The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor John Shannon leaving sportsnet

Rate this topic

Squamfan

Just don't send in the goons,I was surprized with the number of announcers who were absolute goons when they played and got jobs and where telling young players all about hockey.

Nick Kypreos

Marty McSorley ,

WERE TWO WHO COME TO MIND.

Each team should have their own group of announcers for ALL home games,I alway felt that having those guys from other teams come in and do the game was like having the enemy announcing your home game.

Here in Canuck land JOHN&JOHN are the familiar voices but to add some other competent ex-canucks to the team would be great for the people who just can't afford to go to the games.

The JIM ROBSON familiarity type factor,call the games fairly really does help and they don't have to be total homers like some announcers.

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Our best hope is that when we get a commissioner who actually cares about the sport, there will be some pressure from the league for broadcasters to conduct themselves in a professional manner and not further disgrace the sport.  Sportsnet sure as hell doesn't care about the quality of their product, as illustrated by the absolute buffoons that they seem to deem fit for employment.  When Don Cherry is one of the closest personalities to conducting himself like an adult, there's a serious problem.

Now, I'll tell you something right 'dere.Over 'ere kids, right 'dere is how you want to act, and talk. Okay den, right here we have a bunch of kids, that come from over 'dere. And 'dey came here, from 'dere, to do the right things the right, Canadian way, eh?. Back it up, right 'dere, dats how you be Canadian right 'dere.

Spoiler

Dude's senile.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Now, I'll tell you something right 'dere.Over 'ere kids, right 'dere is how you want to act, and talk. Okay den, right here we have a bunch of kids, that come from over 'dere. And 'dey came here, from 'dere, to do the right things the right, Canadian way, eh?. Back it up, right 'dere, dats how you be Canadian right 'dere.

Hide contents

Dude's senile.

Yep.  Still take him over Randorf fellating the OIlers or Ron MacLean criminally slandering Alex Burrows.  Don at least had the balls to call out that goof for the slimeball that he is.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Yep.  Still take him over Randorf fellating the OIlers or Ron MacLean criminally slandering Alex Burrows.  Don at least had the balls to call out that goof for the slimeball that he is.

He shoootthhhhs he thhhcortthhhsss.

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Haha...all the blow hards leaving....awesome.

Kypreos is an idiot with brain damage from playing hockey.  Doug Maclean was kinda funny but knows nothing about the Canucks just like kypreos.  John shannon is probably the one of the three I hate the least but whatever, replace him with some nobody that knows hockey.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Haha...all the blow hards leaving....awesome.

Kypreos is an idiot with brain damage from playing hockey.  John shannon is probably the one of the three I hate the least but whatever, replace him with some nobody that knows hockey.

Its probably just about money at this point. Old, expensive guys out, and young, guys, with the same exact central derived talking points, in to replace them.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, xereau said:

They all just read canned central planning teleprompters anyways, and blow smoke up everyone's arses, and them theirs.

These are all the round table opinion guys that are being turfed.

You know what I saw on their shows? Guys having daily competitions to see who can drink the most sponsored water on camera.

^^ and that's not even really a joke.

You've got that right.  And what's going to happen to the round table stuff?  It's the only hour on SN650 worth listening to.  

I do want to see more of Burkie but I think he's more of a successor to Cherry rather than a permanent member of the panel to replace Kipper.

KB3 would be great but he probably needs a little development time to hone his craft.  I could see him on the panel. 

Alex Auld has a lot of potential.  To bad he has been paired up with Sat Shah.  The hour has become unlistenable despite Auld who, if handled right, could be Sportsnet's answer to Ferraro imo.

• Upvote 2