The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Peter Chiarelli could join the Canucks

20 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

You know Chiarelli isn't that bad. In Oilerville he wasn't the problem, it is the owners there who make the decisions, the GM title is just somebody to point fingers at for when they fu*k up royally. 

Seguin for LE, Smith and a couple of rolls of tape ring a bell?

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I don't want him anywhere near this team

BUT

Nobody in any capacity since 2004/2005/2006 hs had any success at all with the Oilers.  Lowe has been effectively controlling that franchise for over a decade and with  Katz battling for his life he has given Lowe complete control of hockey ops outside of the presidential and general manager position.  Everything flows through him.

I cannot entirely say that Chia pet was the issue in edmonton nor will I give him any credit for what he did because the team was bloody awful.

But a lot of very intelligent hockey minds have gone through Edmonton over the last decade with zero success in the last near 15 years.

If he was to be brought in as any kind of advisor without any actual power, that's fine.  But keep him away from drafting, trades and any signings

You don't have to. His atrocious trades spoke for themselves. Pathetic.

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You don't have to. His atrocious trades spoke for themselves. Pathetic.

That's nice.  Way to discount anything else I said though.  Or ignore the other genuinely brilliant hockey personalities that have failed there.

No GM with the Oilers has any say, Katz has given Lowe Carte Blanche and everything moves through him.  Has for over a decade

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

That's nice.  Way to discount anything else I said though.  Or ignore the other genuinely brilliant hockey personalities that have failed there.

No GM with the Oilers has any say, Katz has given Lowe Carte Blanche and everything moves through him.  Has for over a decade

My bad. I didn't read your post. Just saw the bolded part that Chia wasn't the issue haha.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

My bad. I didn't read your post. Just saw the bolded part that Chia wasn't the issue haha.

NO worries, someone else had posted that and I looked and it's shocking how many people have failed there.  But EVERYONE who has left the organization (not named Yakupov) has gone to do some solid things.  I feel bad for Nicholson because he's the next victim

4 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Apparently the Canucks are rumoured on everything with 2 legs and a heart beat 

The 2 legs are TOO short and TOO skinny. And the DAMN heartbeat is too fast.   WE NEED A SLOWER HEARTBEAT!! 

COME ON!!!!!

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tas said:

say what you will about chiarelli, it's definitely the cool thing to do, but did he do any worse in edmonton than the countless other good hockey people who tried over the last 15 years? the organization is a joke. 

sure, he didn't fix them, but I'm loathe to discount his prior body of work simply because he failed in a perpetual failure organization.

nhl_g_chiarellip_576.jpg

C'mon man, he was brutal in Edmonton. A great oppurtunity with all the pieces to put in place to do great things and he did the direct opposite. They may not recover from this for years!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Jeebus I hope not.  Look at the tire fire in Edmonton.  

It's bad,                             369206619_tirefireedmonton-001.jpg.4ac60e89f1a69d3b401828d83f4d15f3.jpg                           really bad.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, 6string said:

It's bad,                             369206619_tirefireedmonton-001.jpg.4ac60e89f1a69d3b401828d83f4d15f3.jpg                           really bad.

That fire has been burning for years ;)

• Haha 1