The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Sharks... LIVE EDITION

MeanSeanBean

4 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Are we allowed to blame mikey yet?

6 weak goals

He's just a kid with no professional experience, not even in the AHL. I don't think anyone expected him to slot in and post a shutout.  It's clear after this experiment that he's not NHL ready. That doesn't mean he's a bad goalie, just means he needs more practice and experience before playing at this level.

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Simple answer, Jim Benning. It is just super unfortunate it came down to this. The kid is going to feel like crap after this, hopefully he can rebound and finish the OHL season strong then spend 3years in the A.

He is a very small goalie in stature in today's game. Lots to work on, but that is okay, he is 19. 

I don’t think it’s unfortunate, I think it’s incompetence, they had a long time to make sure this wouldn’t happen.

Kid was in over his head from the outset.  No matter what he needed 2-3 years of development before reaching this stage. Just an unlucky series of events puts him in goal vs a top team with no option to pull him. 

Are people seriously criticizing the guy? Even Carey price got bombed 7-0 in his first game. 

in reality we could have avoided this G situation if we just signed and brought up the Elder Leighton right away. But easy to say now, if Dipietro has a Hart like performance he would be lauded the next great one on here. So it is what it is at this point. Will be interesting to hear what the GM has to say after this game tho

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

WJHC and Memorial Cup say hi.  Is the Canadian national team also dumb for inviting him to the men's team at the Worlds?  19 year old goalies don't play in the NHL for a very good reason; their development path takes longer.

Ok 

Carter Hart is 20 

i am not saying we should blame it entirely on Dipietro, this is on management and philly for taking McKenna off waivers 

but is it too too much to ask for him to just make “one” save? We have given up the game already, but as a highly touted goalie prospect he should atleast make a few saves 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Wow, no mention of the Kane sucker punch?  

It's even worst then some sucker punches that got lengthy suspensions in the 90s NHL.  

Sportsnet is really dropping the ball here. 

If Roussel did it MacLean would have already written a tear down piece about him. 

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I’ve supported Gudbranson for a long time, but the truth is he gets wrecked defensively and I rarely see physical play from him. Hope he can prove me wrong..

Totally agree. I could live with his defensive liabilities IF he was a true team guy that stood up for the boys 

he doesn’t and to me sure as hell does not deserve to wear an A 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

You didn't think they played hard that period?  SJ didn't touch the puck for the first 10 mins.  In no way is it the fault of MD, but this is a one goal game, maybe two, with Marky in.

They need to come out hard. Dipietro should not have been given this game at all. It was a bad choice. Benning made a pretty big gaffe with the backup situation. 

Archived