The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

"Haha! Look at this guy! He can't read the future! What a dumbo!"

It’s moreso the people who were so confident that Petey wouldn’t work out. 

7 hours ago, Stamkos said:

I like looking at this post and realizing that the “project” is the only player in the NHL of the three. Also Calder :bigblush:

Draft hype created by media to boost fans’ Interest, and their ratings.  That’s where the silly comparisons come from.  We all fall for it though, except me.  I can see the future! 

FA5BF253-08D2-4313-BA2D-0DC636DD691F.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

It’s moreso the people who were so confident that Petey wouldn’t work out. 

Of which the person you quoted wasn't. He just said that he figured Petey would be more of a long term project because there was every indication that he would be. 

#NHLTopPlayers: Top 20 Centers

NHL Network reveals best of current crop

by David Satriano @davidsatriano / NHL.com Staff Writer

4:00 PM

20. Elias Pettersson, Vancouver Canucks

Voted the winner of the Calder Trophy as NHL rookie of the year for 2018-19, Pettersson led NHL rookies in goals (28) assists (38), points (66) and power-play goals (10) and points (22). He had a shooting percentage of 19.4 percent. The 20-year-old had two five-point games, becoming the sixth rookie to do that in one season since 1967-68.

pretty good for a rookie!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Actually im kinda worried of how Peteys sophmore year will affect him. He is brilliant and got a special vision putting him on a higher level then the elite standard. That amazing shot and the way he moves on the ice and constantly makes new things happen. All that is based on confidence for a young player and that sophmore year can be a real killer for that. Like any player hes gonna need to work through it and im hoping his experience from last year as well as finding a third link next to boeser will get through it and that he will thrive as he did first half of last season.  Also makes me wondering a lot about what type of pre-season training he has been doing. Anyone got any info on that what so ever? he needs to get stronger and tougher and still maintain the way his skating and mobility allows him to move the way he does....tricky stuff and not that much time for it. Also a mental recovery with family and friends.....

5 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Actually im kinda worried of how Peteys sophmore year will affect him. He is brilliant and got a special vision putting him on a higher level then the elite standard. That amazing shot and the way he moves on the ice and constantly makes new things happen. All that is based on confidence for a young player and that sophmore year can be a real killer for that. Like any player hes gonna need to work through it and im hoping his experience from last year as well as finding a third link next to boeser will get through it and that he will thrive as he did first half of last season.  Also makes me wondering a lot about what type of pre-season training he has been doing. Anyone got any info on that what so ever? he needs to get stronger and tougher and still maintain the way his skating and mobility allows him to move the way he does....tricky stuff and not that much time for it. Also a mental recovery with family and friends.....

I do get a bit concerned that his goal drought at the end of last year wasn't too much of an anomaly, but I have faith that whether it be by goals or assists (likely to Boeser), he'll still put up a lot of points next year. From some images we've seen this summer, his arms look notably bigger, so I think he is bulking up a bit.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

He actually went on ice for the first practice today with Timrå 

https://www.st.nu/artikel/nhl-stjarnan-pa-plats-framhaller-timra-ik-s-traningsvilja-fortsatter-det-se-ut-som-i-dag-tror-jag-det-blir-bra

32 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Actually im kinda worried of how Peteys sophmore year will affect him.

I believe Pettersson was just tired down the stretch, having played so much high level hockey every other night, travel, and opponents being more aware of him and not allowing him any time and space. He did say at the end of the season that he would work in the off season on fixing that and improving. I won't be surprised if he struggles at times, but then he'll also have two very good wingers to work with. Pettersson might also come to camp stronger.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ForzaTikare said:

Doesnt his father still have the key to the rink? if so im guessing hes already been on ice a couple fo times on his own or wtih his bro. 

8 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

Doesnt his father still have the key to the rink? if so im guessing hes already been on ice a couple fo times on his own or wtih his bro. 

He skated without gear once only, this was the first real practice with gear and not just randomly skating with no gear or nothing

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Cheers 1