The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] VAN T6 Goal totals (Three 30+ Goal scorers?)

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not bad, but Quinn gets 15 goals and 50 assists.  

Man Alf.  I'll give you this - you form strong opinions and stick with them.  From LE not being an NHL player anymore to Hughes being the best defenseman since Lidstrom, you do like to think big.

Since you restated your position, I will restate mine.  I don't believe he will be that good, though I do believe he will quickly become our go-to guy in offensive situations and will become the best puck mover this team has ever had from the blueline. I'll predict 48-53 points. But I do hope you're right and I am wrong. I think how he does will depend largely on the ability of his partner to read him and keep up to the speed of his game. 

Edited by kloubek

If we're gonna say every one of these players gets top 6 minutes and plays 82 games (which is obviously impossible), I'll go with this for now:

Petey 29

Boeser 36

Bo 31

Miller 24

Ferland 16

Jake 19

Baertschi 23

Pearson 18

Obviously since there are more than 6 skaters here not all could play those kind of minutes, so some players would have lower totals due to playing 3rd line minutes. The only ones that are genuine guesses within the 82-games assumption would be EP, Boeser, and Bo, all three of whom are guaranteed to be in our top 6.

• Cheers 1

Ok - I' m going off the charts, Tampa be damned:

Petey:  51

Brock:   42

Bo:   31

Miller:  24

Baer:  22

Virt:   21

Pearson: 17

Ferland: 16

Eriksson: 12

Sutter: 11

Leivo: 9

Motte: 8

Gaudette: 7

Goldy: 7

Beagle: 6

Schaller: 4

MacEwen: 2

Hughes: 11

Myers:  8

Edler:  7

Stecher: 5

Juolevi:  3

Benn: 2

Tanev: 2

Teves: 1

Marky: 3 shutouts

Demko: 2 shutouts

• Upvote 1

I was thinking about this the other day and if everything goes well, we could have upwards of eight 20+ goal scorers. This is what I see:

Pettersson - 39G

Boeser - 41G

Horvat - 28G

Miller - 25G

Pearson - 20

Baertschi - 20G

Ferland - 20G

Virtanen - 20G

This may seem overly optimistic but I really like how our forwards look this year. 

Edited by Pears
forgot one

I think a lot of people are being way to generous.

20+ for Virtanen?

40+ for Pettersson?

10+ for Hughes?

20+ for Ferland?

Jake still needs to continue to work on his defensive game and he probably won’t get too much offensive opportunities, with guys like Ferland, Miller, Bärtschi, and Pearson ahead of him. I see him topping at 17 goals this season, if injuries occur with 10 goals being the low end.

The books out on Pettersson. Goalies are aware of his tendencies. Last year, he had a hot start with 23 of his 28 goals coming Pre all-star break. Post all-star, he only had 5 in 31 games. He still has a lethal shot, but I see him being more of a playmaker this upcoming season, with more talent to work with. I see him scoring 27 goals, and 70 points.

Hughes has never amass 10 goals in his career. So, I don’t see him doing that at the Pro level. 

Ferland scored 20+ goals once, playing along side Monahan and Gaudreau. I can see him scoring 20+ goals, if he plays/stays with Pettersson.

It’s been ten hours since the poet made this thread, by all accounts he’s probably lying in his own barf now but just in case he’s one of those guys that can go three days straight I will add to his self-abuse.

JT Miller 22

EP 34

Boeser 39

Ferland 18

Horvat 30

Pearson 17

JV 18

Bear 14 

Thats 8 players ... only six will get the top six minutes but believe several will get rotated in and out due to injuries on the top nine and only six get the juiciest minutes.  I also think overall we see an uptick in scoring as now we can ice a better first and second unit PP.

Defense

Edler 8

Myers 14

Hughes 6

Overall I saw us getting 30-40 more goals then last year or around 250-265.  Scoring by committee for sure.

Poet take a drink, was tempted to have Boeser at over 40, but really didn’t want to encourage that sort of thing you said you’d do if he scored that many.  

