The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

19 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Wow 126 pages of "spew". :lol: The time to trade him has come and gone, deal with it. His 6 million CONTRACT says he has 3 more years. At least we didn't resign the Sedins when many wanted us to. B)

Please don't bring the Sedins into this lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KeslerWho? said:

Lend him to the Texas Stars and make the best of a bad situation.

Maybe in the future he'll be a bit more reasonable with his NTC because we let him play close to his family 

and why would we help him, where he has done nothing for us. iF WE LEND HIM TO TEXAS HE WILL NEVER WAVIE HIS TRADE CLAUSE

17 hours ago, gurn said:

Nothing wrong with sitting in a press box be it in Vancouver or Utica, but they can't make him deliver meals, or worse as some posters have suggested.

Crapping on him to get him to quit is quite likely to be found as violation of labour law.

Not worth the risk, send him down if they must, but do it with out malice.

totally agree the man deserves respect, he's had a good NHL carreer except for his time in Vancouver. But I would not let him in the dressing room again in Vancouver

18 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This stuff has gotten out of hand this Tread should be locked and any other topic made on this issue should be locked.

I personally blame the Mods of this forum for letting this get out of hand. 

This form is suppose to represent this team. People on this forum should not be allowed to ridicule players, as Eriksson has been and it is 100% the Moderators fault.

If this gets me banned so be it.

All the Mods should be ashamed of themselves and put an end to this BS.

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/loui-eriksson-s-agent-claims-his-client-s-comments-have-been-blown-out-of-proportion-1.23906685

Can we please put an end to this and let the calm and sensible rule the day.

Can this forum not hold the higher ground, as this forum is actually one that is directly tied to the Canucks website.

The behavior towards LE is no better then someone trashing his family. I really do hope his kids do not see this.

LE didn't commit a crime he just hasn't  played up to your own expectations. It is a sport so stop trashing his name.  

Sincerely

A father of a 2 year old. 

You'll never get sensibility throughout on this forum. I know what your saying tho! If this thread gets locked someone else will just make one.

Mods leave certain topics open for nostalgia then nit pick others if you have the wrong brackets in your post. Its a tough job to be a Mod, they cant monitor all the garbage 24/7...they basically do it for free afterall.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This stuff has gotten out of hand this Tread should be locked and any other topic made on this issue should be locked.

Get off your high horse.

You are the same poster who called all Canuck fans stupid. So yeah.....I won't worry about what you think about this forum....no offence.  :picard:

Edit:  PS - letz run this Loui bum outta town!!!!    :ph34r:

Edit: PPS - I'm sure Loui is just a swell fella. Just don't let him play any more ice hockey in Vancouver. ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Squamfan said:

and why would we help him, where he has done nothing for us. iF WE LEND HIM TO TEXAS HE WILL NEVER WAVIE HIS TRADE CLAUSE

Interesting. Does Alaska still have an ECHL team? ;)

Edited by VIC_CITY

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

totally agree the man deserves respect, he's had a good NHL carreer except for his time in Vancouver. But I would not let him in the dressing room again in Vancouver

I fully respect that he's by far the best smelling guy in the dressing room after the game.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Gilmour at least broke a sweat during the game though.  LE doesn't even need a post-game shower.

I was trying to find a picture of Loui in warm up with his hair freely flowing in the breeze and caption it: Loui at max effort lol but I legit couldn't find 1 photo in his entire career without a helmet. It appears as if he's always wore the helmet/visor in warm up and yet to lose his helmet in a collision/puck battle. That's so Loui.

Edited by VIC_CITY

12 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Fresh start...start with a new proper adult haircut? Ditch the MopHead, that kind of hair is for teens and I suppose the young millenial early 20's.

If Loui came to camp with a Theo Von inspired mullet, I'd consider forgiving him.

Theo-Von-350x350.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This form is suppose to represent this team. People on this forum should not be allowed to ridicule players, as Eriksson has been and it is 100% the Moderators fault.

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/loui-eriksson-s-agent-claims-his-client-s-comments-have-been-blown-out-of-proportion-1.23906685

Can this forum not hold the higher ground, as this forum is actually one that is directly tied to the Canucks website.

The behavior towards LE is no better then someone trashing his family. I really do hope his kids do not see this.

LE didn't commit a crime he just hasn't  played up to your own expectations. It is a sport so stop trashing his name.  

Sincerely

My dude, let's make a couple assumptions about the mods first:

1) Mods generally don't close down the most popular threads on the forum, especially when they're such hot button, currently relevant topics. It's the dog days of the summer, what else is there to talk about?

2) Mods have seen the same games as you and I, they've read the same Loui quotes as you and I and have quite possibly come to the conclusion that Loui sucks. 

Long live this thread!

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Sincerely

Lol !!

Hiding behind your 2 year old speaks volumes..  that might be Erikssons next move too.

Green stated that he was very surprised that Loui brought out publicly, what he and Eriksson had discussed privately in their exit meetings after the season.  

So there is more truth to what Eriksson said than what his agent is saying in damage control.

Personally I think it’s a selfish tactic on LE’s part, trying to lay blame on his poor efforts over 3 seasons , rather than own it, reshape his game, or bow out gracefully from it.

I highly doubt, and can not see a line up, or combination that should include Eriksson on this Team next season.. his replacements were acquired in the off season.

Utica.  

Retired after Christmas.

.. he has collected most of his 6 year contract already.. he can return to the SEL and probably make 2-3 mil per.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol !!

Hiding behind your 2 year old speaks volumes..  that might be Erikssons next move too.

Green stated that he was very surprised that Loui brought out publicly, what he and Eriksson had discussed privately in their exit meetings after the season.  

So there is more truth to what Eriksson said than what his agent is saying in damage control.

Personally I think it’s a selfish tactic on LE’s part, trying to lay blame on his poor efforts over 3 seasons , rather than own it, reshape his game, or bow out gracefully from it.

I highly doubt, and can not see a line up, or combination that should include Eriksson on this Team next season.. his replacements were acquired in the off season.

Utica.  

Retired after Christmas.

.. he has collected most of his 6 year contract already.. he can return to the SEL and probably make 2-3 mil per.

My point was that bulling doesn't just affect those people that are being bullied  in this day and age. That some of his children are probably old enough to know how to use the internet and come across some of this BS.

The purpose of me signing it that way was to appeal to those that are parents. I know that those that act like this are most likely young immature males. I figure maybe by appealing to the parents on the site we could redirect the narrative.

I completely agree Greens job is to ice the best team he feels fit. Clearly that would be with or with out Eriksson but this fan base doesn't need to drag his name through the mud.

Eriksson's comments are minor compared to players of other sports. Yet this fan base requires the need to trash him for these minor comments.

Furthermore, My name is Arrow Phillips and I hide behind nobody or the internet.

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 3