The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seattle to begin season ticket drive, aiming for 2021 entry to NHL

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

4 hours ago, brilac said:

That is great for you! I'm so excited, and that the number of deposits keeps increasing!  I walked to Westlake downtown during lunch so I could get a glimpse of the flag on top of the Space Needle! 

Well I don't know if being in the low 16000s gets me seats.  I imagine if they have 17500 capacity they will cap season tickets at 15,000.  Maybe 15,500.

I know they had it set at a 50 ticket limit.  Most teams will only allow 4-8 maximum season ticket per person.  They now have it set to 20 and a note on their site saying they reserve the right to limit ticket purchases at their sole discretion.  Let's hope they modify some of the large block purchases.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Well I don't know if being in the low 16000s gets me seats.  I imagine if they have 17500 capacity they will cap season tickets at 15,000.  Maybe 15,500.

I know they had it set at a 50 ticket limit.  Most teams will only allow 4-8 maximum season ticket per person.  They now have it set to 20 and a note on their site saying they reserve the right to limit ticket purchases at their sole discretion.  Let's hope they modify some of the large block purchases.

Oh wow, I should check that out.  I am just really excited over this!  Like OH MY GOD, SEATTLE SEATTLE!! 

1 hour ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Totems is very synonymous with the Pacific Northwest. Seattle was also named after a famous chief, Chief Seattle. 

http://www.seattletotems.org/Uniform History.html

Totems would be one of the few aboriginal based names that wouldn't be hugely offensive and would actually pay honor to the local aboriginal populations culture.

• Like 1

im sure lots of scalpers are in there...  probably the same ones in vancouver

there is nothing to lose to sign up,,  you get refund .

At the time season ticket seats are selected, you can request and receive a refund of your deposit if you do not want to purchase season tickets.
In addition, if the NHL does not grant us an NHL franchise for Seattle, your deposit will be refunded to you.
Edited by jovocop55

I was just reading a Seattle Times article, and it was told to Tim Leiweke that at one point 50,000-60,000 people were trying to get in.  That's insane! But then I think - why didn't those people come back to the site after the long delays, and put down a deposit?  The more the merrier! 

Is there a tracker somewhere that shows how many people have put down a deposit so far? 

This is not good for the fans of the Canucks and dreams of a Stanley Cup.

Seattle will be gifted a contender and now the basement-dwelling Canucks, during a "rebuild", will have to climb over two new ready-made teams to qualify and/or get past round one.

Great for the owners, good for the League, bad for Canucks fans.

Rivalry...pffff...doesn't matter when Seattle is gifted to be better from the start. Just another team for the Canucks to regularly lose to (just like Vegas this year). 

I wish this wasn't happening.

32 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I am hopeful the league has learned from the last expansion, that gifting a team to allow it to be tops in the conference is too much.

You'll see something better than older expansion drafts but I doubt, nearly as good as the Vega$ expansion was.

Bettman has already said that the Seattle team will have the same expansion draft rules as Vegas

37 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I am hopeful the league has learned from the last expansion, that gifting a team to allow it to be tops in the conference is too much.

You'll see something better than older expansion drafts but I doubt, nearly as good as the Vega$ expansion was.

5 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Bettman has already said that the Seattle team will have the same expansion draft rules as Vegas

yah he said it when he was being interviewed on 650 last week. Same as Vegas.

Which is OK for us, I really think we'll make out just fine again. All of our ELCs who make it next year won't be eligible, Loui E's contract can be exposed, Sutter's too and Guddy if thats how it plays out (hopefully not). So we will be able to lock up 7 key F's not on ELCs, and we may have 3-4 of those.

D is where it will be most interesting, the group may look very different in 2020 depending on how this draft goes. 

On 3/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, inane said:

That's pretty incredible, credit to the person that put in the effort in creating those designs.

Besides the Wild and Stars, I don't think there is another team in the league that uses green as its primary colour. As for the logo, it does look a bit busy - think it would be better as the secondary logo on the shoulder patch. The logo on the alternate jersey isn't bad either, but I feel it's becoming too common to have a circular logo on the alternate jersey.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I received my priority number.  It is 6,000 something.  That is great.  I hope they have more than 6,000 something season tickets, half, or quarter available.  I was at the dentist on Saturday, and after addressing my concerns, it was time to talk about hockey.  He put down a deposit as well, and we were talking about the 33,000 deposits. Impressive of those deposits!

• Upvote 1