The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Ryan Miller could possibly sign with Anaheim

-AJ-

2 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because they've dominated us for so long? I also hate their horrible goal horn haha. The TV quality in Anaheim kind of sucks too...there's just nothing good about playing Anaheim!

I'll always like Bieksa though.

Yea, trust me, I full on hated them until Juice got traded there. That guy was the definition of a Canuck though and I can't help but supporting him wherever he goes.

Just now, smithers joe said:

maybe if florida pays part of his salary, we could pick up luongo. we could have 2 lou's and 2 bo bo's. 

I'd be ok with that. I'm in favour of getting Lu back because it's the 1st step in circumventing this cap recapture penalty. Lu doesn't want anything to do with us though. He's happy in Florida. Can you blame him?

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

i think it means that he would be close to his wife and family. what is best for the family is more important that careers to some players. 

To be fair, it's probabaly his last season or 2 in the NHL. 

If I were in his position, I wouldn't want to sign with a terrible team to play out the last of my career - especially when I could be near my wife and play on a team that has a chance of going for a long run. 

Don't blame the guy at all.

Just now, Kaner said:

To be fair, it's probabaly his last season or 2 in the NHL. 

If I were in his position, I wouldn't want to sign with a terrible team to play out the last of my career - especially when I could be near my wife and play on a team that has a chance of going for a long run. 

Don't blame the guy at all.

i was joking. we need a 1 or 2 million dollar back up. 

Anahiem should've made a trade last season at the deadline to acquire him. Could've made a difference having a veteran step in when they needed it. Dallas should've made the trade for Hamhuis last season and now signing him the year after is too late. Anahiem could go through a similar fate, but they have a stronger team to work with.

33 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Is TD ready to start in Utica? Hopefully. 

He more or less took the reigns for a period last year when Bachman was injured and handled it pretty well. I'd say he's ready to start in Utica.

22 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He more or less took the reigns for a period last year when Bachman was injured and handled it pretty well. I'd say he's ready to start in Utica.

Demko actually did better when Bachman was injured/called up. The end of the season really salvaged Demko's year as the beginning was terrible for him. 

Lets not beat around the bush, Markstrom and Bachman as our goalies for 82 games will land us dead last in the West. This defence is thin enough as it is, now you throw two kids in there who have never really handled a full work load. 

Markstrom is average to slightly above average at best.

Good, lets see what we have in Markstrom. It'll be the first time ever he's going into the season as a starter. GIVE HIM A SHOT!

My hang up is that he may try too hard and is a little too exuberant. I really want to see what he can bring and Bachman as #2 is fine with me.

Don't be writing off Markstrom :)

52 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Lets not beat around the bush, Markstrom and Bachman as our goalies for 82 games will land us dead last in the West. This defence is thin enough as it is, now you throw two kids in there who have never really handled a full work load. 

Markstrom is average to slightly above average at best.

Bachman is a kid? He's 29. :mellow:

51 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Good, lets see what we have in Markstrom. It'll be the first time ever he's going into the season as a starter. GIVE HIM A SHOT!

My hang up is that he may try too hard and is a little too exuberant. I really want to see what he can bring and Bachman as #2 is fine with me.

Don't be writing off Markstrom :)

I'd rather have an experienced veteran backup just for when things go horribly wrong in the season. Miller bailed out that team so many times last season. Sure Markstrom will look good at times, but over a 50-60 game slog he'll struggle and need somewhere or someone to turn to.

No brainer to me.

chance of a cup - yup

closer to family (wife and kids) - yup

less travelling outside of hockey - yup

struggling young starter - yup

he would help stabilize Gibson - help mentor him and also be a rock when hey need him. 

Really think it it is a no brainer, compared to another year of getting oddman rush after odd man rush with no hopes of a Stanley cup 

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

No brainer to me.

chance of a cup - yup

closer to family (wife and kids) - yup

less travelling outside of hockey - yup

struggling young starter - yup

he would help stabilize Gibson - help mentor him and also be a rock when hey need him. 

Really think it it is a no brainer, compared to another year of getting oddman rush after odd man rush with no hopes of a Stanley cup 

Better weather....yep

Cheaper real estate....yep

Better tax rate....check mate

Makes sense, if he wants to be close to LA and has been told that he'll be a back up here, he might as well be a back up with a contender closer to where he wants to be then here in Vancouver.  If however he was promised to be the starter again, I bet Vancouver would be his choice.

Hope he goes to anaheim.

1. Closer to his wife

2. Experienced goalie for depth and experience behind gibson

3. No shadow hovering over markstrom if he has a bad game or 3 in a row

We are rebuilding we do not need miller, sign a decent back up sure but cheap and short term.

Best of luck miller do the right thing sign somewhere to help a team make a push for a cup run!

Archived