The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do we give Bo the "C"? POLL

Gator

Who should wear the "C"   

355 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've never liked the thought of 'gifting' the C to someone.  In my mind, we should enter the season without one, and then it should be up to one of the guys to grab the reins.  I always thought that the best captain is the one who takes the reins, not the person gifted.  The same as giving it to the superstar...  How many times have we seen stars struggle with the C, but some 3rd line center take it and roll with it.  I'm hoping Horvat can become the next captain, but I still think it should be one of those  things where everyone in the room just realises who their leader is, and then make it official.  Just my opinion tho. :)

26 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

For me, not yet. Honestly I believe we should hand it to Tanev. Give Bo and Edler/Boeser the "A"

I understand the sentiment. I just dislike D as captians.  Even Karlsson as an elite player. Him wearing the C in Ottawa still feels weird. Call me old fashioned. I know there are some exceptions in history but primarily it is a C, followed by a winger or D.

Bo was leading the team already last season. He has pretty much led by example. During off-season, he worked so hard on his skating and improved it immensely. During the season, any time they needed a big goal, he was the go-to guy. While injured, he worked his butt off and came back with a fitness level better than before his injury. He made his linemates better as he likes looking for them. He is one of our forwards who can create something out of nothing. He plays a responsible game on both ends of the ice. He has already been an All-Star. He recently played for Team Canada - which shows how highly influential hockey guys in Canada think about his game. If I am his teammate and that doesn't inspire me to get better, then somebody be checking my pulse.

I think Bo should get it next year because I think he's definitely ready for it. That said, if the team doesn't want to give it to Bo now, the next best option would be to have three "A"s throughout the year.

As for the "A"s, my votes go to Edler and Sutter. In the long run, Boeser should get one as he's definitely a leader type, but for now, he's very young and should get some more experience under his belt.

Edler is the most experienced defenseman on the team and Sutter is a veteran forward who works his tail off and is a very versatile guy. He's also a vocal guy. 

Tanev is a decent option, but he's a bit quiet. He'd be my third choice for the "A".

If we go the three "A"s, I'd like Horvat, Edler, and Sutter to be our three guys.

Archived