The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanner Pearson | #70 | LW

-Vintage Canuck-

this is an interesting thread

it started out as PEARSON SOLIDIFIES OUR TOP 6, NO DOUBT!

then morphed into maybe he is a middles 6 guy

then, defense October 2019

did you guys get bored talking about Pearson?

On 4/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, Alflives said:

that's a really good point.  JB is clearly building us a winning team.  

Pearson would be great in a third line role, but he's showing he can second line minutes (maybe best in shorter periods of time?) too, which is great.  

Pearson is a new and better version of Higgins.  Not a bad thing.  

• Upvote 1

On 4/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, Borvat said:

True but then they need 3 legit top six wingers.  This would be a deep line up and ideal IMHO.

? - Pete - Boesser

? - Horvat - ?

Pearson - Gaudette - Leivo

Roussel - Beagle - Virtanen

EDIT:  I guess this is why we likely see Baertschi back next year and back on Bo's wing.  Could work if he stays healthy and they add a legit top six LW and RW. 

Exactly. Pearson has performed admirably, but I would love to see him forced down the chart - then we know we're deep.

The only change I might make to your line up is putting Motte on the 4th line, he was solid. Put Virt on the second line and if he can't make it happen, part ways with him or maybe Leivo. Jake really shouldn't be a 4th line guy..

I think Sven is an ideal 2nd line wing, but unfortunately he's too fragile. Much like Tanev & Sutter, eventually he will need to be replaced.. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

Exactly. Pearson has performed admirably, but I would love to see him forced down the chart - then we know we're deep.

The only change I might make to your line up is putting Motte on the 4th line, he was solid. Put Virt on the second line and if he can't make it happen, part ways with him or maybe Leivo. Jake really shouldn't be a 4th line guy..

I think Sven is an ideal 2nd line wing, but unfortunately he's too fragile. Much like Tanev & Sutter, eventually he will need to be replaced.. 

I like Sven but he isn't durable enough and as we have seen in the recent playoff games, it's different than the regular season and is much more physical - love playoff hockey.  I think Virtanen could play a simple game with Roussel and Beagle and gain some confidence and hopefully move up the lineup.  He could learn a lot from those two.    

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 1:01 AM, Me_ said:

Pearson is on pace for a 43pts season in 17 games with the Canucks. It puts him right back into his career’s average numbers.

He got more comfortable last two weeks of season and ended up with 12 points in 19 games and even with the slow start that is a 52 point pace.   In today’s NHL that is solidly top 6.

• Upvote 2

On 4/15/2019 at 10:07 AM, Glug Datt said:

Puljujarvi - Horvat - Virtanen

Lucic - Pete - Boesser

Pearson - Gaudette - Leivo

Roussel - Beagle - _______

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Neither Puljujarvi or Lucic could play top 6 on the Coiler team, so what makes you think they could on the Nucks?

Some day with the next three years I’m sure lots can happen with the Pul.

Lucic wrecking havoc on

the third line is fine by me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Neither Puljujarvi or Lucic could play top 6 on the Coiler team, so what makes you think they could on the Nucks?

I think Petey is the type of center, unlike McDavid, who would make Lucic better.  Petey slows the game down, and sees the ice better than Connor.  I don't know if Milan has the fitness and aerobic capacity to play every shift with Petey though.  But I could see Milan playing 12 minutes 5 on 5 with Petey and Bess.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Petey is the type of center, unlike McDavid, who would make Lucic better.  Petey slows the game down, and sees the ice better than Connor.  I don't know if Milan has the fitness and aerobic capacity to play every shift with Petey though.  But I could see Milan playing 12 minutes 5 on 5 with Petey and Bess.  

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I wish no ill will towards him unlike Heffy but he's not very good at 2019 hockey.

:lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

id rather have lucic ( like his rough hard nose style ) which is something we need. Plus i hate lou so much ill take that trade, atleast lucic has a mean streak and can help smarten up some players who take advantage of petey and our other smaller players ( hughes etc )

Plus lucic is a BC boy, bring him home so he can retire in BC :)

Edited by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz
  • Upvote 1