The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] OHL suspends Mississauga Steelheads D Nicolas Hague indefinitely

Now I really wish we had taken Tkachuk in last years draft. Tkachuk in the last draft and then take Hague this year for our d man. 6'5 215 pounds with 107 PIM and 46 pts in 65 games?????? Sign me up. That's like a Chris Pronger in the making. Some of you might whine and say we don't want those antics on our team but look around the league, Shea Weber (the wwe head slam on Z berg) Chara, Big Buff, Keith, Doughty, each one of those guys are nasty SOB's and look what they do for their teams success. We've got Edler and Tanev for our top d and they wouldn't hurt a fly. 

IMG_2574.PNG

20 minutes ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Now I really wish we had taken Tkachuk in last years draft. Tkachuk in the last draft and then take Hague this year for our d man. 6'5 215 pounds with 107 PIM and 46 pts in 65 games?????? Sign me up. That's like a Chris Pronger in the making. Some of you might whine and say we don't want those antics on our team but look around the league, Shea Weber (the wwe head slam on Z berg) Chara, Big Buff, Keith, Doughty, each one of those guys are nasty SOB's and look what they do for their teams success. We've got Edler and Tanev for our top d and they wouldn't hurt a fly. 

IMG_2574.PNG

I agree I think he could help our team in the future if he can control his temper. No one wants another Bert accident and the league needs players that play smart.

40 minutes ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Now I really wish we had taken Tkachuk in last years draft. Tkachuk in the last draft and then take Hague this year for our d man. 6'5 215 pounds with 107 PIM and 46 pts in 65 games?????? Sign me up.

Imho, what Hague did was not only dangerous but cowardly. His opponent was in a completely defenceless position, for crying out loud. If you don't get it, let me try to help: imagine that that was Henrik Sedin's head being banged on the ice. If that doesn't work for you and you'd still want Hague on your team, imagine that's your head being banged on the ice - would you still want that guy on your team? I'd get my head checked if I were you. Having a teammate who does lean but injury-inducing hits, who clears the crease by doing a bit of cross checks, who drops gloves to change the momentum of the game is one thing, but this is not the same.

59 minutes ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

IMG_2574.PNG

also euro julovei

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

IMG_2574.PNG

Love to have this guy on our team.  Do we know where he's projected to go?  

22 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Imho, what Hague did was not only dangerous but cowardly. His opponent was in a completely defenceless position, for crying out loud. If you don't get it, let me try to help: imagine that that was Henrik Sedin's head being banged on the ice. If that doesn't work for you and you'd still want Hague on your team, imagine that's your head being banged on the ice - would you still want that guy on your team? I'd get my head checked if I were you. Having a teammate who does lean but injury-inducing hits, who clears the crease by doing a bit of cross checks, who drops gloves to change the momentum of the game is one thing, but this is not the same.

It's the first incident AFAIK. If it becomes a pattern, then IMO that's cause for worry.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love to have this guy on our team.  Do we know where he's projected to go?  

Was supposed to be a mid-to-late 1st.

42 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I never said I condone shove a guys head into the ice but I do want that nasty edge on my team. Ask yourself, would you want him on your team or in a division rivals team tho? Try and imagine a world where shoving a guys head into the ice would be accepted in the Canucks dressing room. No that's not cool, but we are in desperate need of a play that has that kind of edge. We haven't had that since guys like Torres, Rick Rypien, Jovo Cop who were considered nasty or dangerous on the ice and guys thought twice about anything they did 

What goes around comes around.  You can be sure players will take notice to that, and definitely won't let up on him when they fight him.

Just like when Mantha shoved a Tampa players head to the ground and gave him two shots despite being on the ice, next game Detroit and Tampa played, Luke Witkowski did exact same thing to Mantha.

Hague will receive the same treatment next.

I bet Marchand would cut his garbage out with this guy on the ice.  I never had any issue with what Bert did as Scumbag Steve clearly deserved what happened to him.  As long as he doesn't go after guys who play the game in a respectable manner, I'd love this kid on our team.  Who wouldn't love to see Keith carried off the ice on a stretcher?

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

What goes around comes around.  

Yup, for sure. 

We have no idea what Barron may or may not have done in the past to deserve this. I can't say because I'm not sure, but this could have been payback.

This incident looked pretty bizarre. One referee was standing there talking to a player while this was happening and the linesmen were no where to be seen, I'm guessing there was something else happening.None the less I see some negligence with the referee in that the time for talking is when the dust has settled, not while it is still flying.

It is somewhat understandable that a 17/18 year old gets extremely competitive and still hasn't learned how to control that. I don't like the action I think some of the fingers should be pointed at the adults that are there as well to control the situations, i.e. the officiating crew and the coaches but a suspension is still warranted to send a message........All this coming from the OHL's scholastic player of the year.

Unfortunately (or fortunately if he's on your team), these types of players win Stanley Cups.  Why?  Because they're nasty pieces of business that cause serious issues for the other team... ESPECIALLY when they're 6'5" defencemen capable of putting up points too.  The other team spends too much time focusing on the player, and forgets to play 'their' game.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit that Hague will lift the Cup one day. 

Face it, Stanley Cup playoffs are a different animal altogether.  The refs can't call everything, and as the playoffs roll on, they put their whistles away anyways.  Personally, I wished that Tryamkin had a bit more of a mean streak in him.  Hopefully as he gets older, he gets grumpier lol.

Here's hoping we land another 2nd round pick somewhere and grab this guy to go side by side with Tryamkin or Guddy.

Edit:  This is also why I hope Guddy doesn't go anywhere.  We need more defencemen like him.

Archived