(Proposal) 2 trades to turn around the season and teams retool

TO BUF (ASAP trade)

Subban

Gaunce

dorsett (cap reasons)

TO VAN

Kane

7th

Buffalo has been scouting Subban hard lately and it's clear Benning wants Kane. My Guess is Benning wants a straight up trade between the 2 but we will have to add a bit. Subban is an intriguing prospect especially for an eastern team, only reason he's in play is because we have "stellar stecher". I like this trade for both sides, and Benning may pick a gem with that 7th as well.

TO NYR (TDL trade)

Baertschi

Hansen

Edler

3rd

TO VAN

Vesey

(Cap dump)

6th

NYR are in win now mode and even though Vesey should be untradable,  the return would really increase their odds and possibly make them favourites to win. The AV connection and how well they both (Edler and Hansen) played under him here will intrigue the Ranger GM, plus Baertschi is a Vesey replacement so on paper I this the Rangers come out way ahead (in the short term). Retain salary or w.e we would have to do to make this work. Get us a future #1LW for Bo and Brock and get AV his cup. Win-win.

THIS YEAR...

SEDIN SEDIN RODIN

KANE SUTTER ERIKSSON

VESEY HORVAT CHAPUT

BURROWS GRANLUND XXXXX

HUTTON TANEV

TRYAMKIN GUDBRANSON

SBISA STECHER

FUTURE (2020)...

VESEY HORVAT BOESER

KANE SUTTER VIRTANEN

SEDIN SEDIN ERIKSSON

RODIN GRANLUND XXXXX

JUOLEVI GUDBRANSON

TRYAMKIN STECHER

HUTTON TANEV

MARKY

DEMKO

POSSIBLY PATRICK ^^

2 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

No he's not lol. I think he's great and all but I don't see him as a #1LW in the future. Vesey I do.

Just because you think he's great doesn't mean he is. Kane has questionable character, puts himself ahead of the team. He also doesn't make players better around him.

He's got skill, and goal scoring ability. Much like Kessel you can't rely on him to put you over the top. He's a talented complimentary piece. We need a centre with 1st line centre abilities. The Leafs tried getting a talented winger and gave up the farm. All it did is waste 3-4 years where they could have had better pieces in the draft. 

No thanks to either of your trades. 

Kane looked like a great player coming in, I would have loved to have him on our team.

But after hearing about his antics off the ice, I am real happy we did not trade for him, or try to sign him.

He s just not a team player, and will only cause a problem coming here, as he has done on his previous teams.

This trade does not turn the team around.

Besides, we are trading Hansen, Edler, and Baertschi, like 3 legitimate NHL roster players for one??? Can't you see that although Edler is not the do it all elite defender, he is a very good value player at 5 million dollars? Without him, we have been worse the last few games. Even Stecher doesn't look as good as when he was playing with Edler (although he is still good).

Hansen is utility player that can play on all 3 lines, brings a lot of speed, forchecking, and hard work.

Baertschi is just finding his game and possesses a lot of skill, which developed, gives us a legitimate top 6 winger.

We get one top 6 winger for all these assets? No way.

Maybe the trade for Kane if they are happy with Gaunce + Subban + Dorsett. But where did you hear that Buffalo is scouting Subban?

Today, I can see two teams that might make a deal very soon.

One is Florida, obviously the owner and new management are all for making a push this year.

The other might be Edmonton, improving their defence more is necessary and they are very close to being taken very seriously, they have many young scorers so one might be made available.

Of course if the Nucks start to make noise at the trade table then there might be other teams trying to get into the game.

Archived