The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markus Granlund to undergo wrist surgery

b3.

8 minutes ago, darkpoet said:
 6 game losing steak.

11 games left.

Who wants to bet the game against Arizona April 6 goes into overtime tied 0-0 ?  :lol:

27Vancouver           71 GP                   65 PTS                                
28New Jersey         71 GP                   64 PTS                                
29Arizona                71 GP                   61 PTS                                
30Colorado              71 GP                  43 PTS                                

There is a real shot at #2!  Insert Vegas into #3 slot.

I'll eat my helping of crow now.  He's really stepped up this year.  Good call to shut him down and make sure he's healthy for next season.  The last thing we want is someone slashing him and making it worse.  Picking up fewer wins and opening a spot for Goldy is a bonus.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

He's playing meaningful games in Utica and making an impact.  Why pull him out of that situation for meaningless games for Vancouver.

I guess part of me wants to see Jake come up and prove everyone wrong. But that won't happen with WD. 

It is Amazing how many injuries this team has suffered since the start of last year.  Might wanna start looking into whether our conditioning coach and health professionals are helping in this situation.  Totally circumstancial, but with this amount of injuries, every aspect has to be taken into consideration and see whether certain departments need to be upgraded.

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

In all seriousness, this needs to be the time where Boucher gets his chance. And when he is back Goldobin needs a big role.

Eriksson is not travelling otherwise he would likely be the one on that line.  Goldy will at least miss two games so it's Boucher's opportunity for now.  Listening to WD the concern seems to be his defensive game as they play a lot against the other teams top scoring lines.

He's was practicing on the PP unit with Horvat and Baer too - and Stecher-Hutton. 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Eriksson is not travelling otherwise he would likely be the one on that line.  Goldy will at least miss two games so it's Boucher's opportunity for now.  Listening to WD the concern seems to be his defensive game as they play a lot against the other teams top scoring lines.

He's was practicing on the PP unit with Horvat and Baer too - and Stecher-Hutton. 

Considering how bad the Sedins are defensively against other teams top lines I think having Bo and Baer with him would help mask any defensive issues much better than one player with both Sedins does.

I don't think Boucher has been terrible defensively so far though. He's not winning a Selke but has been fine. Definitely good enough to take a chance on his offensive ability imo. 

15 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

It is Amazing how many injuries this team has suffered since the start of last year.  Might wanna start looking into whether our conditioning coach and health professionals are helping in this situation.  Totally circumstancial, but with this amount of injuries, every aspect has to be taken into consideration and see whether certain departments need to be upgraded.

Or our defensive game structure. I wondering if they will change the look and structure next year or carry one until the Sedins retire end of 2018

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:
1130 tweet:
More

Been told they don't know how long the rehab is for Granlund and that this injury has been bothering him for several years. #Canucks

wow- I wonder if this injury was bugging him in Calgary? 

Wonder why they didn't deal with it in Calgary.  Perhaps he wasn't valueable enough to them to warrant the surgery?

Or could their team docs be incompetent?

Archived