The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Tanev + Hutton for Sergachev (plus more)

3 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Why not just have one coherent thread where you logically set our your reasons for why you don't think Dahlin is necessary (or why he is) and then explain a coherent proposal trading Tanev and Hutton for Sergachev + under the assumption we can land Dahlin. 

That's why you've been getting flack from me and others lately. As @Fanuck said, you're just churning out mindless threads with no real substance to them lately. Why not spend a bit more time developing your argument before posting?

Fair enough, I do kind of rush it a bit usually something pops into my head and if a thread doesn't exist I make 1.. try to be creative most times but i am guilty of not well though out threads ill give you that.. It's a forum where everyone has opinions and there just seems to be a lot of things I'd like other opinions on.

I 100% get where your coming from but does it really bother you that much? Seriously? I mean the mods don't seem to mind at all, I never had no warnings or anything.

Just now, Hortankin said:

I 100% get where your coming from but does it really bother you that much? Seriously? I mean the mods don't seem to mind at all, I never had no warnings or anything.

Whether it bothers me or not is irrelevant, its against the forum rules to keep posting substance-less threads. But yes, it bothers me. I typically browse CDC on breaks at work and its disappointing when I get my hopes up for an interesting thread just to open it and see half a sentence of thought put into it. 

As to why the mods haven't bothered contact you... maybe they just blocked you? :lol:

54 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Next year...

Edler Stecher

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Juolevi Sergachev

Trade Gudbranson for a huge return at the TDL (will be a ton of interest) 

Trade Edler to the Sens for a 1st.

Rest of year...

Del Zotto Stecher

Juolevi Sergachev

Pedan Subban

Win Dahlin

Future... 

Juolevi Dahlin

Sergachev Stecher 

Brisebois Subban/McEneny

So you want to trade Tanev, our best Dman and Hutton our best young PMD for a unproven asset in Serg.....

1. The Russian factor, Serg could bolt to khl.

2. Tampa has no interest moving him as he was just acquired.

3. There is no mention of the MTL conditional 2nd round Tampa would be possibly giving up if this deal actually happened.

4. If we wanted Serg we would of just drafted him instead of Joulevi.

5. Tampa can't take on that much cap with Palat still needing a contract.

6. Tampa would have too many nhl Dmen.

Then you want to trade Edler with a no trade clause and then trade Guddy who in your words is a future top 2 Dman .

Terrible...no thought put into this at all.Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes_zpsb5ae609a.gif.b66a7badc9b528819a9390b3e9b2f287.gif

24 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I'll admit and kind of always do that I make a lot of threads.. but that's just the summer boredom kicking in.. idc about rep points on here tbh I kind of get a kick out of the minuses I get for saying positive things.. but if my threads bother people so much they do have this thing called a brain that can tell them not to click on it.

I get it, it's just a forum and people can choose/not choose to read certain things - but imagine if you and others like you chose to self-edit and only post well thought out,  logical ideas/thoughts instead of just posting anything and everything and following it up with 'if you don't like it don't read it' - imagine how much better an experience this forum could be? 

53 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I go Tanev for Sergachev and I'm called crazy and now I throw Hutton in to sweeten the deal and it's monumentally bad? Haha really? Hutton has top for potential and that's his ceiling IMO.

Sergachev is a huge upgrade over Hutton for our future

Atleast I know I won't be criticized for being a Homer this time hahahahaha you people are just never satisfied, I really get a kick out of it

People who suggest Tanev for Sergachev not being enough are the EXACT same idiots that would suggest giving Tanev up for a prospect drafted this year if they had a shiny WJC tournament.

People put an emphasis on "potential" and would willingly sell the farm for it, but then turn around and throw in all of our prospects after their draft +1 as trade deal additions...

Sergachev is not a huge upgrade over Hutton, he's a potential upgrade over Hutton.  Note 2 seasons ago Hutton was untouchable, his sophomore season and ensuing slump he's "an addition"

You're offering two large parts of our top 4 (ish) for a prospect when we have gaping holes everywhere that either or both would fill far better in seperate trades or smarter trades.

Don't listen to the crowd.  Ever

2 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Next year...

Edler Stecher

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Juolevi Sergachev

Rest of year...

Del Zotto Stecher

Juolevi Sergachev

Pedan Subban

Win Dahlin

Future... 

Juolevi Dahlin

Sergachev Stecher 

Brisebois Subban/McEneny

I thinks it's a decent proposal. Tampa adds a first and I think close value wise. I'm not big on Hutton so depending on how people value him will create some discrepancy in value. I can also see the Russian factor scaring people away. Perhaps with another Russian on the blue line would help bring big T back

3 hours ago, Hortankin said:

I go Tanev for Sergachev and I'm called crazy and now I throw Hutton in to sweeten the deal and it's monumentally bad? Haha really? Hutton has top for potential and that's his ceiling IMO.

