The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sekeres throws BS shade at Goldy

Bur14Kes17

I dont really see what the problem was.  I was listening to the segment, and it was a valid point that it could be a possibility. 

They are radio hosts that put on a show and sometimes will ask the odd questions or ones many don't think about.  its to provoke thought and discussion. By no means did it sound like it was fact. 

Not sure why everyone is all up in arms, seems more like people are like uber sensitive about stuff these days about news.  Once its out there, everyone takes it so literally.

What's the big frigging deal?? If you were Goldy feeling u got what it takes to be in the NHL but got denied, would you really wait it out in some stinky town (just imagine for him) or make serious dough back home in Russia? It's all about perception...  not every player needs to behave and live the way u ask!

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Then why talk about it? They're just stirring up $&!#. It's the middle of training camp, there are more concrete, factually based things to talk about than making up a doom and gloom worst case scenario for one of the promising young players in the organization.

Why talk about it? It's sports talk radio and they cover the Canucks from a fan's perspective. It may be controversial but it's a reality that we face with today's Russian born players. It's no different than saying we need to sign our RFAs so they don't get offersheeted. In fact, it's way more likely to happen than an RFA signing an offersheet. 

This isn't some corporate vanilla interview with Jim Benning or Trevor Linden where only approved questions get asked. The KHL is a real threat and a topic that is by no means of limits, especially having just lost a key player (Tryamkin). But it's just spit balling. Don't blame Sekeres, blame OP and the rest of the people that didn't even listen to the actual interview, who are tyring to turn it into something it's not. 

Settle down everyone...the Team 1040 was simple asking the question, what would Goldobin prefer if he doesn't make the Canucks: 

A- Playing in Utica and making 70K while paying New York State taxes

or 

B- Playing in his hometown in front of friends and family, likely making four to five times the money tax free, and possibly playing in the Olympics for Russia. 

I'd say B is the more appealing offer for a lot of people. 

Goldobin's attitude at the end of last season was top notch.  No reason not to believe Larionov that he's committed to honouring his contract.  

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a proper look with the Canucks this year - he's the only guy in the organization who truly needs one.  He'll get it as long as he keeps it up.

34 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I dont really see what the problem was.  I was listening to the segment, and it was a valid point that it could be a possibility. 

They are radio hosts that put on a show and sometimes will ask the odd questions or ones many don't think about.  its to provoke thought and discussion. By no means did it sound like it was fact. 

Not sure why everyone is all up in arms, seems more like people are like uber sensitive about stuff these days about news.  Once its out there, everyone takes it so literally.

Thank you! It's like they just see the words '1040' and 'Sekeres' and automatically dive into the $h!+storm head first without reading any further or doing any research themselves. I'll never understand the hate for 1040. I don't care who the hosts are, they're covering the Canucks. That instantly makes them better than everything else on the radio and makes my time stuck in this horrible traffic infinitely better. 

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Every Russian "bolts" for Russia regardless of intent. I see shade being thrown at Tryamkin more than anything. He didn't leave cause of money or anything like that. It was a legit family reason. And honestly at this point Goldy has paid his dues in the AHL. I legitimately don't see any reason for him to go back other than it being easy to do so due to his waiver status. So if he were to leave back to Russia cause the Canucks sent him to the A I would not even be upset at him. I would be upset at management. Goldy should and I hope is on the opening night roster, unless for some reason he is a completely different player (worse) this year than he was at the end of last year. He looked pretty good in my opinion. Few defensive things to shore up nothing major.

This is a thing too.  Tryamkin and Goldobin are very different people.  One is married, one isn't.  One played junior in Canada, the other didn't etc etc  They're apples and oranges.  Albeit Russian apples and Russian oranges.

It is time to gather some pitchforks to the local media concerning the Canucks because I am fed up by them giving the players the idea on this plan without any facts from the players as one of example.   The media doesn't get it and they are not for Canucks but themselves just for ratings or to sell newspaper.   They are trying to cause some drama by making up those stuff.   No wonder that the Canucks is struggling to gain some respect league-wide because of the local media criticizing the Canucks for years and years since 80's, 90's, 2000's and now 10's.  . They don't even give them some room to grow as a franchise from day 1.  

