The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your unpopular opinion?

Kaner

40 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

I actually enjoy the back-and-forth and don't even consider it as receiving criticism at all. 

That's because it's a post by smokes. He will quote you then fail to address the crux of your argument while rambling on about something else. 

1 hour ago, Fakename70 said:

You don't mind the macho nationalist propaganda? That's what the pregame anthems have become though. And, not just the NFL. The NHL isn't above the militarization of its pregame pageantry, either. 

No because the anthem is tradition. Just because this current generation doesn't like it doesn't mean it's wrong. It's that this generation are too much into twisting tradition to further thier opinions. 

The Sedins are too slow.  They should only get limited ice time from now on and no time at all on the power play.

I don't mind watching Johnny Gaudreau play.

I hate the people on this forum that complain about ticket prices.  I live halfway around the world and will probably never have the privilege of seeing the Canucks live.

The orca is a great team symbol.

The lottery system for drafting is fair and good. 

In twenty years there will be no American hockey players.  They will all be too fat and unfit to skate.

18 hours ago, smokes said:

1) Horvat is overrated

2) Torts wasn't given a fair shake in Vancouver

3) Willie D was fired too late

4) I think the Sedins are more interested in helping the youngins than to win the cup

5) Most Vancouver fans are whiners and complainers

6) The Canucks need an Asian player

7) Linden was overrated

8) The Vancouver media reminds me of the paparazzi

9) Seeing Edm with McDavid, Toronto with Matthews while Vancouver has Horvat...kills me

10) It's great to see the Penguins go the the White House, and the players not kneeling to the flag, sports should stay in the arena of sports. Want to protest, go to a rally but not a sporting event.

I can see him being overrated amongst us fans, but Trevor was underrated league wide, at least in my opinion. When you mention the greatest players with leadership qualities, the first names that come to mind are Sakic, Yzerman, Messier, etc. I think Trevor deserves to be right up there with those players. 

He might not be a HoF caliber type player, but Trevor emphasize what a Canuck is and should be.

46 minutes ago, shiznak said:

I can see him being overrated amongst us fans, but Trevor was underrated league wide, at least in my opinion. When you mention the greatest players with leadership qualities, the first names that come to mind are Sakic, Yzerman, Messier, etc. I think Trevor deserves to be right up there with those players. 

He might not be a HoF caliber type player, but Trevor emphasize what a Canuck is and should be.

eh, that whole post was "look at me, i'm trying to be edgy" while he forgets that we had HOFer richard park

Prior to the politicizing the national anthems of late, I was questioning the validity of the anthems being sung before the games. 

The days of politicians and strategists creating crops of human capital to advance their slippery agendas with is mostly over. Patriotism is far less of an indoctrination of the masses as it once was. Folks are smarter than that these days. Well, I thought they were anyways. 

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

and Mario is the most overrated of all-time.

next to Messyay.

Not sure how you got to that conclusion.   I don't believe Mario was overrated at all though I didn't see him play much.  If you are saying that Toews or Tkachuk are in same class as those two players, you are making my point about how overrated they are.   Thank you!  :)

21 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not sure how you got to that conclusion.   I don't believe Mario was overrated at all though I didn't see him play much.  If you are saying that Toews or Tkachuk are in same class as those two players, you are making my point about how overrated they are.   Thank you!  :)

Yeah Zep

I am afraid I don't exactly agree with Old News on this one........Mario, was a top 10 overall, although his career was cut a little short, I would like to see the stats on Mario vs Gretz head to head. Mario deffently had the same type of magic as Wayne. I think Messier, although a dominant player benefited from an all star team....Wayne made that team...big difference.

As for Toews and Tkachuk..............not even in the same hemisphere...........Old News is usually bag on IMO, but unless I am missing context, I thing he is a little off on this one

Like Vancouver to Tokyo off......................................long way!

Benning grossly overrated but only in Vancouver (see where he was ranked as a gm last season.) 

owers are still pulling the puppets strings 

Two ref system is a failure

willie was the worst coach we've seen in Vancouver in a long long time.

we signed too many redundant ufas this summer. 

1 minute ago, combover said:

Benning grossly overrated but only in Vancouver (see where he was ranked as a gm last season.) 

owers are still pulling the puppets strings 

Two ref system is a failure

willie was the worst coach we've seen in Vancouver in a long long time.

we signed too many redundant ufas this summer. 

Not saying it is a bad list, but

Benning has been doing pretty good in this last 18 months, and we will have to wait a couple of years to see his true value..........good or bad.......

And I think it depends how Benning reacts this winter/TDL, as he sign too many or not.........

Yes, Willie ranks right up there with Bill Laforge

I think the owners will always have the last call............it is their money...............in saying that........It will tell, when the TDL looms....I hope earlier(January)

Not sure why you think 2 refs is a failure?

53 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I was agreeing Zepp - and adding that Mario belongs on a list like that (as does Messier).

I saw lots of Lemieux - his talent was undeniable - but so was the fact that he is also one of the premier floaters of all time (and played on some of the most ridiculous lineups in the history of the game).

His rating is pretty much next to Gretzky - I disagree with that - guys like Bryan Trottier may not have scored as much, but were better than Lemieux imo.

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

I was agreeing Zepp - and adding that Mario belongs on a list like that (as does Messier).

I saw lots of Lemieux - his talent was undeniable - but so was the fact that he is also one of the premier floaters of all time (and played on some of the most ridiculous lineups in the history of the game).

His rating is pretty much next to Gretzky - I disagree with that - guys like Bryan Trottier may not have scored as much, but were better than Lemieux imo.

Ah, got you.  Makes more sense.   Big guys somehow don't look like they are doing as much but if you say him play, your insight better than mine.   

10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ah, got you.  Makes more sense.   Big guys somehow don't look like they are doing as much but if you say him play, your insight better than mine.   

I've just always had a strong dislike of floating.   And Mario was like a butterfly when not in possession.  Some people feel his offense alone makes him one of the greatest of all-time - I disagree - and doubt he would have produced what he did had he not had the absolutely ridiculous supporting casts he did in Pitt.  

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000501992.html

I mean look at that absurd list of hall of famers, and Scotty Bowman behind the bench.

He's one of the greatest scorers of all-time, that's how I'd qualify him.

1) National anthems suck  and overt shows of  patriotism are lame

2) Canucks need a South Asia superstar on their roster.

3) Sedins should retire now and becoming conditioning coaches for the Canucks and  Canucks drafted youth.

4)Utica should move to a new arena to be built in Whalley

5)Canucks should drop the orca and use an Asian Dragon logo instead 

6) Virtanen is ready for a top 6 role on the Canucks

7) NHL nets should be 10 % larger

8) Pedan should be on the Canucks this year.

9) Commercial fishing in the Fraser river should be reduced by over 50%

10) Hockey cards should cost 25 cents a pack and include gum 

Archived