The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(waivers) Burrows

qwijibo

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

There is an appropriate thread for this topic. It’s in the Canucks forum, and pinned. 

Mods, please close this thread down. People should know we have a functioning and relevant thread about Burrows already on the go, just where you’d expect to find it.

Go jump in a lake.

36 minutes ago, Pears said:

Do the right thing Jim, bring this man home. 

30 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Pick him up Jimmy Boy. Bring Burr home.

29 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Would be a popular move to bring him back. I wouldn't mind seeing him retire here . 

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I’d take him and his veteran experience on the fourth line in a heart beat. 

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

I would pick him up. 1 more year at 2.5 is fine 

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Yessir.

Screw the rebuild, let's re-sign the Sedins too.  How much to get Hamhuis and Bieksa back?  I bet a few picks could get it done.

:picard:

wrong_with_you_people_office_space.gif?w

17 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Screw the rebuild, let's re-sign the Sedins too.  How much to get Hamhuis and Bieksa back?  I bet a few picks could get it done.

:picard:

wrong_with_you_people_office_space.gif?w

Cause Burrows is going to help the team win?  lol  Not like any of those players would move us away from rebuilding.  BUT they would help allow the kids to continue developing for a full year in the AHL, which is a good idea.  

Guess it depends on what you believe the best coarse for the rebuild is....  IMO a full year in the A for Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi, Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, and Demko together would be the best thing for galvanizing the next group and thereby actually moving the organization forward.

Burr is familiar with the group, organization, and city...  and its only a year, which is perfect timing for the above strategy.

If you honestly think that throwing these kids to the wolves will help speed up the rebuild then go ahead...  As Ferraro says, he's still waiting to see how taking time with player development has ruined anyone.  Same cant be said for rushing prospects.

That being said, it doesnt have to be Burrows to fill that role.  Only that I think he'd be a seamless fit for the current group and community.

1 minute ago, 70seven said:

Cause Burrows is going to help the team win?  lol  Not like any of those players would move us away from rebuilding.  BUT they would help allow the kids to continue developing for a full year in the AHL, which is a good idea.  

Guess it depends on what you believe the best coarse for the rebuild is....  IMO a full year in the A for Pettersson, Dahlen, Juolevi, Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, and Demko together would be the best thing for galvanizing the next group and thereby actually moving the organization forward.

Burr is familiar with the group, organization, and city...  and its only a year, which is perfect timing for the above strategy.

If you honestly think that throwing these kids to the wolves will help speed up the rebuild then go ahead...  As Ferraro says, he's still waiting to see how taking time with player development has ruined anyone.  Same cant be said for rushing prospects.

Even if you wan't to play the listed in the AHL, Goldobin and Jake are both waiver eligible next year, and if Burrows at his current level is a top 12 let alone 13 forward on this team next September, something has gone horribly wrong. 

How about helping teach the kids how to be pro’s... which is something we apparently have a problem with (Virtanen and Hutton).

For those folks saying he will hamper the kids development, you do realize we are going to have to go out and sign a couple vets this summer as insurance if not enough kids are ready?

If a guy can’t beat Burrows out for a 4th line job, they need to be in Utica. If they do beat him out, he is a good choice for a 13th forward since you can’t keep a kid in that spot anyways, they need regular playing minutes not sitting in the press box until needed.

18 minutes ago, 70seven said:

That being said, it doesnt have to be Burrows to fill that role.  Only that I think he'd be a seamless fit for the current group and community.

He's deadweight. Can't keep up with the pace of today's game anymore and was just waived by a bottom ranked Ottawa team. The Canucks need to move forwards and plucking the Biter off waivers won't help this team at all. This fan base gets so wrapped around the past sometimes. 

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

I would claim Oduya so teams have to trade for our depth dmen. If nothing budges just send somebody down after the deadline. As for Burrows when he goes unclaimed I’d gladly take on that contract for a pick or prospect.

Exactly this. Having Burr in Utica would be worth the cap just to call him up for the last game of the season and watch him retire along side the Sedins.

The only way i'd take Burrows on is if he clears waivers, then we go to the Senators and say ya i'll take burrows on and his cap hit...what are you willing to pay for that? 3rd and 4th round pick? Sure i'd do that. Plus Burrows can then go to Utica and help them with their playoff push. Next year he can be waived, no one will pick him up. Send him to the farm to mentor our new influx of young guys. Then call him up at next seasons end to play his last few games as a canuck.

Archived