years now, damn. After the UFA period Benning needs to find a loophole and renegotiate Gudbranson's contract.

Edited by TheHitman

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, Tre Mac said:

Best case scenario: Guddy is injured and requires surgery.  He resigns on the cheap, has surgery in the offseason and comes back next year and mentors Tryamkin and Dahlin:bigblush:

It's all coming together

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Except that doesn't guarantee us anything other than slightly higher odds of getting a top three pick...

Guarantees us one of Dahlin, Svech, Zadina or Boqvist. Yes please.

16 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Wow, guessing he wouldn't have passed another teams physical and that's why he wasn't traded. Looks like we're saddled with his contract for three more years now, damn. After the UFA period Benning needs to find a loophole and renegotiate Gudbranson's contract.

I'm guessing he wasn't traded because we wanted to retain him.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Guarantees us one of Dahlin, Svech, Zadina or Boqvist. Yes please.

I'm guessing he wasn't traded because we wanted to retain him.

Eh, his durability issues probably kept a good/great deal off the table for Benning.