The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't think you read my post. 

It takes many years for a kid to become a big difference maker. Just like it has taken Virtanen many years and he still hasn't gotten there. 

You can't expect one of those kids to come in and be what Kane brings. . 

I get that, but what i was saying is im of the impression they are going to make the NHL next year and they are special talents. Most likely top 6 roles. If we were to acquire Domi,Jenner, Kreider etc and get one of those picks. Kane becomes redundant. But if we didnt pick acquire any of those, then and only then i could see Kane coming here. 

17 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I get that, but what i was saying is im of the impression they are going to make the NHL next year and they are special talents. Most likely top 6 roles. If we were to acquire Domi,Jenner, Kreider etc and get one of those picks. Kane becomes redundant. But if we didnt pick acquire any of those, then and only then i could see Kane coming here. 

I disagree 

I keep repeating myself...  I'll do it for the last time... 

Even if canucks pick a forward he won't bring what Kane brings. Kane is what we hoped Virtanen would develop into. Even in 2 years Virtanen will not be Kane. It is unrealistic to expect a rookie to come in next year and be a physical top line powerforward who can fight.

Domi is a skill guy....not a powerforward.. Jenner will play centre..

Therefore it won't be redundant. 

15 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Love the Guddy for Boone Jenner idea someone threw outcthere 

- would we need to add?

- do they need R side D?

OR 

tanev+ Vanek to TO for JVR, TO 1st, TO 4th

Guddy and Baertschi for Jenner...CBJ can use a skilled scoring winger and they can use EG on D, especially with Johnson asking to be traded out. He would be a 3rd pair Dman on a good team. 

Not sure why Leafs would trade a UFA to be for another UFA to be, would they not keep JVR over Vanek? Same for Canucks, why trade for a UFA? 

So essentially deal is Tanev for TO's 1st and 4th. That's not enough. It will cost a lot more for Tanev. Drop the 4th and add a grade A prospect. 

18 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

18 year old Sam could get beat up my grandma 

Don't underestimate Sam Bennet as a tough guy. He might have been a smaller high draft pick but the kid plays with an edge and has gone toe to toe with Josh Manson. Reminds me of a Jordie Benn type but with more skill. He's only going to get bigger and stronger. 

Right now none of our forwards will fight other than Archibald who may not be a long term solution. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

I disagree 

I keep repeating myself...  I'll do it for the last time... 

Even if canucks pick a forward he won't bring what Kane brings. Kane is what we hoped Virtanen would develop into. Even in 2 years Virtanen will not be Kane. It is unrealistic to expect a rookie to come in next year and be a physical top line powerforward who can fight.

Domi is a skill guy....not a powerforward.. Jenner will play centre..

Therefore it won't be redundant. 

What im saying is there are only soo many top 6 spots. I get the intangibles Kane brings. But, if we select a forward and acquire a forward, are we going to shell out another 6-7 mill a pop on another forward or just develop what we already have. 

1 hour ago, kenhodgejr said:

Don't underestimate Sam Bennet as a tough guy. He might have been a smaller high draft pick but the kid plays with an edge and has gone toe to toe with Josh Manson. Reminds me of a Jordie Benn type but with more skill. He's only going to get bigger and stronger. 

Right now none of our forwards will fight other than Archibald who may not be a long term solution. 

Players like Bennet make me jealous of teams like the flames. Sprinkled with tough, pissed off players throughout that all play for each other willing to drop the mitts on a dime. I've been wanting a team like that to cheer for since Jovo and Brasher were on patrol. 

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

Love the Guddy for Boone Jenner idea someone threw outcthere 

- would we need to add?

- do they need R side D?

OR 

tanev+ Vanek to TO for JVR, TO 1st, TO 4th

IMO, we need someone like Gudbranson more than we need Jenner at this point. I'd much rather re-sign Gudbranson. I prefer to see if there's a deal of Baertschi for Jenner. I love Baertschi, but I think with our influx of talent coming in at forward, he could be expendable for a bit of size. Baertschi is on the upswing of his offense (would be on pace to be about 3rd in scoring with Columbus) with a much improved two way game and Jenner has the offensive abilities to go with his physicality. Both are around the same age and both are pending RFAs. I think it would be a good hockey trade from both sides. 

I would be interested to see if they would want to swap Ryan Murray for Hutton also. Murray might have more potential than Hutton, but I think Baertschi is worth a bit more than Jenner at this point so it could even out the trade instead of adding a pick to Jenner.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

IMO, we need someone like Gudbranson more than we need Jenner at this point. I'd much rather re-sign Gudbranson. I prefer to see if there's a deal of Baertschi for Jenner. I love Baertschi, but I think with our influx of talent coming in at forward, he could be expendable for a bit of size. Baertschi is on the upswing of his offense (would be on pace to be about 3rd in scoring with Columbus) with a much improved two way game and Jenner has the offensive abilities to go with his physicality. Both are around the same age and both are pending RFAs. I think it would be a good hockey trade from both sides. 

I would be interested to see if they would want to swap Ryan Murray for Hutton also. Murray might have more potential than Hutton, but I think Baertschi is worth a bit more than Jenner at this point so it could even out the trade instead of adding a pick to Jenner.

i like the idea, baertschi starting to develop some injury trouble, trending up tho and see him as a real skil player, possibly 60 points in 2-3 years

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

i like the idea, baertschi starting to develop some injury trouble, trending up tho and see him as a real skil player, possibly 60 points in 2-3 years

Not sure if he's having injury trouble. This season was a freak injury from a puck to the face, so if I'm a trading partner, I don't think that's a major concern. Tanev on the other hand...

47 minutes ago, Solinar said:

I'll take Lucic for Tanev if they're throwing in Pullijarvi and a pick as well.

HHHHHAHHHA Damn that one is good. 

I don't know about that.

Sign Kane an trade for Domi might be a better option.

DOMI - HORVAT - BOESER

KANE - PETTERSSON - VIRTANEN

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - VANEK (re-sign)

ARCHIBALD - DOWD - ERIKSSON

Archived