The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

VegasCanuck

Game Results  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I was planning on watching the game after work

Reading the comments, thinking it'll just throw me back into an Edler-centric rage and I don't think I'm ready for that yet.

Happy to hear our PP is still boring as hell too.

Guess I got 2.5hrs freed up tonight

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Eriksson can't elevate his game this season, hopefully he waives his clause and accepts a trade.

Lol what team would be stupid enough to trade for him even if we retain salary?  He isnt a difference maker on the ice. I cant believe we have to watch 5 more years of this guy.  

I said it when we signed him, Eriksson is the worst free agent signing in Canucks history. And i have no idea how the Canucks are going to get rid of him in a couple years when our youth takes over. 

If this was a truly fain unbiased training camp does he even make the team???

6 million per for 5 more years.. wow.

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hutton is a big boy and could step up for Tanev. Edler, to me, is closing in on his expiry date here. He has coasted far too often, and as the most senior member of the blueline, should provide a far more consistent level of play. I'll truly reserve complete judgment until the 10 game mark of the regular season, but if Edler is the same woefully inconsistent d-man he's been for the last few seasons, hopefully he'll retire.

Ftfy

7 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Lol what team would be stupid enough to trade for him even if we retain salary?  He isnt a difference maker on the ice. I cant believe we have to watch 5 more years of this guy.  

I said it when we signed him, Eriksson is the worst free agent signing in Canucks history. And i have no idea how the Canucks are going to get rid of him in a couple years when our youth takes over. 

Eriksson's game and where it's at still remains to be seen. I'm not quite ready to write him off yet. Much like Gudbranson, he had to adjust to a new team, although Gudbranson was nursing a serious wrist injury.

Loui could take off if given the right linemates. He was very effective in Boston, and there is really no reason he can't find that again here. Essentially it's his choice.

Much like Edler, I think the team needs at least 10-15 games, with a set roster (including Boeser and Virtanen) to determine how well a player will do, same goes for the team.

I don't like Burmistrov on the PP, Granlund is more creative. Hopefully it's just a preseason experiment.

I thought they played good,  we had some good chances that they couldn't capitalized on but overall the game was a lot more competitive than the score indicated. 

An injection of youth in the form of Brock and Jake and we're solid.  

Looking forward to the team when  Hank , Danny , Edler ,  Sutter,    Loui E    are no longer on it.

Sorry  so much respect for what Hank and Danny gave this club but time stands still for no one.   Time for the club to turn a page and move forward. 

I thought the game was decent up to the third period. Too many penalties and our power play clearly stinks but that might come with more practice. Still too much passing on the power play. It seems we need more shooters.

I thought Edler had a quiet but good game.

I liked the Guddy - MDZ pairing.
Hutton looked good to me.
Loui still having his issues. Sutter played decent as far as I noticed.
Baertschi and Granlund put in a lot of work after the first period. Probably had the best two showings. 
I didn't really notice Horvat much except the odd power move. 
I really liked Burmistrov. He seemed to be shooting a lot, could get much better when he loses the offseason rust.
Boucher on the other hand showed that he is either the 13th forward or on the waiver wire. Something seemed off with him.
Sedins took 3 of the... was it 4 or 5 Nuck penalties? That was interesting!

So, apparently Canucks management was saying the players that make the team will have to earn a spot. If the Sedins and Eriksson suck in preseason, are they benched to start the season? No, not even close. Management is full of lip service, and only brought in more vets so the kids can't play (yet). Problem is, I thought the kids played a very good game against CGY last night. Boeser and Virtanen are almost sure locks to make the team, IMO. Chatfield, Juolevi, Subban, Carcone and MacEwen are all up and comers. I guess we'll see what they really have once the regular season starts. Hoping for a Boeser/Virtanen effort from our vets.

2 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

I thought the game was decent up to the third period. Too many penalties and our power play clearly stinks but that might come with more practice. Still too much passing on the power play. It seems we need more shooters.

I thought Edler had a quiet but good game.

I liked the Guddy - MDZ pairing.
Hutton looked good to me.
Loui still having his issues. Sutter played decent as far as I noticed.
Baertschi and Granlund put in a lot of work after the first period. Probably had the best two showings. 
I didn't really notice Horvat much except the odd power move. 
I really liked Burmistrov. He seemed to be shooting a lot, could get much better when he loses the offseason rust.
Boucher on the other hand showed that he is either the 13th forward or on the waiver wire. Something seemed off with him.
Sedins took 3 of the... was it 4 or 5 Nuck penalties? That was interesting!

How'd Gagner and Dorsett look?

Alright now that I have ranted a bit....I can see a way out....

We have a bunch of kids ready or almost ready in Boeser, Virtanen,  Goldobin, MacEwen, McEneny, Chatfield and Dahlen...as well as Rodin...

Throw half those guys on to the team and cut the culls right away, then get the other half into the lineup during the season.

It's time to cut some bodies loose and we know who they are...It's not just one pre-season game....it's one pre-season game that looks just like all of last year....

32 minutes ago, xRussianrocket said:

Its too bad we werent able to land Lucic instead. His physical play and 17-20goals a year minimum would have been a huge difference maker for our club. Loui Erikssons contract makes me want to throwup.

Archived