The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am happy about this signing.

It is funny though that some people rag on Biega a lot because he is small.

However, Benn weighs the same as Biega at 199.  He is 4 inches taller though lol.

I don't get it and Biega plays much bigger than he is too 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Canuck pajamas all but confirmed.

He's motivated and happy to be home. He won't be taking nothing for granted. A nice improvement over Hutton who filled that role last season. 

Hutton has rubbed me the wrong way since his sophomore season. I was a huge supporter of him in his first camp. I think he got to comfort getting to the NHL to soon.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

The Petey factor.   Our team is suddenly becoming a better option for some.

Jordie Benn's instagram profile picture is him with a pit bull. If that's his dog, he'd probably want out of Montreal. Pit bulls are illegal there.

Edit: I see Montreal lifted the ban. There's an article (linked) that says Jordie was able to have his dog come to Montreal with him after the ban was lifted.

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/stu-cowan-mans-best-friend-give-canadiens-jordie-benn-a-boost 

Edited by MattJVD
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

He's motivated and happy to be home. He won't be taking nothing for granted. A nice improvement over Hutton who filled that role last season. 

Hutton has rubbed me the wrong way since his sophomore season. I was a huge supporter of him in his first camp. I think he got to comfort getting to the NHL to soon.

Too happy and smiley.

I don't want happy on defense.

I want Todd Bertuzzis snarly face and to hand out a beating if someone thinks our crease is a good place to setup shop, or that Petey would be a good person to practice their WWE moves on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Too happy and smiley.

I don't want happy on defense.

I want Todd Bertuzzis snarly face and to hand out a beating if someone thinks our crease is a good place to setup shop, or that Petey would be a good person to practice their WWE moves on.

You need someone to lighten up the room as well. Can't all be dour and grim. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Benning has had his misadventures signing free agents in the past but I honestly have to give him full marks. Benn us afantastic signing that can move aroubd and help fill the void when Tanev gets injured for long stretches. Myers adds an element we have not had for awhile. And the Miller trade was pretty much exactly the kind of top 6 guy we needed.

The Canucks are a better team today. If JB can move out Eriksson and possibly Sutter while signing another forward I think they will be even better.

Amen 

Wow finding out that he was offered the same contract by the Habs to re-sign and he chose Vancouver makes me like him even more. Great job JB for the signing and especially the contract!

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Another prospect camp invitee making his way back to his roots.  First Troy Stecher, then Antoine Roussel and now Jordie.

Its kinda cool that even when players don't get signed right after their camp some how find their way back to the team.

• Cheers 3