15 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

It is time to gather some pitchforks to the local media concerning the Canucks because I am fed up by them giving the players the idea on this plan without any facts from the players as one of example.   The media doesn't get it and they are not for Canucks but themselves just for ratings or to sell newspaper.   They are trying to cause some drama by making up those stuff.   No wonder that the Canucks is struggling to gain some respect league-wide because of the local media criticizing the Canucks for years and years since 80's, 90's, 2000's and now 10's.  . They don't even give them some room to grow as a franchise from day 1.  

Do you honestly believe that the media 'gave Goldobin the idea' of bolting to the KHL? Don't be so naive, that's what agents are for. Goldobin fully understood what his options were well before Sekeres brought it up on his show today. Talking about those options on a public forum had absolutely zero affect on Goldobin's future. What drama are they supposedly 'making up'? That the KHL is of interest to Russian players and might be a more appealing option than the Utica Comets? You're grasping at straws here. Forget about revisiting the 80s, 90s, etc. Maybe start by revisiting today. Download the radio show, give it a real listen and then come talk to me. 

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Considering the Tryamkin leaving, and other Russian players going home, I think it's fair to question whether Goldobin might go home too.

I agree. It's always a risk with Russians players. Tryamkin wasn't the first and very likely won't be the the last to bolt back to the KHL. It is a fair question to pose. Congrats Alf on being a voice of reason on this one!

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You guys in Vancouver seem to have too many media outlets/reports for one hockey team.   Even Toronto doesn't seem to have it this bad.  How do all of them make it in a relatively small market?   Advertising dollars are only so deep.   Guess these guys must have to fabricate drama to justify their existence (?).

Small market? Vancouver has one of the biggest markets in the league....:huh:

7 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Real news, genuine talk.....not real speculation or genuine bull

I've been enjoying the new Halford and Brough show.  Maybe because it's new.  Taylor is down the toilet for me.  Bro Jake and Pratt is what it is. And S & P is beyond my tolerance.  

They've been great. Have salvaged 1040 for me.

9 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Three seasons ago. With no defensive zone game at all. Done nothing since. But I guess he should be handed a roster spot?

He needs to go down to Utica, learn to play 18 - 20 minutes every night, clean up his defensive game and score 20. That happens and there's no way he's not an injury call-up or doesn't start next season here. But until then, these types of threads try to create drama where none exists.

I mean, it was only 2 years ago, not 3. And last year he scored 19 goals in 49 AHL games (46 games in San Jose, 3 in Utica). He finished the year +6 as well. Almost certainly would have hit 20 goals is he played a full season. 

Look im not saying the guy should automatically start in NHL, but the kids has shown he is easily capable of playing in the AHL. 

12 hours ago, BI3KSALLENT said:

We must have the worst media out of any city it's 95% negative BS

Still better than Spector out in Edmonton and he's a full on taint licking Oil homer. Just being positive doesn't make you better.  That said....Botch is a hack and sadly multiple others are non stop cry babies....

4 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Small market? Vancouver has one of the biggest markets in the league....:huh:

Sorry buddy, you guys are uber small in compare to out east.   New York, Toronto, Chicago etc. swallow you guys up in a small corner.   Vancouver is a great hockey town - would love to have lived/played there but don't kid yourself on  your place relative to eastern markets in terms of media.   I doubt TSN/Sportsnet people barely think about you when they make key scheduling decisions and if the Leafs, Habs, Jays or Raptors are involved, you don't get any consideration.

13 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Sekeres and Price are the only show the team 1040 had that in my opinion were any decent to listen too, but I had a lot more respect for them yesterday then what I do now. Completely out of the dark, Sekeres throws it out over the radio that Goldobin would consider bolting back to the khl if he doesn't make the Canucks. 

Goldy is the type of player fans have been crying out for on this team. Skilled, got some cocky swagger to his game, full of personality, and likes to score goals. How is he treated by our local radio shows? Out of the dark complete bs rumours that moved strong enough today that Goldys agent felt the need to address them. 

Low blow sekeres. The last thing we want is to chase another prized prospect back to the KHL. 

IMG_3044.thumb.JPG.3333aff046a9b8831c21f5d9e961389b.JPGIMG_3043.thumb.JPG.289b5c6eab68b6a639b8a809786cd487.JPGIMG_3042.thumb.JPG.8eda4e443d42043c6ec3a466e2c4a86e.JPGIMG_3041.thumb.JPG.2f82970c9ef5a968a0b2efb18e594f99.JPGIMG_3040.thumb.JPG.10e9ba86e92b837c3fe4ca49b8d21880.JPG

Just trying to created chatter..

hes never shown any interest at all in Russian hockey at any stage of his career.

Archived