The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

15 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I see Lind getting the Mac treatment. First call up, sticks around when injuries hit and gets used to coaches and players, groomed to be a regular the following year. He has top 9 potential and a lot more than Bailey.

Rather have someone that is already established than someone who isn't. He's gonna have to change his game and we would be a much better team if we acquired someone who does bring in an intimidating physical presence consistently than hope than someone who hasn't does.

Martin, Reaves, there are a number of FAs i'd rather have and that would be better and for a team that lacks that sort of pushback and play we need those type of players.

We want to be a playoff team right? so lets do it the right way. We need legit grit and Bailey isn't that.

That's where I am getting at.

Fair enough...but again I didn't say he was a tough guy...he deserves a shot due to his size, speed and scoring ability...we can look elsewhere for a Ferland replacement.

Lind could get some time next year but i think one more year will get him to where he needs to be.

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Fair enough...but again I didn't say he was a tough guy...he deserves a shot due to his size, speed and scoring ability...we can look elsewhere for a Ferland replacement.

Lind could get some time next year but i think one more year will get him to where he needs to be.

If we were like 15 points ahead in the pacific sure i'd want guys like Bailey/Rafferty/etc to get looks.

At that point it couldn't hurt to get some guys rest and see what we got.

We're in the thick of things though so it's a lot tougher.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I remember how excited Benning was when Lind was still available at the draft. At that time, it seemed to me Lind was a really great pick and would join the team soon. But Lind was drafted almost 3 years ago and still hasn't had any NHL time. Is he close to making this team?  Or is he the offensive equivalent to Juolevi?

He's probably going to be a the "call up" guy just like McEwen was for us this year. From what Benning said (during the Toffoli trade) it seems like you can pencil in Big Mac as a regular next year in the 4th line or spare forward. He's very close but I think 21-22 season he should be a mainstay in the lineup

On 2/21/2020 at 4:24 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

bullcrap

Hardly compared to Mac, Fer or even Motte who's half his size.

No room for guys who're big, fast, don't use the body and are only AHL scorers turning 25. No need for anyone who doesn't bring a physical presence in the bottom 6. We've got guys ahead of him that are much younger.

We don't need half assers in the bottom 6. Get me someone legitimately gritty, not an AHLer.

We're trying to build a playoff team. We can't mess around.

BS back on ya.  There is more to toughness than Just punching peoples’ lights out. Bailey goes to the net to get his goals, and he does this often by challenging defenders in open ice or driving past them on the wall. He takes a lot of crap to get to the net. Another kind of grit is when you earn a shot in the show, you get a few shifts and acquit yourself well, get sent back down and don’t skip a beat - 2g 1a in his first game back in Utica.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

BS back on ya.  There is more to toughness than Just punching peoples’ lights out. Bailey goes to the net to get his goals, and he does this often by challenging defenders in open ice or driving past them on the wall. He takes a lot of crap to get to the net. Another kind of grit is when you earn a shot in the show, you get a few shifts and acquit yourself well, get sent back down and don’t skip a beat - 2g 1a in his first game back in Utica.

It's not just about punching people's lights out, it's more than that. It's about having push back, it's a type of player we severely lack. I made an entire thread about that or the lack thereof. The grit, or in all actuality "toughness" you're talking about we already have in guys like Bo, Pearson, Motte, Miller, Toffoli . I am talking about REAL grit. Player who love to lay out the body. AKA Ferland-type players. How many of those do we have? 1 who's on LTIR and perhaps a future one who's sitting in Mac.

I don't see Bailey bringing that, especially as much as other people we can acquire who'd be a better fit. If Petey gets hit we have to have someone who stands up for them. If the games start to get more chippy and physical we have to be able to match that. We have a lack of players that do either. We shouldn't have to rely on an AHL scorer to do that. Why do you think we are heavily rumored to be after Simmonds?? Not that I personally want to spend more on a rental but the rumors definitely support my opinion.

Fact of the matter is there are better guys better suited for the roles we need than Bailey and we need to acquire those types of players.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

I would rather have Bailey in for Erikkson..

While Louie played a decent game yesterday he still caused a penalty by not getting the puck out, he had plenty of time to send Miller in on a breakaway on another play and instead sent an area pass way to far ahead of Miller...it would have been a clear break,

MacEwen and/or Bailey should be in for Luoie on a full time basis and the other should come in for Roussel every 2nd or 3rd game to give him a bit of a break without downgrading the team....at all.... 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I haven't watched any Comets games this year - is Lind "Goldobin good" or do you think he has a chance to make the Canucks next season? 

I don't think there's any doubt that's he's one of the "7" JB was talking about.  I think he's a far more complete player than Goldy, but not sure we see him in Van next season.

• Cheers 2

Really hoping that Kole Lind can be the reincarnation of Alex Burrows.  That type of mouthy, agitating, hard-to-play against player with offensive touch and defensive awareness is something the Canucks can use more of.  A fourth line of Roussel/Motte -- Beagle -- Lind would be a boon for the Canucks.  I like having a team that everyone loves to hate...that "Us against the World" mentality galvanizes the team.

1 hour ago, bullishfor2012 said:

Really hoping that Kole Lind can be the reincarnation of Alex Burrows.  That type of mouthy, agitating, hard-to-play against player with offensive touch and defensive awareness is something the Canucks can use more of.  A fourth line of Roussel/Motte -- Beagle -- Lind would be a boon for the Canucks.  I like having a team that everyone loves to hate...that "Us against the World" mentality galvanizes the team.

I'm hoping his scoring touch translates enough for an eventual 3rd line role alongside an also miserable to play against, Gaudette.

They could be one hell of a future PITA pair to play against.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm hoping his scoring touch translates enough for an eventual 3rd line role alongside an also miserable to play against, Gaudette.

They could be one hell of a future PITA pair to play against.

Completely agree...  but if we have toffoli and Boeser still...  that spot will be for podkolzin at that stage imo. 

Lind on the 4th with Beagle and Motte will suit him well too. 

Edited by 70seven

15 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Completely agree...  but if we have toffoli and Boeser still...  that spot will be for podkolzin at that stage imo. 

Lind on the 4th with Beagle and Motte will suit him well too. 

Wingers are relatively fluid for sides but I'm talking longer term here. He's still likely a year off from making the roster and another year or two to ease in and up the lineup to pair with Gaudette

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I haven't watched any Comets games this year - is Lind "Goldobin good" or do you think he has a chance to make the Canucks next season? 

He's noticeable in a good way whenever he's on the ice. His offensive game is impressive, particularly his passing. Has a bit of Burrows in him in that he is a able to get underneath the opponents' skin.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

He's noticeable in a good way whenever he's on the ice. His offensive game is impressive, particularly his passing. Has a bit of Burrows in him in that he is a able to get underneath the opponents' skin.

sounds like he'll fit right in with Green. It should be pretty exciting two seasons from now when he and Podkolzin are looking for spots on the team. 

• Like 1