Sergachev is a huge upgrade over Hutton for our future

Atleast I know I won't be criticized for being a Homer this time hahahahaha you people are just never satisfied, I really get a kick out of it

I think the problem is there's more to a trade than just the value. We also have to consider how it benefits us. Is that defensive line without Tanev or Hutton actually going to be better? We don't know. We don't know what Sergachev will bring to the table. He could prove to be better than our Tanev. He could prove to be worse, or even roughly the same. We don't know.

Hutton's only had 2 seasons and could easily grow to be a better defender than we know him to be.

So we run the risk of losing 2 good defense (Hutton's only played 2 seasons and could easily grow) for 1 who might only be as good as Tanev. From a value standpoint, sure, this works. From a standpoint on whether it makes sense for our team? I would say it doesn't make sense. We can't just go for trades to get certain players if the risk is too great and it is in my opinion.

Besides, I would say Tampa won't want to do this anyway. It doesn't really make sense for them either as they literally traded Drouin to get him. They would actually be stupid to do this trade after that.

7 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Next year...

Edler Stecher

Del Zotto Gudbranson

Juolevi Sergachev

Rest of year...

Del Zotto Stecher

Juolevi Sergachev

Pedan Subban

Win Dahlin

Future... 

Juolevi Dahlin

Sergachev Stecher 

Brisebois Subban/McEneny

Your proposals are starting to show signs that you are the illegitimate son of janisahockeynut.  Just kidding...it's mid July and now that draft and UFA frenzy is over, crazy trade proposals rules the CDC.

FTR, I am ALL for trading Tanev for high draft picks and a tier one prospect...IMO, Tanev can't be relied on to bring the goods over a full 82 game schedule.  If he could muster up an injury free season, then he's worth keeping, but a guy who gives you 60-66 games per year isn't worth keeping IF he nets you a solid return.

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

Besides, I would say Tampa won't want to do this anyway. It doesn't really make sense for them either as they literally traded Drouin to get him. They would actually be stupid to do this trade after that.

Drouin wasn't expansion exempt and Sergachev was so that may have played into Tampa moving Drouin. They had too many forwards to protect

Also Tampa is looking to compete now and may be willing to move on from a project like Sergachev for immediate help. They lost Garrison in expansion and missed out on Shattenkirk in free agency

If Tampa wanted Tanev they would have acquired him for Drouin (I assume, or at least I hope, Benning offered that). So I doubt they have interest in this.

I like Hutton but I doubt his value is as high league-wide as it is amongst Canucks fans. At this point he's a semi-young #5 with 2nd-pairing potential at best.

Honestly I don't think the value is way off here if Tampa adds that MTL conditional 2nd, which would only make sense given its based on Sergachev's games played for this upcoming season.

I know people are upset because Sergachev is an unproven prospect but he's about as elite as a prospect can get: Sergachev, Chabot and Dahlin are probably the three best young/prospect D-men not in the NHL currently.

17 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Brainstorming 

We have Dahlen already btw.

I don't think I stated anywhere in here that we NEEDED Dahlin did I?  Please correct me if I'm wrong...

BEST PLAYER IN DRAFT NEXT YEAR DRAFT IS THIS YOUNG D MAN, LOOK UP LAST YEAR TEAM SWEDEN WJC

17 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You\re listening to Alf?

Really....

16 hours ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

The deaf being led by the blind 

Alf is feeling no love.  :bigblush:  (and my eyes work well; it's my legs that don't.) 

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It's not theirs to add. Tampa gives Montreal a 2nd if Sergachev plays at least 40 games. Not the other way around. 

Oops, you're right, brain fart lol. In any case, add a 2nd of whatever kind to even up the value :P

8 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Oops, you're right, brain fart lol. In any case, add a 2nd of whatever kind to even up the value :P

Regardless.  I don't see Tampa having any interest in this deal.  Yes there were other factors in play due to the expansion draft. But at the end of the day they moved Drouin fir Sergachev because they believe Sergachev is a very high end prospect that fills a need for them.   The game he plays is radically different from what a Tanev brings to the table. I doubt that Tampa sees them as interchangeable 

10 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Sergachev is an unproven prospect but he's about as elite as a prospect can get: Sergachev, Chabot and Dahlin are probably the three best young/prospect D-men not in the NHL currently.

Juolevi says hi - in ten years, perhaps one of those names will be proven to be better is my projection.   Seems too many see prospects outside their own viewpoint as being better than what they have in their own backyard.   If the DC game didn't wake people up to the special player that OJ is, perhaps multiple seasons in the near future where he is lauded throughout the league will help with that.

Archived