The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Name your favorite temporary Canuck in the Benning era!

Rate this topic

Rush17

I'll go with Luke Schenn, was was a surprise and did a lot better than was expected.

I'd have a hard time saying Miller or even Vanek because they played a lot and really don't fit the definition of "temporary".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I agree with @theo5789 DD he embodied Green's style and he would have been awesome to watch with petey and Brock 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxi5ieTwtAI

Dorsette would be my choice too.  

But a big hard no for him playing with Pete and Brock. 

A line like that means you don’t have a real top 6 to play with your top line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

Player has to no longer be on the team and has suited up for the Canucks in the Benning era. Who did you cheer for most and why did you gravitate towards them?

My fav - Ronald Kenins #41

Related image

I loved his hard hitting play and energy. It's unfortunate he was unable to maintain his play at this level.

I figured this could be a fun way to re live some of the old members of this young transitioning team! Feel free to share whatever you like!

I always felt that Kenins should have been given more of a leash on the Canucks.  He's a good 4th line guy.... decent speed, decent size and decent enough skills.  He did have decent chemistry with Bo as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I always felt that Kenins should have been given more of a leash on the Canucks.  He's a good 4th line guy.... decent speed, decent size and decent enough skills.  He did have decent chemistry with Bo as well.

He did for that brief season. The following season, he wasn't the same player. Wasn't aggressive anymore and just wasn't skating well. Don't know if it was a lingering injury. Perhaps he should've been given a longer look, but it looks like his career really dropped off afterwards.

• Like 1