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Boeser 35+

pettersson 25+

horvat 25+

virtanen 15

Miller 20

ferland 20

Pearson 15

Baertschi 15

Leivo 15

Sutter 10

Beagle 10

Roussel 5

Erikson 1

Hughes 10

Edler 10

Myers 10

stecher 5

Benn 5

tanev 5

total goals scored: 286

forwards: 241

defence:45

G/GP : 3.49

2018 league average comparison below

3B57165E-D4F0-4B4F-B783-AAD5E041F613.jpeg

You realize thats more then the WCE and Sedin teams could manage right?  I thought I was been too generous suggesting we’d score 30-40 more goals  but think it’s a possibility....but that’s a sixty goal improvement - we’d be the best in the West maybe the league with those numbers....love the optimism and hope your right - I do think that sort of scoring will be possible when the team peaks in a few years ... but next year it will take time for lines to gain chemistry.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:26 AM, IBatch said:

You realize thats more then the WCE and Sedin teams could manage right?  I thought I was been too generous suggesting we’d score 30-40 more goals  but think it’s a possibility....but that’s a sixty goal improvement - we’d be the best in the West maybe the league with those numbers....love the optimism and hope your right - I do think that sort of scoring will be possible when the team peaks in a few years ... but next year it will take time for lines to gain chemistry.

Yeah you’re right I’m  being extremely generous; but I  think an improvement to 3.0-3.1, An increase of .4 will be possible

the other side of the equation is important too and that’s the GA. 

Edited by Setyoureyesontheprize
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Yeah you’re right I’m  being extremely generous; but I  think an improvement to 3.0-3.1, An increase of .4 will be possible

the other side if the equation is important to and that’s the GA. 

That’s ok, I like I said I think when they peak those types of totals are very possible - both EP and Boeser are capable of scoring 40-50 from what I’ve seen.   Could become the best line we’ve ever had at some point.   We definitely have a ton of players capable of reaching 20 under ideal circumstances, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with 15-19 from your middle six guys either - Rousell is another guy and LE and Goldobin too.  That sort of depth wins cups too, can’t shut down every line ... 

On the other side of the ledger losing Guddy, Hutton and Pouilet for Benn, Hughes and Myers should be a improvement over a year, and we still have OJ and Woo coming up.   The biggest help is the pressure it takes off Edler and Tanev IMO, on both special teams - hopefully it will keep them on the ice for more games, and their play more effective which I believe it will.   Have stated 95 points is on the conservative side, could see us a hundred point team again ... 

12 hours ago, Solinar said:

Pettersson - 34

Boesser - 42

Miller -27

Ferland - 24

Horvat - 33

Pearson - 22

Eriksson - 16

Sutter - 19

Virtanen - 21

Beagle - 14

Leivo - 16

Motte - 11

Edler - 12

Myers - 12

Hughes - 14

Stecher - 10

Benn - 9

Tanev - 6

Markstrom - 1

Demko - 0

Holy crap, that is 343 goals....  Okay, taking 10 away from Boesser, that should be more realistic, right? :)

Ya and Loui Eriksson 16 will be in Utica

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Stick virtanen with Horvat and Miller &  he'll be a 20-25 Goal guy every year.

Bo 30+ he's getting better year after year and if he has some stable linemates sky's the limit. Playing with Miller and virtanen will give him even more opportunity Miller is a good puck distributor and jv size and speed creating room for his line mates

Pete 35+

BB 35+

Bo 30+

Miller 20

Ferland 15-20

Virtanen 20

Pearson & baertchi 15ish

Myers 10ish

Hughes pile up the As

Goldy 15 ( once someone in the top-six gets hurt he can step in and if he's playing with Pettersen he's going to produce if not goals definitely assists his playmaking & chemistry with Pettersen was completely overlooked but the coaching staff last year

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

this is Loui Erikssons breakout year gonna pot 40 book it!

And really why not?   If your being honest there is four guys below him on the depth chart that are signed, this might not be popular but he’s not the 13th forward.  Unless it’s political he will be in the starting line-up.

• Upvote 1

At first I was skeptical of people projecting Quinn to hit double digits in goals (I still sort of am), but after looking at comparables around the league (notably Ghost in Philly) I'm starting to think that could happen.  

Unless Quinn really hits the gym and bulks up I find it hard for him to become a Torey Krug (who's got more of a one-time shot from the back end), and even in college Quinn's goals were either below the dots due to his roving or seeing eye shots from the point (with the occasional one-time shot from the right side).  The thing is, in Philly Ghost has that kind of space up front due to the talent and size of the Flyer forwards pushing back the D on the PP, and I could see that with this forward group too.  If he and Pete (similar role to Voracek) switch places on the PP and Bo's creating space with his net presence (much like Simmonds did in his Flyers days), and Brock drags his defender away from Quinn, he could often get the space in the right side to make plays, toe-drag and look for shots while drifting towards the net without someone leaning on him.  Intelligence driven guys like Quinn and Ghost need that kind of space to operate and I think with the likes of Ferland, Miller, Bo, Brock and Petey around him there might just be enough size and skill for him to have 10+ goals (was never worried about his assists).

Edited by Phil_314