The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton Oilers 2018-2019

Rate this topic

aqua59

20 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Kevin Lowe is not the GM of the Oilers and has not had that title for 10 years. Steve Tambellini, Craig MacTavish and Peter Chiarelli have all held the GM title since Kevin Lowe. Lowe was still President of the team with the noted GM's reporting to him until 2015. Bob Nicholson is the current CEO of both Business and Hockey Operations reporting to Daryl Katz. Peter Chiarelli, as President and GM of Hockey Operations, reports directly to Nicholson. Lowe still works for Katz but has nothing to do with the hockey operations.

Thanks for painting a clear pyramid disaster.

Things didn't go as planned last either. Without McDavid what is there to watch or get excited about? 

Another flat result.

True colors from Matthew Tkachuk....<_<

...throwing punches at Draisatl when the zebras are between them....jumping on top of McDavid when he's already tangled up with Backlund...and chickening out when challenged by Kassian....followed by a classic turtle that Matt Cooke would have been proud of....

At least Bennett answered the bell against Nurse.

• Upvote 3

Just now, A Skylit Drive said:

With each passing game it looks like we won the Horvat/Schneider trade  

It was a fair trade at the time. For several years, Schneider was in the top 5 in GAA and SV% when playing for the Devils. And that team in front of him was awful. Not making the playoffs, awful. For him to put up the stats he did while playing for a non playoff team was incredible.

Unfortunately, something is off now. Whether that’s nagging injury, rather time, or something else. Either way, I really hope he can turn it around.

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

True colors from Matthew Tkachuk....<_<

...throwing punches at Draisatl when the zebras are between them....jumping on top of McDavid when he's already tangled up with Backlund...and chickening out when challenged by Kassian....followed by a classic turtle that Matt Cooke would have been proud of....

At least Bennett answered the bell against Nurse.

Tbh, I thought Draisaitl should have answered the bell when Tkachuk challenges him for the slew foot. 

They’re both the same size and both have the same amount of points. 

Fighting Kassian or Lucic would be a horrible trade off for the Flames. If anything it was pure evil genius in the fact he got his team a lengthy power play. 

However, the Flames powerplay was so abysmal that Oilers had about 3 shorthanded breakaways and one shorthanded goal. 

Bottom line..that was a fun game to watch but them Berta teams is trash.

• Upvote 1

The clock has to be ticking for the Todd McClellan tenure in the Coiler camp. I feel sorry for the guy, that's been handcuffed with guys like Lucic. You have to wonder how McDavid is going to fare with this clusterbunk. I watched the last period tonight and can't believe how bad they are. I honestly wondered if RNH was dressed for the game, and until he was shown on the bench, he was unnoticeable. Talbot giving up 6 goals.....

Canuck fans bitch and moan about this team, the Oilers are healthy, and are playing like doggy doo!

Edited by johngould21
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johngould21 said:

The clock has to be ticking for the Todd McClellan tenure in the Coiler camp. I feel sorry for the guy, that's been handcuffed with guys like Lucic. You have to wonder how McDavid is going to fare with this clusterbunk. I watched the last period tonight and can't believe how bad they are. I honestly wondered if RNH was dressed for the game, and until he was shown on the bench, he was unnoticeable. Talbot giving up 6 goals.....

Canuck fans bitch and moan about this team, the Oilers are healthy, and are playing like doggy doo!

I've watched the game last night and the one on Saturday and honestly I think the game has passed Lucic by. He looks slower now and in the Calgary game he was looking for the big hits - which is fine but he's not getting paid 6 million to hit. McLellan has tried him on different lines and really he isnt even doing anything on the PP anymore. RNH did seem invisible but in his defense he really has no line mates. The Oilers have basically him, McDavid and Draisaital and McLellan loading up the first line with 2 of them doesnt really balance the attack. Conor is Conor and he looked ok last night but very uninspired when they got down a goal or two.

Its funny you mention healthy cause Oiler fans whine that they are missing Sekera lol - like thats the difference they need. People are all over Talbot but at least 3 of those goals he was screened or were perfect shots. They think Koskinen is their saviour but he kicked out a brutal rebound to Monahan last game that lead directly to a goal. Oiler fans need to stop kidding themselves - when your defence consist of Garrison, Benning and Russel in the top six you are not going to have much success. I'll take Stecher, MDZ and Pouliout over those three any day of the week (kinda sad but true)

1 hour ago, MikeBossy said:

I've watched the game last night and the one on Saturday and honestly I think the game has passed Lucic by. He looks slower now and in the Calgary game he was looking for the big hits - which is fine but he's not getting paid 6 million to hit. McLellan has tried him on different lines and really he isnt even doing anything on the PP anymore. RNH did seem invisible but in his defense he really has no line mates. The Oilers have basically him, McDavid and Draisaital and McLellan loading up the first line with 2 of them doesnt really balance the attack. Conor is Conor and he looked ok last night but very uninspired when they got down a goal or two.

Its funny you mention healthy cause Oiler fans whine that they are missing Sekera lol - like thats the difference they need. People are all over Talbot but at least 3 of those goals he was screened or were perfect shots. They think Koskinen is their saviour but he kicked out a brutal rebound to Monahan last game that lead directly to a goal. Oiler fans need to stop kidding themselves - when your defence consist of Garrison, Benning and Russel in the top six you are not going to have much success. I'll take Stecher, MDZ and Pouliout over those three any day of the week (kinda sad but true)

I think once McDavid was drafted, the Oilers concluded their rebuild before it was complete. Now they are paying the price for missing talent on the wings, on D and arguably on G. The problem with most of their signed players is that they lack trade value.

Jim Benning is absolutely correct to flood Vancouver's roster with prospects and vets and let them compete for limited spots and ice time. This gives Travis Green more tools to coach and compel players to improve. I think this is one of the reasons that Vancouver has been able to salvage certain prospects acquired from other teams as well as rehabilitate Ben Hutton. Competition makes competent players focus. I think Vancouver has a decent chance of salvaging Jesse Puljujärvi, but I don't think the team has the roster spot nor wishes to pay the asking price. 

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I think once McDavid was drafted, the Oilers concluded their rebuild before it was complete. Now they are paying the price for missing talent on the wings, on D and arguably on G. The problem with most of their signed players is that they lack trade value.

Jim Benning is absolutely correct to flood Vancouver's roster with prospects and vets and let them compete for limited spots and ice time. This gives Travis Green more tools to coach and compel players to improve. I think this is one of the reasons that Vancouver has been able to salvage certain prospects acquired from other teams as well as rehabilitate Ben Hutton. Competition makes competent players focus. I think Vancouver has a decent chance of salvaging Jesse Puljujärvi, but I don't think the team has the roster spot nor wishes to pay the asking price. 

Terrible drafting and development by the Soilers has caught up to them. Throw in a bunch of bad trades and I dont see them getting any better for a long time. Gotta wonder if McD wants out at some point.

• Upvote 1