-Vintage Canuck-

[Official] 2017 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Goldobin just needs one more season of doing what he did last season....he should get to a ppg +  this season

If by ppg you mean "posts per game" you are underestimating CDC as he has 68 pages and played but a handful of games.    If you mean "posts per goal" then even more conservative is your estimate.

PS - if you mean points per game and mean that at NHL level you do relatively only 8 players did that last year in NHL ?    

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If by ppg you mean "posts per game" you are underestimating CDC as he has 68 pages and played but a handful of games.    If you mean "posts per goal" then even more conservative is your estimate.

PS - if you mean points per game and mean that at NHL level you do relatively only 8 players did that last year in NHL ?    

Rob....this is what I said....I don't know how people could think it was the NHL....

quote:

Goldobin just needs one more season of doing what he did last season....he should get to a ppg +  this season, given he almost made it to that production last year.

• Upvote 2

Further to Goldobin's PPG pace....I looked it up and he got 41 points in 46 games last year in the AHL.

If he can push that to over a PPG this year ....he can push us in a playoff run.....

12 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Further to Goldobin's PPG pace....I looked it up and he got 41 points in 46 games last year in the AHL.

If he can push that to over a PPG this year ....he can push us in a playoff run.....

Bold words. This isn't what I think it means is it?

2 hours ago, nickels said:

I respect your opinion...

U have yours ...i have mine.

Time will tell I guess...

Thats what posting boards r for...

Not the immature attacks on posters rather than the substance of the post route that some in here choose to take.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Rob....this is what I said....I don't know how people could think it was the NHL....

quote:

Goldobin just needs one more season of doing what he did last season....he should get to a ppg +  this season, given he almost made it to that production last year.

I still like the posts per game for the player...he is leading the league!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoesRooster said:

You obviously have no idea what context is looool.

Actually I do. Going back and reading the full stream of consciousness it makes far more sense. Seeing only those two comments made it appear otherwise.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, nickels said:

I agree with most of what you say here..

1)Maybe DD finds another gear and becomes an impact player the next couple weeks...and everyone lives happily ever after.

However...and these r completely hypothetical...

2)JB goes to DD and says ..."how are u feeling physically"?  "you had a great camp and we loved how hard you've worked to comeback from your neck surgery...but, we really feel that we need to give a couple of the young guys a chance"

DD ..."I really don't feel back to 100%...and don't really want to be put on waivers"..."maybe for now, going on LTIR is best for all"

DD gets his $$ and health, team gets cap space and another player gets a roster spot

3) DD is put on waivers and goes unclaimed (which IMO is very likely)

...I know we're responsible for his cap hit...but

a)have we lost the right to put him on LTIR at a later date ?

b)Is Utica only option ala Chris Higgins ?

c)Can he stay with team and work out in the event of an injury as a "non roster" player ?

d)does he stay on waivers indefinitely...or would become free to sign with anyone at any point ?

e)  must be traded to another team ?

at which point they would assume his cap hit.

Just curious ...don't know all the waiver rules. 

Don't bother responding with insults and "this will never happen" comments..

Malhotra Hossa and Loophole in Toronto have all had stranger things happen.

Who knows maybe a team is looking to spend a little money ( because they are near the floor like ARIs done with I think Datsyuk) and dont mind overpayment for a guy like DD.  If Boeser and Virtanen keep it up Benning needs to make some room, put someone on waivers if a trade can't be made.

57 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Bold words. This isn't what I think it means is it?

It means that if we are in a race for a playoff spot late in the season he could be called up and help push us to a playoff spot....then help push us in the playoffs...he has the hands to score in tight and by then his defence could be passable.

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Mostly agree Rollieo, but I'd have to see a lot more than a PPG stat from Goldy to imagine he's going to have any influence on our roster if in fact we are near the playoffs.  Don't get me wrong - I really hope you are right and his stats translate to the NHL (even partially) but I'm concerned that the AHL/NHL is riddled with guys who put up impressive stats at the AHL level that never translated to the next level.  Completely willing and open to be proven wrong with Goldy however as he's still very young and has a lot of learning/development to yet. 

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

I'm sure Granny or Baer aren't considered steals, either.

don't see any relevance whatsoever to the topic being discussed ???

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, J.R. said:

Daniel Sedin

Left Wing animated-arrow-image-0040.gif

true that lol. I missed him typing left winger :)

18 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe perhaps Boeser will rip them apart and carry on where he left off last game, continuing to impress. But we will see.

Hatty for Boeser - perhaps??? :) or Jake gets 2 and Boeser gets 1 :)

On 9/19/2017 at 4:38 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

Is this consensus

I wont complain if Jake makes it...

I can't speak for everyone, but Jake has been working his nuts off. If he can get 3rd line minutes on the Canucks I think he's definitely earned it. I don't much like the idea of him playing 4th line minutes, but that's kind of splitting hairs and I highly doubt we'd see a regression as he looks like a completely different player from a few years back.

• Upvote 1

Bahahha worst powerplay transitions to a goal! Good play by Virt on that one successful entry, just simple, northbound speed, backs off the defence and allows everyone to set up.

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

59 players remain.

32 minutes ago, Qwags said:

59 players remain.

Thats quite a lot of players remaining 

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Thats quite a lot of players remaining 

They seem to have released all the junior players - Juolevi the exception but he's expected to play abroad this season.

Cull gets to practice with his group ahead of the Utica camp - some will be in the ECHL too.