The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks @ Nucks 7pm Feb 25 2019 - TDL Edition

therodigy

12 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's not nasty, but is physical. He won't be dirty or aggravating, but he does use size.

He does, Im just not convinced how often given such an advantage he has.  To be fair I dont see Jake or Edler out there chasing hits all the time either (which is a good thing), but I guess unless he returns to the nhl we will never really know.  

Just now, -AJ- said:

Schenn may or may not end up being better than Gudbranson, but he's costing us 1/5 the salary, so he's basically exactly what I wanted.

True. Let's just hope Pearson can live up to his 3 million contract the next few years... Then it's a big win! 

1 minute ago, 40Dangles said:

He only became hesitant when he started getting penalties for basically hitting guys and knocking them senseless. The idiot refs were not used to seeing big guys get thrown around so much and they assumed he was charging or tripping etc. I noticed after a bunch of bad calls a number of games in a row, he wasn't as physical. I watched almost every game as well and you can't tell him he wasn't intimidating players in the corners and as they came down on him. Once the league learned about him he was affecting the play of other players simply by being on the ice.

Well of course given his size you arnt just going to start trying to push him around.  What Im questioning is his willingness to engage or be part of the pack.  Could have just been a product of the time and things could very well be different now if he (hopefully) returned to the NHL.  Id be very curious.  Definitely could have a huge impact if he wants to be 

Like everyone else is saying Schenn actually looks ok. His mobility is better then I expected. Positionally he seems to keep it simple and so far has not made too many mistakes. It will be interesting to see how he fairs against a team with a lot of speed. Sautner just keeps showing a solid game ,one with a little edge. Not much offense there but he certainly doesn't hurt you when he is on the ice.

Not a long term solution.

4 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

He only became hesitant when he started getting penalties for basically hitting guys and knocking them senseless. The idiot refs were not used to seeing big guys get thrown around so much and they assumed he was charging or tripping etc. I noticed after a bunch of bad calls a number of games in a row, he wasn't as physical. I watched almost every game as well and you can't tell him he wasn't intimidating players in the corners and as they came down on him. Once the league learned about him he was affecting the play of other players simply by being on the ice.

On Tryamkin. Very observant.

I think he was confused by the reffing just like they were confused by his strength. Thing is he doesn't even have to be mean to be effective. He just shuts them down with brute force. And I think he and the refs would learn how to deal with each other after enough games here in NA.

Archived