The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Coyotes set high price for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, shopping Niklas Hjalmarsson

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Pool Party + 2018 First?  Is that enough?

Edmonton is unlikely to make the playoffs, so would be in the mix for a possible lottery pick. I really doubt that Edmonton would move their first if there were an outside chance of winning a top three pick. If anybody moves a first rounder, it would more likely be a playoff team.

7 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Edmonton is unlikely to make the playoffs, so would be in the mix for a possible lottery pick. I really doubt that Edmonton would move their first if there were an outside chance of winning a top three pick. If anybody moves a first rounder, it would more likely be a playoff team.

Adding OEL might (likely) get the Oilers to the playoffs, or at least close, so that pick would be middle of the first round.  

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

In the article, it mentions John Chayka is looking for two valuable roster players along with a first-round pick. That first could turn into Dahlin, but it's a risk.

The article is also written by Ottawa scribe Bruce Garrioch who drums up a TON of click bait and suggestive speculations. Much like Canucks "listening to offers on Hutton" he reported last week.

I know, I know....where there's smoke there's fire but this guy also throws tons of spaghetti on the wall hoping some will stick. 

I'm not so sure ARZ deals OEL away without making sure they are in position to draft Dahlin. Then again, who knows with Nerd-Boy running the team. If indeed Chayka IS shopping him? I'm confident GM's will be tripping over themselves to get him.  

Does he have a NTC? Or can they send him anywhere? 

10 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Unfair when you consider that he's been GM for 1.5 years. A lot of what he's dealing with he inherited. 

look at what he's done with what he inherited then.   and pick your poison. 

Dealing the 7th overall pick might be the biggest wtf deal of the past year.

The firing of Maloney is right up there with the Rowe experiment in Florida.    Self-inflicted setbacks.

What a mess the Coyotes are, at this rate I'll be surprised if they turn it around within the next ten years. Just pull the plug already.

I wonder who'd ante up for Oliver though, we're in no position to be shipping out the kind of assets that would be required.

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

Edmonton is goal starved similar to us so I doubt they would trade their leading goal scorer for a non-offensive d-man. Edmonton is really weak on the wings and I think they would be looking for either an offensive d-man or a higher scoring winger. I just don't think there is a very good fit between the two teams.

OEL is more than capable of providing offence 

55 minutes ago, oldnews said:

First thing that comes to mind.....

How stupid was that Derek Stepan deal?

I still cant believe the Rangers snagged a top 10 pick for that guy. Arizona is a joke, they should be moved and they should also NOT get the 1st overall pick. Let Buffalo have it if we dont win the Lotto

OEL would be great for us, but we need the assets we would have to pay to get him to be playing with him here. Can hope that we can nab a top end D man in FA in the next 2 off seasons. Dont know how good the odds of that would be but all we can do is make an offer if they are available July 1

This joke of a team in Arizona should either be folded or be moved.

All they do is draft good players and keep them for 3-6 years and then trade them. This is a dream for those that seem to take greater interest in the draft than they do in winning hockey games but it is a terrible way to manage a hockey team.

Archived