The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal is no good

Odd.

Montreal is no good. They're currently 1-6-1 after another loss to Anaheim.

I feel bad for Carey Price. His career is being wasted playing with that franchise that has yet to assemble anything decent in front of him. 

I think Montreal needs to tear everything down and start from scratch. This starts from management. Get rid of Bergevin. Obviously nothing is working out for them and the core that they have right now is not going to cut it and management have done NOTHING to address this. They've got a depleted prospect pool and in my mind they're currently the worst Canadian team in the NHL today. Current core not working out for them, no future ahead of them. They're like the 2013-2014 canucks. Stale stale stale.

Trade the likes of Plekanec, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and maybe and build your team around Jonathan Drouin, Gallagher, Shaw, Mete, etc. And stop trading away top prospects and the only good players you actually have. 

And get the C off of Pacioretty. You have to feel bad for the guy, he should have never had the C and was given an overwhelming role and faced a lot of adversity because of it. 

12 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Sorry... maybe a little too low of a blow on my part. 

It's all good.

36 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

wow for a team that has won more cups then anyone and last to win one from Canada give them a break!

They will come around and when things go bad there things happen which at this point might turn them around!

That doesn't mean anything Crip

As of right now it's not looking like it and there's nothing to suggest that it'll get better unless there's a major shakeup. I've watched their last 2 games and they were some of the most depressing games I've ever watched. I thought our team was a little hard to handle but if you're a Montreal fan, it might be even worse. 

Pacioretty, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, and Shaw have a combined total of  whopping 4 POINTS. 4 POINTS combined in 8 games. That's very concerning to say the least. They traded a stud prospect defenseman for Drouin who was supposed to come in and bolster their top six with the expectation that he would carry their offense but that's not happening with the lack of depth they have.

Sergachev would be leading their team if he was still there and I think they would've been better off if they hadn't acquired Drouin but that's that. 

"oh they won more cups then all of us b4 so they must still be considered a good team now right?" lol what kinda logic is that.

I liked the trade for Benn, however minor it was, but other than that Bergevin hasn't impressed me much. 

Trading away Subban and Sergachev, losing Markov and waiving Streit equals a depleted blueline - and Alzner plus a young Mete aren't going to save their chops. 

Also, it's my theory that your goalie should not be your highest paid player. If Bergevin didn't pay up though, another GM would've, so I'll give him that. 

2 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Subban's smiling right now. If he was still there all the heat would be on him. 

Bergevin's got to be fired. I still don't know what it is that's keeping him employed. 

32 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Bergevin's got to be fired. I still don't know what it is that's keeping him employed. 

He should have been gone before Subban. Given the boot before Therien. Dude is running low on scapegoats.

He's that ***** You've worked with that always pointed fingers at his coworkers.

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Montreal is no good. They're currently 1-6-1 after another loss to Anaheim.

I feel bad for Carey Price. His career is being wasted playing with that franchise that has yet to assemble anything decent in front of him. 

I think Montreal needs to tear everything down and start from scratch. This starts from management. Get rid of Bergevin. Obviously nothing is working out for them and the core that they have right now is not going to cut it and management have done NOTHING to address this. They've got a depleted prospect pool and in my mind they're currently the worst Canadian team in the NHL today. Current core not working out for them, no future ahead of them. They're like the 2013-2014 canucks. Stale stale stale.

Trade the likes of Plekanec, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and maybe and build your team around Jonathan Drouin, Gallagher, Shaw, Mete, etc. And stop trading away top prospects and the only good players you actually have. 

And get the C off of Pacioretty. You have to feel bad for the guy, he should have never had the C and was given an overwhelming role and faced a lot of adversity because of it. 

A couple of my hockey friends and I were actually just discussing this exactly earlier today, and I compared them to the 2013 Canucks also. We all agree that they need change.

It's not just right now, other than when Price stands on his head, they've been trending down, and it looks like it's just getting worse.

Tear it down, get what you can and build around the young core as you said, agree 100%.

They started off like 10-0-0 last year and missed the playoffs. So I am sure they can start off 1-6-1 and make the playoffs this year. It is too early to tell yet.

BUT... that being said... it's highly unlikely. I agree with you - stale core. Montreal and Vancouver are very similar teams - but Montreal is behind by about 3 years.

Archived