The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Still not sure about the coach

snucks

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Good ol' Jack Tripper..waiting for his fav Stephen King novels to be adapted to the screen! What says the 70's MORE than this show, PB(he asked rhetorically)?

I loved watching this with my parents. The double entendres went right over my head, but Ritter was such a great comedian it didn't matter.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I loved watching this with my parents. The double entendres went right over my head, but Ritter was such a great comedian it didn't matter.

Remember reading critics Lambaste the show in some magazine.."In today's episode, misunderstanding #1247, as Mr Furley enters the apt..."

HA! The script was predictably, lovably lame..& we unwashed hoi polloi all revelled in it, eh?!

57 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

This reminds me....

I don't think a coach has been fired this year.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If I am right that is one crazy anamoly for the NHL.

I think Hakstol was the closest to the hot seat this year when they were winless in 10. Good thing they stuck with him. 

6 minutes ago, A.V.'s slurp said:

I think Hakstol was the closest to the hot seat this year when they were winless in 10. Good thing they stuck with him. 

Many thought Maurice would be on the hot seat too. Good thing the Jets have him.

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

The Delorian can do the Crosby Run in 12 parsecs. Green should tell guys to score more goals. Henrik should shave more. Leipsic should shave less. Something, something and then another thing. Win Stanley Cup next Tuesday.

Equally as intelligible as OP.

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ha me too, I remember they were talking about hookers and I pictured the looney tunes cartoon with somebody literally yanking people off the stage with a giant hook.

Image result for looney tunes hooked off the stage

2 hours ago, snucks said:

I'm still not sure or happy with the Canucks coach, but this season is a learning experience for him. He must know now what needs to happen. He must in next season change what he needs to change, but he may still be handcuffed by senior management. The concept of becoming a fast skilled team which kind of abandons toughness and just tolerates injuries and bad officiating, while losing games and players, must be changed by the coach. I have not given up on Green yet, but expect a different bench boss next season. He must change the minds of upper management, and push a different direction. I think Green needs to become a little more like Iron Mike, Scotty Bowman, or Torts .

Sticker_McGruff_Drugs01.png

10 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I just dont like the way he deploys goldy when “the kids” were supposed to be on trial the rest of the year ya he needs to cleanup his 2 way game but this kid has elite passing skills that are slept on he needs more than 7 mins a game 

His "elite passing skills" are mostly being used to give the puck to the other team when he tries to dangle past 3 defenders on the rush.  He's been given every opportunity to produce but he hasn't figured it out. 

20 hours ago, King Heffy said:

His "elite passing skills" are mostly being used to give the puck to the other team when he tries to dangle past 3 defenders on the rush.  He's been given every opportunity to produce but he hasn't figured it out. 

Haven't seen him attempt this once.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, VanGnome said:

Sedins don't play a straight forward, blue collar game. Until the Sedins are gone, this team cannot move on from their influence. Maybe if the Sedins are gone, Edler will waive. There's still a couple of players here that have a lot of complacency, and they are players who are put into key positions.

Honestly I would take a 3rd round pick for Edler if we can also toss in Eriksson without retention.

I believe Eriksson was paid mostly in bonuses so after his NMC turns into a limited NTC he might be able to be moved to a team trying to maintain their cap floor for an actual return.

We have tones of salary cap for now and Edler is worth WAY more than a 3rd.  Eriksson is also playing a valuable role despite being over paid. 

The other thing I see a lot people saying is to wave him.  This is just as silly because he will be claimed and we will be stuck with half his cap hit.  And who are you going to replace him with for less than 3 million?

Just bide our time and wait for the right situation to play out.  We shouldn't need the cap till his contract is up anyway if nothing happens

21 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I just dont like the way he deploys goldy when “the kids” were supposed to be on trial the rest of the year ya he needs to cleanup his 2 way game but this kid has elite passing skills that are slept on he needs more than 7 mins a game 

He seems to have elite "I don't want to compete every game" skills.

Archived