The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] T.Ruutu (and Sheppard) confirmed with Vancouver

Visp

10 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

This guy is about 10 post past his banning can't stand this douche bags attitude please get rid him!

The guy never has a nice thing to say. I like the Ruttu pto, as long as he displaces a vet like dorsett. That all of course he proves his worth. At worst maybe depth for Utica?

13 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

This guy is about 10 post past his banning can't stand this douche bags attitude please get rid him!

You're getting pretty worked up over one poster asking another if they're going to watch camp. I'm curious to see what your reaction would be if he actually slighted someone.

On 9/13/2016 at 6:47 PM, Odd. said:

Money aside,  Ruutu THAT much better than Higgins? Yes Sheppard/Ruutu would make less if they even make it but I don't see the need for Ruutu.

Maybe read carefully next time and you'll know my point.

Higgins was removed because he was getting older, we wanted to get younger and better. Ruutu, 33, same age as Higgins, hasn't had a 40 point year since 2010/2011, and has had injuries ruin his career. He only had a 1 point with Carolina, vs Higgins who has had 40 point seasons consistently while bringing in leadership and his PK prowess. Last year he was victim of the youth movement and his injury before the season began kind of made him redundant as well as his mediocre performance and he was moved, kicked out. 

Sheppard I can see him being added to our depth in Utica, but Ruutu? I doubt he'd go to Utica when he could get job offers from overseas and make more money there. NHL or bust for him. And looking at his point production and age, it confuses me why Benning gave him a PTO and has given him a chance rather than Higgins who's been much better for us ever since he's been here and had just 1 off year. Not to mention the injuries and his major step back Ruutu had.

The main reason why Higgins was demoted/bought out was because of his age. His injuries didn't help his productivity LAST YEAR  but then again we had one of our worst seasons in a long time.

I'm not saying I'd bring back Higgins, but I don't get the reasoning of removing an "aging player" with pretty good productivity over the years but to then bring back a similar player with the same age, but hasn't been good for the past 5-6 seasons. Again it's just a PTO i know, but still quite confused at the Ruutu part. Sheppard I can understand, probably Utica depth.

Can't believe I have to summarize my point to you, should have gotten it from my last post

Your point is that you don't understand this move.  The end.  You don't need to summarize, particularly because the poster was responding for your edification.

Yes, you are confused.  Are you interested in clearing that up, or are you gonna wave your lack of understanding like a banner?

On 2016-09-13 at 4:58 PM, HK Phooey said:

Schaefer doesn't rhyme with hero.  Or does it, since he was placed on unrecallable waivers for the purposes of buying out 20 games into the season?

Well played. I forgot that pesky dude and no Schaefer definitely did not ryhme with Hero. (my point was it's been pretty bloody scarce).

I remember when we brought Bellows in; he had a decent exhibition season, popped some goals and we still cut him. Then the Owen Nolan Experiment. Sure he was old and couldn't skate much anymore. Still would have liked to see him playing wing with the Twinsies.

19 hours ago, TheCammer said:

Well played. I forgot that pesky dude and no Schaefer definitely did not ryhme with Hero. (my point was it's been pretty bloody scarce).

I remember when we brought Bellows in; he had a decent exhibition season, popped some goals and we still cut him. Then the Owen Nolan Experiment. Sure he was old and couldn't skate much anymore. Still would have liked to see him playing wing with the Twinsies.

Could not agree with you more, cammer.  It is so rare that a PTO turns into a legit contributor (Brendan Morrison should have been given a deal, but at the very least, he showed well enough in the Canucks camp to land a decent 1 schmill deal with the Flames).  

And ya...I thought Owen Nolan could have been given a longer look (at least 20 games).  The image of Nolan calling his shot on Hasek is, IMHO, one of the best All-Star game shenanigans, only trumped by John Scott's big All-Star adventure (which made me a John Scott fan for a day).

On 9/15/2016 at 9:12 AM, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Your point is that you don't understand this move.  The end.  You don't need to summarize, particularly because the poster was responding for your edification.

Yes, you are confused.  Are you interested in clearing that up, or are you gonna wave your lack of understanding like a banner?

Ouch...it's like you drove buddy over with your truck and because that wasn't enough, you backed over him.  Serious smack down...worthy of +1.

18 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

It's not that post it's the hundred other negative posts that totally reminds of arty57 a goof who pretends to be a Canuck fan just to get under our skin!

Suggestion...if some anonymous person on the internet gets under your skin, put him/her on ignore.  But I'm thinking if anyone on an internet forum annoys you, maybe the problem resides with you.  Not judgin'...just sayin'.

Okay...I'll mind my own business now.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived