The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I like these all.  Removal of Vancouver is a win, retro C is better and clearer and nice to have the plate of spagetti still a retro option.  Only think that could be better would be the two bottom green stripes on the retro C but otherwise I think this is good.

• Upvote 1

The New skate jersey design is soft,.  Even the pastel colours are soft. No edge, no edges.

The original is more dramatic.. change the blue to a “stealth blue” or black in the original and you’ve got a great jersey.

The Black and Gold is a great go to..

Nuke the Whales.

35 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@CanuckGAME cartoon looking? And the Pittsburgh Penguin and the Annaheim Duck jersey aren't 'cartoon looking" as well?!?!? Give me a break.

The ducks jerseys are legitimate trash probably the worst in the league..... so nice comparison there bro....Johnny canuck isnt cartoon looking.  He IS A CARTOON.  It's not a good look AT ALL.  I guerantee if we switched our identity to JC our jerseys would be the worst selling in the league.

The pens should go back to this logo.  

7536_pittsburgh_penguins-jersey-2000.png

So again, nice comparisons.

You just proved my point that cartoon logos are trash.

Edited by CanuckGAME

54 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

@Boone Jenner yes the constipated looking orca as implied buy your enclosed photo is certainly appropriate for the topic, thx

imageproxy.jpg

Hard to call me stupid when you've used the incorrect by in your sentence, don't be stupid, stupid.

You just need to relax.. We get it.

2 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Interesting that there are only 4 name options available.  Is everyone else on the block?  

image.png.fefaeecff8adf83dbc74bf3765e8ff69.png

not necessarily on the block, but those are the only 4 I'd say with a virtually 100% chance of returning next year. 

24 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I thinks its because those are the 4 core star players  

But you would think you could order any name you felt like.

I'm just disappointed there are no goalies.  I'm seriously considering a Demko jersey.

1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

I'm just disappointed there are no goalies.  I'm seriously considering a Demko jersey.

the problem I imagine is dealing with the customer service nightmare when people order a player's jersey and then that player is moved out before they even get to wear it and you have countless people clamoring for refunds. 

if it launched in september it would be a different story, but immediately prior to the busiest transaction period of the year it seems like a smart idea to protect people from themselves. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

yeah i get what you mean buts probably because its earlier on and they know those 4 will be the top sellers  

4 minutes ago, tas said:

the problem I imagine is dealing with the customer service nightmare when people order a player's jersey and then that player is moved out before they even get to wear it and you have countless people clamoring for refunds. 

if it launched in september it would be a different story, but immediately prior to the busiest transaction period of the year it seems like a smart idea to protect people from themselves. 

Fair enough.  I wasn't thinking of that angle.

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

The ducks jerseys are legitimate trash probably the worst in the league..... so nice comparison there bro....Johnny canuck isnt cartoon looking.  He IS A CARTOON.  It's not a good look AT ALL.  I guerantee if we switched our identity to JC our jerseys would be the worst selling in the league.

The pens should go back to this logo.  

7536_pittsburgh_penguins-jersey-2000.png

So again, nice comparisons.

You just proved my point that cartoon logos are trash.

I do find it funny that people hate the word mark yet I loved these jerseys. 

c0c154c2cee9bd01.jpg

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, goalie13 said:

There is another option on the website where you can put any name and number on it. The prices are a bit higher compared to premade ones with names. I suspect the latter are iron pressed rather than stitched.

https://vanbase.ca/collections/50th-season-jersey-collection/products/vancouver-canucks-adidas-pro-custom-jersey-new

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1

16 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Thats right you hide in here

:ph34r: