The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gudbranson out indefinitely after wrist surgery

numb3r 16

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Columbus is a big team anyways but I noticed they were coming harder yesterday. Stecher and Tanev were being bounced regularly. Stecher took a pretty hard hit into the boards and as per usual his team mates just stood there. Boon Jenner could barely conceal his grin. Fans were upset with Gudbranson because he did not fight more. What was being missed was his overall physical game. Finishing checks and challenging forwards with body position. Edler does the same sort of thing. The only size left is Sbisa and Tryamkin. Tryamkin is still figuring things out and expectations cannot be force don this kid to quickly.  

If the long term plan is a serious CUP contender then the size and physicality of the d-core is critical. As always there are regular season games and playoff games. Traditionally, IMHO, the Canucks have been built for regular season efforts. CUP play is heavier and way more physical with a higher skill level. Canucks are a long way away from that.  

I thought it was the puck that hit him(Stetcher) up high that caused it to look bad, the hit was nothing special. Or am I thinking of a different play?

5 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

I thought it was the puck that hit him(Stetcher) up high that caused it to look bad, the hit was nothing special. Or am I thinking of a different play?

The puck hit Stecher, but only because he was shoved from behind into the boards and into the path of the puck. Could have, maybe should have been a penalty as Stecher did not touch the puck till it hit him in the face.

6 minutes ago, Kokanee king said:

Gudbranson is a warrior and he is exactly what the canuck's have needed for years. yet look at all the dumb asses putting him down, just ignorance! 

Much like the Sutter trade; one can have problems with the trade but not so much the player acquired himself.

10 hours ago, smokes said:

If it's true that Gudbranson has been dealing with this for a while, does that mean we actually haven't seen Guddy at his best?

If you saw Quads in the playoffs last year you would've seen him at his best - so no,  we haven't seen him at that level in a Canucks uniform yet.   

Archived