xereau

[GDT] Yotes @ Nucks 7pm Jan 10 2019

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

Anybody else think our prospects aren’t benefiting playing so far out east. 6 more years in Utica.... I think it would be more logical having the team closer to home. If we had the chance to move the comets back to Abbotsford the team gets used to the travel, used to the media, and has access to team doctors and trainers. Would be logical in my eyes . 

I think playing in front of a full house every night is beneficial for both individuals and teams. Even when guys are sent down, Its good to know they are going to a place where they are very popular. One point Green made was they wouodnt get a lot of practice time if we’re in the west because the travel would be twice as much. So an eastern based team that is pretty centralized in their division works out well with plenty of practice time. At the end of the day, that’s what we want for our prospects. Lots of practices and getting better every day. And the Nucks probably don’t want to have another competing team in their market. Even though they own the Comets. It would probably cost the Canucks a boatload of cash each year to keep the team afloat in Abbotsford. Especially if they have to help subsidize teams coming to Abby. 

• Hydration 1

Oh it'll be a good day when Granlund isn't on the roster anymore. I get that he's a swiss army knife type BUT he has very little appeal, not tough, not flashy, no personality. I dunno some of these things aren't important, but I'd rather have a guy who is more defined in what he is. Goldobin, you know what he is. Motte, he's a energy grinder with fan support. Granlund and Pouliot are on my chopping block for these kinda reasons. The Juolevi injury keeps Pouliot around for the year, which may have not been the case otherwise. 

I'll go 4-2 Canucks with Jake, Bo, Boeser and Motte as goalscorers. 

• Upvote 1

Wow I can’t wait to see the Canucks play after 5 days.

i just wish it wasn’t against the Coyotes. Ugh!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Qwags said:

Finally, Horvat has some offensive linemates. I like that Baer-Gaud-Virt combo.

They didn't seem to have any chemistry the 1st time around.  Gaudette is like Virtanen and doesn't give the puck back and just wants to shoot instead of trying to make a play to draw guys out of position.  The line created close to nothing and just killed time instead of being a threat. 

Edited by mll

If Nikita Tryamkin ever returns, he's going to need to choose a new number. Gaudette is great and will be a solid player for years to come. 

• Upvote 2

In his post-practice Green says one of the reasons he likes Edler's game this year is that he is being physical.  He says this season when he hits players feel it.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RJ Fletcher said:

@xereau

Nice GDT. CDC needs much more Ren & Stimpy content. Ren would have a heyday here, what with all the eeediots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By all accounts, this should be a winnable game......

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Nikita Tryamkin ever returns, he's going to need to choose a new number. Gaudette is great and will be a solid player for years to come. 

Gaud's plan to hold onto number 88 until Nikita returns. 

6 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Wow I can’t wait to see the Canucks play after 5 days.

i just wish it wasn’t against the Coyotes. Ugh!

May as well be a 7 day break. 

• Like 1

We really suck this year but that's OK, I see moments of greatness we can build upon for next year. I am really looking forward to seeing more youth join the roster and curious to see how the team responds after the last two eggs.

Pivotal game !!!! The 'hard' part of our schedule is behind us. The way we handle the soft half of our year starts today.

The team looked gassed at the end of that road trip. The team had no chance in NJ after the scheduler gave us the finger and in TMLland, the effort was there but the team was running on fumes !

Will we see the notorious 'first game back' game or a well rested vibrant playoff hopeful ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

By all accounts, this should be a winnable game......

With a nice rest between last game and this game, the team should come out energized, with Bo Brock line and the Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen line getting on the scoreboard. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Gaud's plan to hold onto number 88 until Nikita returns. 

Nah. Tram has no rights to it. Gave those up when he gave up on the team. If he ever returns he will have to choose a new number. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Offer him 666 - be the first team to go triple digits

• Hydration 1