The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Both games were a solid effort, what are you talking about? Philly played really good defense and limited the high quality chances last night. Tonight the Nucks came out flat and probably got a Stern talking-to by TG in the locker room before coming out and dominating the 2nd and holding their own in the third. A few unfortunate bounces and a bad call on the high stick goal was the only thing separating the boys from the 'W' tonight.

Bo hasn't seemed himself lately. Earlier in the season he was always made an impact every time he was on the ice. Lately not so much. Maybe he's butt hurt Petterson's success has over shadowed him?

Are you for real? Give me a break.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Played two pretty good games on the road. Having the back-to-back with them being rested, was a pretty good effort tonight." - Green

They don’t award points for effort Green however if you want to hand out effort medals after the game the player’s parents may appreciate it 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I felt after the All-Star game, Petey hasn't had his best two games. We went away with it a little in the third period and I thought we were good in the third so we stayed with it. I talked to both Bo and Petey about it, they aren't worried who they play with." - Green on line changes

Working really well so far Green, keep up the cutting edge coaching 

people need to stop complaining about the high stick goal... it doesn't matter coz the puck touched markstrom before it went in.. it doesn't matter if he touched it accidentally or not... if it didnt touch markstrom then it's no goal.. the fact it touched markstrom negates the highstick whether it was intentional or not... read the nhl rules regarding that..

(i) the puck has been batted to an opponent (when a player bats the puck to an opponent, the Referee shall give the "washout" signal immediately. Otherwise, he will stop play).

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

They don’t award points for effort Green however if you want to hand out effort medals after the game the player’s parents may appreciate it 

Obviously Green talks differently with the media vs. the players. He's going to stand up for his players to the rabid media, not berate them.

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

Obviously Green talks differently with the media vs. the players. He's going to stand up for his players to the rabid media, not berate them.

I just don’t think it’s crediboe to say it was a good effort when there were glaring screwups 

mostly as a result of his choices 

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

people need to stop complaining about the high stick goal... it doesn't matter coz the puck touched markstrom before it went in.. it doesn't matter if he touched it accidentally or not... if it didnt touch markstrom then it's no goal.. the fact it touched markstrom negates the highstick whether it was intentional or not... read the nhl rules regarding that..

(i) the puck has been batted to an opponent (when a player bats the puck to an opponent, the Referee shall give the "washout" signal immediately. Otherwise, he will stop play).

Not true if it results in a goal. Just think if it’s a point shot that’s deflected with a high-stick. It doesn’t have go in clean for it to be waved off.  Nevertheless, I still don’t think it was touched by a high-stick. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I just don’t think it’s crediboe to say it was a good effort when there were glaring screwups 

We played a 1 goal game against the cup champs. What you saw clearly was not what really happened. 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

So you would be happier if he gave the standard Alaign Vigneult answer? Win or lose just say "there some aspects of our game we need to work on and we're trying to improve every game blah, blah, blah"

Archived