The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jack Eichel won't re-sign with Sabres if Dan Bylsma remains head coach

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If I were Buffalo I wouldn't want a kid like that with issues, if it's true of course. Bylsma probably has to go anyway, but if this is true I'd go hard for Eichel.

4th overall pick + Virtanen + Granlund for Eichel

That's going hard for Eichel lmao!!! Would you take that crap for your franchise center man??? Honestly that proposal is pretty bad 

23 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

How about Mathews. Who would you take first?

All moot now, but I'd have Eichel ahead of Matthews. Buffalo have not had the supporting cast that the Leaves have had this year. In the last 10 drafts (2008-2017), my top 10 are:

1. McJesus
  2. Eichel
  3. Matthews
  4. Tavares
  5. Karlsson
  6. Stamkos
  7. Doughty
  8. Monahan
  9. Ekblad
  10. Hodgson ;)

If you do some looking it won't take long to see Eichels response to this saying that it is completely false and that he has no plans to leave Buffalo no matter who is coaching.  Good example of media taking a spin on something said totally out of context and adding some B.S. for good measure.  Read his reply to these comments yesterday and unless he's a liar no story here....

That said it would take Horvat with a package to get Eichel...

On 4/19/2017 at 0:41 PM, morrissex95 said:

We're not trading Horvat.

Anyone else and I'd do it. 

Add Boeser to that and I agree. Anyone else I would trade in a heartbeat. Eichel is special, but Boeser and Horvat are too and I've got a "punches through his ceiling" vibe from Boeser.

5 hours ago, Mattrek said:

Add Boeser to that and I agree. Anyone else I would trade in a heartbeat. Eichel is special, but Boeser and Horvat are too and I've got a "punches through his ceiling" vibe from Boeser.

Yup same. Aside from Bo and Brock, I would trade anyone on this roster. Eichel showed he can score in this league and would honestly speed up our rebuild, 

On 19/04/2017 at 8:55 AM, Jaku said:

Well then... I guess the Sabres have a big decision on their hands here. I heard there was turmoil between the players and Bylsma, but I don't think anyone outside the organization thought it was this bad. I can't see the Sabres keeping Byslma, no way the Sabres are going to let a player like Eichel just walk away. 

Edit: Unless something changes between now and then

Pretty easy decision actually. 

12 hours ago, crazycry said:

Yup same. Aside from Bo and Brock, I would trade anyone on this roster. Eichel showed he can score in this league and would honestly speed up our rebuild, 

There is nobody I wouldnt trade for eichel. He is a generational talent.

18 hours ago, Mattrek said:

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Agreed - I mean, is there anyone who would veto Horvat for McDavid?

Don't get me wrong, I love Bo, but no one should ever be "untradeable".

12 hours ago, cuporbust said:

For that reason he's not going to get traded. The GM and the coach already were fired thanks to that guy. And he doesn't like Reinhart?

We like him. Who would you trade for Reinhart? 2nd overall ('14), 21 yrs old.

On 2017-04-20 at 2:49 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

If I were Buffalo I wouldn't want a kid like that with issues, if it's true of course. Bylsma probably has to go anyway, but if this is true I'd go hard for Eichel.

4th overall pick + Virtanen + Granlund for Eichel

Lol keep dreaming. 

On 4/20/2017 at 7:46 AM, mpt said:

What is Eichel going to do stop playing hockey?  If he signs with another team as an RFA, they'll just match.  Reports are he didn't say any of those things; I believe it because it makes no sense as he has no power in the relationship until he's a UFA

Would Buffalo match a 7 year w/ $13 Million cap hit contract? 

5 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Would Buffalo match a 7 year w/ $13 Million cap hit contract? 

They have owners with loaded pockets and plenty of cap space.  On the other hand 4 first round picks isn't losing him for nothing.  Players really have no power until the threat of UFA or going to the KHL.

On 21/04/2017 at 11:12 PM, Me_ said:

For that reason he's not going to get traded. The GM and the coach already were fired thanks to that guy. And he doesn't like Reinhart?

We like him. Who would you trade for Reinhart? 2nd overall ('14), 21 yrs old.

Tanev + our 1st this year for Reinhart? I know that's a lot...maybe we'd be better off keeping our 1st and trading Tanev in a separate deal? But I don't think we have any other pieces to make a deal for Reinhart. Just for fun though...how about Tanev, Baertschi, Gaudette and a 3rd?

Archived