The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where y’all from?

Rate this topic

70seven

7 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Yes, I had heard all of that. So obviously despite the high cost of living you enjoy life there?

Not sure if I would use the word "enjoy".  I'm a bit of a loner and love to spend time in nature, so for me, I'd much rather be back home in nature rich BC. The only reason I'm still here is because my kids are here.  I don't hate it here - it's comfortable, good quality of life, safe, etc.  The weather is almost identical to Vancouver/Victoria as well.  For most people, Denmark is a great place to live.   It's consistently right up there with Norway, Sweden and Canada at the top of most "top 10 countries" type of lists.

• Upvote 2

Castlegar, Vancouver, Elkford, Victoria, Castlegar, Victoria, Kemptville (moved back East so my wife has a turn living close to her family although she grew up in Vancouver).   Also spent all my summers in the Kootenays and interior growing up - and still come back every now and then to holiday there where a lot of family lives (and the Island once a year or so).   Went to the same school as TG when he moved for hockey...he was quite something - that mullet and acne, one funny looking dude.

Miss the ferry trips to watch games - that said going to MTL to see them is something I circle the calendar for, and Utica in Laval or Belleville or a three hour drive to see in Utica isn’t hard from here.  

OTT actually has better site lines then both Vancouver and MTL so those games are fun too (although we haven’t been beating them as often as we did when I first moved).    Don’t miss the rain.  But I won’t miss the snow or bugs in the summer if I ever move back either ha ha.   Also miss the games starting at 7-7:30....

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

do you know if the old forum is still standing or what it is used for now? use to watch the canucks play there in their whl days.

Hi Joe yes the forum building is still standing although they removed the boards and ice plant. The Agrodome shares a ice plant with the coliseum. The forum has been used for marketplace and concerts since the removal of the ice and boards.You can still go there the seats and one press box still remains i believe

https://www.pne.ca/filming/buildings/pne-forum/

Edited by mikeyman109

10 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Hi Joe yes the forum building is still standing although they removed the boards and ice plant. The Agrodome shares a ice plant with the coliseum. The forum has been used for marketplace and concerts since the removal of the ice and boards.You can still go there the seats and one press box still remains i believe

https://www.pne.ca/filming/buildings/pne-forum/

thank you, we use to rent the small sheet of ice just off the main rink and play against other communities. we all chipped in a dollar a piece.

44 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Vancouver, Ladner, North Delta, Surrey , Port Hardy, White Rock, Surrey, North Delta, Abbotsford

Mission the last 10 years, love the Valley. close enough to get to the games far enough to avoid the noise, traffic, BS

port hardy? is that where the nymkish inn is? probably the wrong spelling.