The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Edler to Wpg for Lowry, Enstrom, pick/prospect.  Possible Nilsson/Mason (cap dump) element if they make it worthwhile.

Tanev, Baer to Columbus for Jenner, Savard, pick.  Possibly add Vanek to that deal.

Might prefer a MDZ for Hayden deal over moving Tanev, but it's prolly not realistic.

Hutton to Buffalo for Justin Bailey

Gagner to Edmonton for Kassian!

Sign Luca on July 1st

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Jenner Granlund Gaudette

Eriksson Sutter Virtanen

Gaunce Lowry Kassian

(Goldobin Dowd Bailey)

That is a difficult forward group to play against.

Juolevi Gudbranson

MDZ Savard

Sbisa/Pouliot Stecher/Biega

Tryamkin returns, draft Boqvist/Bouchard....the blueline fills out very nicely in a few years.

Dahlen, Lind, Lockwood ....some skilled forwards still in the system.

Gadjovich, MacEwen - some heaviness still emerging in the system.

Couple extra picks added above - Benning keeps on being Benning. Drafts another center.....

Image result for dream of future

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Edler to Wpg for Lowry, Enstrom, pick/prospect

Tanev, Baer to Columbus for Jenner, Savard, pick.

Hutton to Buffalo for Justin Bailey

Gagner to Edmonton for Kassian!

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Jenner Granlund Gaudette

Eriksson Sutter Virtanen

Gaunce Lowry Kassian

(Dowd Bailey)

That is a difficult forward group to play against.

Juolevi Gudbranson

MDZ Savard

Pouliot/Enstrom Stecher/Biega

Tryamkin returns, draft Boqvist/Bouchard....the blueline fills out very nicely in a few years.

Dahlen, Lind, Goldobin....some skilled forwards still in the system.

Gadjovich, MacEwen - some heaviness still emerging in the system.

Couple extra picks added above - Benning keeps on being Benning.

Image result for dream of future

Some of my most powerful meds are missing!  @oldnews do you know anything about that?  :lol:

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I enjoyed watching Edler come back to life playing with Gudbranson on the weekend.. seemed to get his step, timing and swagger back.. That pairing looked great for Gudbranson too, it kept him on his toes and his edges were active. Other partners he seems to be on his heels or flat footed a bit, less engaged... I want to see more of them as this season finishes.. and maybe EG gets to operate that +104 mph whip more often.

I lean more towards letting Tanev go for the right pick/prospect... or tandem him in a deal to acquire E Karlsson OTW. to upgrade Tanevs position.

OTW will lose Karlsson next year regardless.  He will not want to stay for the absolute beginning of a rebuild.. if OTW realizes this, Karlsson will gain more assets to OTW in a move where he only commands 6.5m per in his last season before UFA.

Id try Tanev, Dalhen, and a conditional 1st rounder 2019 or 2020. .. at least it’s a fair starting point to discuss.

If Karlsson comes to Vancouver, we have a legit #1 D for a year, mentoring the likes of Stetcher, Hutton,Joulevi, Pouliotte and possibly Tryamkin..  If he likes it here,. and the feeling of where Canucks are in the depth of the rebuild, I think he re-signs here, using the money we gain from the expiring Edler Contract.

If Karlsson doesn’t Re-sign, he moves at the 2019 TDL for a great pick.

Me too, but I'm one of the few Edler tire pumpers around here.  He's absolutely welcome to stay - but if he wants to win a Cup in Wpg, by all means - Juolevi would be the young Edler replacement (and I think he'll be up to the challenge).

16 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Don't want to see a single asset going towards Kane.  Let someone else pay for the rental.  We may get someone better in trade or otherwise in the meantime anyway.  Trading Holm is probably about the worst #assetmanagement there could be, considering he's tracking well but hasn't played a single NHL game yet so has little trade value.

Totally agree about Kane. As a UFA I might be interested. With the Twins likely packing it in the Canucks have CAP space to take advantage of. Quite frankly the Canucks do not have enough depth to make multi player deals to pick up one player.

55 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Hopefully not related to us unless its Hutton going back lol.

could just be hurt who knows. ^ Above summarizes Toronto fans on twitter lol.

Appears Babcock says its a maintenance morning. as all leaf fans meltdown hahha

why would this team rent a Bozak?  common sense that this has nothing to do with Vancouver or the search for a physical forward.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

why would this team rent a Bozak?  common sense that this has nothing to do with Vancouver or the search for a physical forward.

Yes, crossed my mind as well, seeing as Hutton is another healthy scratch tonight against COL. Bozak doesn't strike me as a physical forward, even though he's 6'1" 200 pounds. He'll also be 32 in a couple of months. Canucks could always use a C though. They lost that option with Granlund for the rest of the year. I don't know, I think I'd be pretty choked if we traded Hutton for Bozak. Make it Van Riemsdyk and you gotta deal. lol  

From Elliotte Friedman's 31 Thoughts:

5. Newly extended Canucks GM Jim Benning raised eyebrows on Hockey Night in Canada last weekend when he said the team “would like to add a big player. Maybe a forward with some physicality who has the skill to make plays.”

My sense is they are looking for youngish players with some term or team control. Possible fits could be the likes of Nick Bjugstad (Florida), Vladislav Namestnikov (Tampa Bay) or Brock Nelson (Islanders).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-arent-many-untouchable-players-think/

23 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I like Namestnikov - a lot - but I think Elliotte whiffed on this one - I wouldn't mistake Namestnikov for the type of player Benning is descriibing - Namestnikov is certainly not big, nor is he a heavy physical presence....but yeah, we already have small, skilled forwards that can make plays.  He might be an upgrade on some of them, but what Benning is actually looking for would remain a big forward that is hard to play against, and can make plays.  Brock Nelson is bigger - can make some plays, but he also isn't particular physical.  Bjugstad - not sure why Florida would sell him - perhaps there may be salary/budget reasons to move him - in which case it would be hard to argue with taking him on if the asset cost were reasonable - although he is three years term to UFA at 4.1, so possibly a deal for a guy like Baertschi, or a slightly lesser value younger (ELC) asset as compensation for the cap take and the lesser future control.

21 hours ago, ohmy said:

Would definetly love Bjugstad. Not as high on Nelson but I never watched him closely during a game. 

Given our history with trading for players out of Florida.. as good as Bjugstad is.. nah literally every player we get out of Florida with the exception of Luongo rots and dies in vancouver

Archived