The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Interesting to see us land some local talent. Benn from Victoria and Myers's wife is from Kelowna and they live here in the summer I believe.

Myers, maybe Schenn, maybe Barrie someday. The Kelowna D factory is ours. 

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If true those are two brilliant signings for cap and term between him and Myers.

The best part is that HF Boards are still melting down about Myers so this will not doubt cause many of them to drink themselves in to the hospital today

They would have drunk themselves into the hospital today anyways.  Happy Canada Day!

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Just shows how little I know,  I thought lumberjack was the new Hipster? 

It's all matter of perspective. My dad is a real lumberjack (faller), but I now live in the city. In comparison to the other city folk people call me a bush person. But my dad calls me a hipster because I enjoy fresh ground coffee and shopping local. Apparently hipster is either a state of mind, or just what logger father's call their kids who move from small towns.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

It's all matter of perspective. My dad is a real lumberjack (faller), but I now live in the city. In comparison to the other city folk people call me a bush person. But my dad calls me a hipster because I enjoy fresh ground coffee and shopping local. Apparently hipster is either a state of mind, or just what logger father's call their kids who move from small towns.

Shopping local and drinking local beers tastes better though.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pickly said:

Shopping local and drinking local beers tastes better though.

Your preaching to the choir friend. But you  try telling a 56 year old bush man that filling a growler with brewpub beer is better then 24 packs of bud in every way. It's a hard sell.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Oso Negro is the best coffee you can buy. And it’s roasted and brewed in BC. pulp fiction coffee GIF by The Good Films

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NeilColville said:

Oso Negro is the best coffee you can buy. And it’s roasted and brewed in BC. pulp fiction coffee GIF by The Good Films

Huh, never had it. Thanks for the lead friend. Literally nothing more enjoyable then a cup of black coffee to start the day. That is the mountain I'll die on.

• Upvote 1

Just now, shayster007 said:

Huh, never had it. Thanks for the lead friend. Literally nothing more enjoyable then a cup of black coffee to start the day. That is the mountain I'll die on.

10/10 would buy. 20 bucks a pound but worth it. If you are ever in Nelson I recommend going to the place, good breakfast too 

15 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Great pickup.  D looks good now:

Edler-Tanev

Hughes-Myers

Benn-Stecher

Fantenburg, Biega

OJ, Sautner, Breezer

The extra real good part about this is that there should be no need to bring up Juolevi until he's legitimately ready and deserving of being here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3